Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Draw inspiration from Guru Nanak's message: Obama

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Ambarsaria, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Sending best wishes to the Sikh community on the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, US President Barack Obama today said that people can draw inspiration from his message of equality, honesty and helping those in need.

"As Sikhs across America and around the world celebrate the life of Guru Nanak, all of us can draw inspiration from his message of equality, honesty, and helping those who are in need," Obama said in a statement.

"I send my best wishes to all those observing the anniversary of the birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the first Sikh Guru," he said.

"On this occasion, we are reminded of the fundamental principles of Sikhism, including the equality of all people, the sanctity of living an honest life, and the importance of service to our neighbours," Obama said.

"I'm proud that during my presidency the White House hosted the first celebration of the birth of Guru Nanak, and our country is grateful for the extraordinary contributions that Sikh Americans have made to our nation," said the US President.

Press Trust Of India
    Washington, November 10, 2011
    (http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Americas/Draw-inspiration-from-Guru-Guru Nanak-s-message-Obama/Article1-767472.aspx)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loading...