• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Don't Eat!

star

Banned
Nov 20, 2013
Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension

Another dangerous helminthes is Taenia Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from

Taenia tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ovas present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rgvzRHqB4 I have checked the link and it is marked 'PRIVATE." Therefore the source cannot be validated and the information cannot be accessed/spnadmin

See What's in your tummy O eat pork

you will feel nauseous

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
star ji

Do I need to run through a list of dangers for each type of meat or fish we eat? Let's be clear about food.

ALL FOOD IS DANGEROUS IF IT IS NOT STORED UNDER PROPER TEMPERATURES, KEPT IN A SANITARY CONDITION PRIOR TO EATING, AND COOKED FOR A SUITABLE LENGTH OF TIME AT THE APPROPRIATE TEMPERATURE. PORK IS NOT EXCEPTIONAL.

Raw vegetables - Surprise! - are at the top of the list of foods forbidden to patients on chemotherapy. Chemotherapy destroys the bodies ability to fight infection for a period of time because it destroys white blood cells.

Forbidden then are any salad greens sold as "prewashed" in plastic bags, salad bars where strangers finger food and sneeze over it, unwashed vegetables of any kind, and vegetables that are not cooked thoroughly. That's right! Raw vegetable dips are off the list.

BTW so are dates! Even if Mohamed tells us to eat them. Dates are handled by unwashed hands and dried, then transported over long distances and eaten long after they are plucked from their trees. Before they are packaged for sale overseas, they are often sold in bulk in open-air markets under the hot sun. Thus dates are crawling with bacteria. Patients on chemotherapy are cautioned not to eat dates. Dried, uncooked dates are haram.

I don't know where this thread should be posted. Certainly not Health and Nutrition because you are not being sensible.

There is no reason why anyone should respect the teachings of any religion that absurdly claim that this or that prophet knew something before science knew it. Or that scientists ignored.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Pork Shapes Up as New “Superfood”
Chicken breasts may be good for you, notes the August 2007 edition of SHAPE Magazine, but pork tenderloin is just as good for your health and your weight—minus the yawn factor.
“This new ‘Smart Eating 101’ article in SHAPE is a terrific placement for pork,” says Ceci Snyder, assistant vice president of consumer marketing for the National Pork Board. “It’s terrific that our Check-off funded research with USDA has been featured in this national magazine that’s squarely aimed at our target audience of women ages 25-44.”
It’s out with the old and in with the new, as pork tenderloin replaced chicken breast on SHAPE’s list of top eight “superfoods” that can bring excitement to healthy meals.
“Still haven’t embraced ‘the other white meat?’” asks the article. “Consider this: On average, pork today contains 40 percent less artery-clogging saturated fat and 24 percent less fat overall than the pork of 15 years ago, reports a USDA study that examined nine different cuts. The leanest variety? Pork tenderloin, which rivals even skinless chicken breast in terms of calories and fat.”
The article also included a serving tip and recipe for glazed pork tenderloin, along with ideas on how to use leftovers.

“The Pork Information Bureau pitched this story idea back in 2006, so it can take awhile for an article like this to appear in a national magazine,” Snyder notes. “It’s one more example of how our Pork Checkoff investment continues to promote terrific coverage for the ‘pork is leaner’ message.”

in the interests of balance,

www.pork.org

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ishna ji

I actually did delete this thread. Later I revived it because I felt that some readers may benefit from clarification around myths that circulate on the Internet in a variety of places, about food and godology. Sometimes SPN is the only place where myth-busting happens. When things get too drawn out I may close a thread or ban a member, regardless of food partisanship or religious affiliation. Often the 2 are intertwined. However, I do appreciate your expression of frustration which is loud and clear. There is another bandwidth out there who need to know that their every religious inkling has nothing to do with anything and makes a whole bunch of people very irritated. I suspect they will keep on posting however because a fanatic always stands by his principles and is never convinced by appeals to reason or reasonableness. Standards of belief are everything to them and they don't care who is annoyed.

Jul 18, 2007
London
Well there is one guy who wished we completely believed in the myth...

Porky_Pig.gif

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
I don't understand the opposition to these threads. The guy is just posting information to do with his religion which he thinks is interesting. 'Did you know that pork is bad for you?' is hardly the same as 'cleanse your souls from Shaytan NOW! REPENT your sins and submit to ISLAM!'. There have been a few of the latter sort of thread in the recent past, but I don't think this is one of them.

It may be a bit off-topic, but it's not proselytising IMO.

Annnyyyway, here's my opinion on pork:
The Jews and Muslims have the right idea, we shouldn't eat it. But not because it's 'impure' or dirty or something, or because of supposed health effects. I'm against pork because the pig is one of the most intelligent, clean and friendly animals there is. Pigs are more intelligent than dogs, cats, some monkeys and even human babies. In the wild they are meticulously clean as well. The whole 'gluttonous beasts rolling in mud and filth' thing is an incorrect stereotype invented by humans, in nature pigs never live in their own faeces or eat rubbish. It is wrong to keep such animals in the appalling conditions that humans keep them in.

Jul 25, 2013
AngloSikh Ji

I'm sure I'm missing something here but are you saying if the animal in question were somewhat dumber or less clean, slaughtering it would have been okay (for you)?? and one more thing, I would be grateful if you direct me towards some of the sources/references to the research proving this intelligence of pigs (besides those propagated by vegan/vegetarian/religious sites)...

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
AngloSikh Ji

I'm sure I'm missing something here but are you saying if the animal in question were somewhat dumber or less clean, slaughtering it would have been okay (for you)?? and one more thing, I would be grateful if you direct me towards some of the sources/references to the research proving this intelligence of pigs (besides those propagated by vegan/vegetarian/religious sites)...

Thanks!
It's not about the slaughter really, it's the horrible state of pigs in captivity. Intelligent animals have a greater ability to feel suffering than simpler ones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/10/science/10angier.html
Article about pigs and their merits.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
It's not about the slaughter really, it's the horrible state of pigs in captivity. Intelligent animals have a greater ability to feel suffering than simpler ones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/10/science/10angier.html
Article about pigs and their merits.

Sorry but this intelligent animal logic doesn't go down well with me. The suffering of a bull or turkey is as painful as that of a pig for me. Other animals aren't treated better than pigs in slaughterhouses either.

choochoochan

SPNer
Nov 4, 2013
There is nothing, anywhere which says why pork is not allowed for Jews, Christians (YES) and Muslims. I had pork before and it was ok. The good bits tasted like chicken. BUT MY FAVOURITE WAS BACON.

I think it was outlawed because the anatomy of the pig is somewhat similar to that of humans.

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Sat Sri Akal, family,
I recently had occasion to watch a movie/documentary called "Earthlings". It's available on Amazon.
I'm a pretty tough guy, and I've seen horrible things in my life. I watched maybe 2/3 of this film before I had to ask my hosts to turn it off; I was shaken to my very heart to watch this thing, and I lost sleep afterwards.
It is quite simply a documentary exploring man's interactions with the animal kingdom and it is unsparing. If anyone chooses to see this film, steel yourself; it is absolutely horrifying. And yet, as children of Sat Naam, we ought to always be ready to see and learn truth.
My request would be, if any Sikh watches this, where would we see ourselves, as spiritual warriors, in this equation; where would we stand in our relationship with our animal family? To witness the mercilessness, and really the lowness, above all, of the people in these scenes, is jarring, sobering, horrifying.
May the Lord of Mercy guide and bless us all.

Page 275, Line 9

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਦਇਆਲ

Forever, forever and ever, He is Merciful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 25, 2013
Brother Onam Ji

By the human misdeeds logic, some of the most horrifying scenes for me have been those of deforestation, slash and burn agriculture, large-scale plantations...If we take a look around, man's interaction with plant kingdom is no better!! Seeing all those natural forests disappearing to give way to commercial crops and concrete labyrinths just befuddles me!! How can we, as Sikhs, ever witness these egregious acts meted out to the beloved innocent plants?? :omgg:

Ang 223

ਜੋਗੀ ਕਉ ਕੈਸਾ ਡਰੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
What fear does the Yogi have?
ਰੂਖਿ ਬਿਰਖਿ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The Lord is among the trees and the plants, within the household and outside as well. ||1||Pause||

And for some reason, I find this shabad too intriguing (and relevant):

Ang 1171
ਸੁਆਮੀ ਪੰਡਿਤਾ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਦੇਹੁ ਮਤੀ ॥
O Master Pandit, teach me about this.
ਕਿਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਪਾਵਉ ਪ੍ਰਾਨਪਤੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
How can I obtain the Lord of life? ||1||Pause||
ਭੀਤਰਿ ਅਗਨਿ ਬਨਾਸਪਤਿ ਮਉਲੀ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਪੰਡੈ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
There is fire within the plants which bloom; the ocean is tied into a bundle.
ਚੰਦੁ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਦੁਇ ਘਰ ਹੀ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਐਸਾ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥
The sun and the moon dwell in the same home in the sky. You have not obtained this knowledge. ||2||
ਰਾਮ ਰਵੰਤਾ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਇਕ ਮਾਈ ਭੋਗੁ ਕਰੇਇ ॥
One who knows the All-pervading Lord, eats up the one mother - Maya.
ਤਾ ਕੇ ਲਖਣ ਜਾਣੀਅਹਿ ਖਿਮਾ ਧਨੁ ਸੰਗ੍ਰਹੇਇ ॥੩॥
Know that the sign of such a person is that he gathers the wealth of compassion. ||3||
ਕਹਿਆ ਸੁਣਹਿ ਨ ਖਾਇਆ ਮਾਨਹਿ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਹੀ ਸੇਤੀ ਵਾਸਾ ॥
The mind lives with those who do not listen, and do not admit what they eat.
ਪ੍ਰਣਵਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਦਾਸਨਿ ਦਾਸਾ ਖਿਨੁ ਤੋਲਾ ਖਿਨੁ ਮਾਸਾ ॥੪॥੩॥੧੧॥
Prays Nanak, the slave of the Lord's slave: one instant the mind is huge, and the next instant, it is tiny. ||4||3||11||

Thanks

Last edited:

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Babandeep ji,
Thank you for the wonderful scripture. You're right of course; our general contempt of the forests is just terrible. When I was younger, the destruction of the Amazon forest -the greatest remaining forest on our planet- was much in the news, and many were rallying to raise consciousness of its unestimable value to the planet's health. I'd assumed that with all this publicity and the general awareness of the terrible scope of its deforestation, that things were probably being brought under control.
In actual fact, though, I'm learning that in the last 7-8 years, the destruction of this irreplacable treasure has in fact reached its peak, and is increasing year by year, so that this year has been the most destructive on record.
About 210.000 acres are lost every single day, in these times.
It's all connected, of course, because the better part of this destruction is being done to create grazing land for cattle, so as to supply the insatiable hunger for beef in the 'developed' world.
So, my brother, it really comes down to the heart of the matter. Beyond our relationship to animals or plants, or rivers, or mountains, it is a matter of sacredness.
When we recognize the sacredness of this blessed Creation, we cherish it, in all our doings. When we lose the recognition of the sacred, it opens up every manner of abuse and depredation, which we witness all around in these wayward times.
My wish, and my prayer, would be that in the Sikh sangat, we would be, as your great scriptural quotes reflect, ever conscious of the sacredness, and ever warriors for the environment in which dwells Har Har imminantly; militant defenders of this planet. :happysingh:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
There is nothing, anywhere which says why pork is not allowed for Jews, Christians (YES) and Muslims. I had pork before and it was ok. The good bits tasted like chicken. BUT MY FAVOURITE WAS BACON.

I think it was outlawed because the anatomy of the pig is somewhat similar to that of humans.

You may be hitting the nail on its head....maybe soemone "high up" whispered to his prophets....this secret...of just HOW ADAM and Eve came to be...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-Extraordinary-claim-American-geneticist.html

star

Banned
Nov 20, 2013
Deleted video - which is a pitch for Islam

There is no difference between deep freezing and normal cooking.
Result is the same

This is the main reason for the prohibition of pork in the three monotheistic religions

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them

Deleted video which is a pitch for Islam

Do not post any more pro-Islam videos. We are not here to provide a free-platform for other faiths, Islam or otherwise. Debate and discuss issues in a way that reflects the purpose of inter-faith forums here at SPN. Find a Muslim forum if you have a different plan. Thanks spnadmin

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: