• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

UK Drunken Thug Rips Sikh's Turban Off His Head. Sikh Man Shunned By His Community

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ok Harry! I read the legal synopsis at the link you provided. The assailant is someone I don't want to know. The nameless Singh got to know him close and personal without even a nod. What lies behind that link is a whole new thread. Thread title: Immigrant Singh trying to make in the new land runs into a small time punk and drug dealer with an anger disorder (real psychiatric conditions btw). What should he do? There is a lot there that a South American novelist could work with.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Adminji

to be fair, the story has been in a lot of newspapers here in the UK. I do not think the DM have it any different to any of the others.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...runken-1732795

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...#axzz2MBK3dSnw

Signing off after this one. The reason I brought the business of South American novelists: Sometimes a collection of "facts" tell a greater lie because they are incomplete and are limited by the perspective of the "fact collector." The advantage of fiction? Behind the "facts" there is a story, maybe more than one story, and you begin to understand. Maybe you realize there is more than you realized.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
As everyone else is speculating, allow me to put my monocle on and join the crowd.

1. This Sikh is a recent immigrant to the UK from Punjab with not very much education, hence working at Sainsbury supermarket as a labourer not as a manager.
2. All his relatives have been in the UK for a very long time. Perhaps many of them are born there.
3. He does not feel the Punjab he left among his Punjabi mates.
4. These Punjabis are not the ones in his village or town as he imagined them to be.
5. Many of his relatives may not have turbans anymore except for the special occasions.
6. They may have urged him to take it off and become mona in order to find a job.
7. The turban is all he has got left for him to keep his inner identity intact.
8. He has been ostracised by his closed ones not long after his arrival with these kinds of nudging.
9. After the incidence, either it is like," We told you so" or as Harry ji said, get the maximum out of the system as it happened at his work which is a big company.
10. He was coached to talk like that through others as he is too" embarrassed" to say it by himself. Hence, not even his name is mentioned which is a well thought ploy.
11. With some lump sum settlement, he also hopes to become the bird of a feather that he thought he already was after leaving India.

I hope I am wrong in all the above because my monocle is dirty and cloudy.

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: