Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Do You Think These Videos are Funny?

Discussion in 'Opinion Polls' started by spnadmin, May 28, 2010.

Tags:
?

Do you think these videos are funny?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other - Please tell us us about your reaction.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

#1 spnadmin, May 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  2. Loading...

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

not "funny" per se..but seemed right out of "Jatt World"..and similar forums..eeringly REAL !! mirrors the situation am:stirpot:eek:ng punjabis in Canada...gangs and all...

• Like Like x 2
  4. ac_marshall

ac_marshall
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I have been an opponent of all forms of disgracing a community in media be it Sikh, Tamil, Irish, etc and shall continue my opposition till my last breath. This is also one such act that I shall oppose. I still don't understand why does this negative idea of deriving false fun out of mocking other communities still exist in a civilized world.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Roop Kaur

Roop Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

That was just disgusting ... I did not find that funny - not even the slightest.

• Like Like x 3
  6. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

My own opinion - It not funny. What value does it have? The people who need to learn from these videos would not see anything wrong. They would approve. As Gyani ji says, this is the kind of discussion found on many forums. The phrases could be lifted right from the page. There is a discussion like this one going on in facebook right now. Utterly incredible.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Anybody can make these movies using the software as advertised.
    Looks like some 'punk' did it. A teenager perhaps.

Bottom line is, this isn't at all funny but disgusting. There are many Pakistani created videos dubbed as well which use dirty language in Punjabi because it makes one laugh. But this one is targeting the Punjabi people in particular, making fun of their tradition and culture, therefore I will mark this type as morally degrading. Nobody welcomes such remarks. As I said, some teenager got a kick out of this mischievous deed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

I'm afraid that I will represent a minority opinion. I must be honest here. The first time I saw them, I laughed until tears ran down my cheeks. I totally recognised the foul-mouthed gangsta and the well-meaning but naive young lady. It was laughter of recognition of the situation and appreciation at seeing this honestly depicted. They both seem to like real members of our community except---

This is totally toned down! The gangsta would be screaming and very threatening and suggesting acts both physically impossible and much more obscene than anything in these videos. :blushh:

I have stopped laughing now; this type of video, funny or not, is damaging to our reputation. Do we want others to see this underbelly, creepy-dirty side of our community? Of course not! The answer, however, is not censorship, but housecleaning. We need to clean up, not sweep the dirt under the carpet.
    :thinkingkudi:

So let us be tough, strong Sikhs, face the problem and solve it, so if something like this is made, we can counter with a truthful, "That just isn't true.":coolkudi:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

YES..thats why its GOOD that SPN has posted these videos....we need to recognise and identify the problem..not sweep it under the carpet...until it bulges high or carry on "vacuuming"....until the overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag BURSTS and spews the disgusting stuff all over again...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

I am surprised that these "dubbed punjabi movies" are officially shown on Starlite Satellite TV stations....they take an authentic Hollywood movie and dub it in Punjabi which has no connection with the original dialogue at all...just nonsense Punjabi that is soemtiems funny and most times vulgar..how they get around the copyright is beyond me..i used to think they were only on Utube...as private productions..but apparently not..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

I have quite a large supply of vacuum bags that I would be happy to donate to the cause. This sort of stuff needs to be taken care of, however long we need to keep going, however many bags it takes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Serenacorbat

Serenacorbat
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Not funny at all and was disgusting.These videos are responsible to reduce our reputation.:angrykudi: