• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do You Find This Sikh Joke Funny?

Do you find this Sikh Joke funny?

• Yes

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Other (must reply)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
LMAO!!!! :rofl!!:
Couldn't stop laughing. That parody is funny all the way through!!

Done my 12 pack Abdominal workout for the day...

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
While we're at it, has everybody seen this classic?

<object height="525" width="660">

<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/pnwHBYZsdl0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="525" width="660"></object>

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

On reflection,

There could be something to this idea of an A1 Shopping Cart School that fulfills all you shopping cart needs, full service. The testimonial at the end did it for me. I am with it.

Mai ji
Who was the red hair with ponytails?????

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Gyani ji

On reflection,

There could be something to this idea of an A1 Shopping Cart School that fulfills all you shopping cart needs, full service. The testimonial at the end did it for me. I am with it.

Mai ji
Who was the red hair with ponytails?????

I don't know her name, but she's really from Kashmir masquerading as a Punjabi. Some Kashmiris have red hair. Quite a few, like Mani and his mata ji (she is from Kashmir) also have green or even blue eyes. :geekkaur:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
:ditto:

:comfort_:

ok, last one,

A blonde walks up to a river with no bridge, she sees another blonde on the opposite side, so she calls out "HOW do you get to the other side of the river?" the other blonde answers "you are on the other side of the river!"
:aHi5:
Even though the basis for blonde jokes is stupidity. I can't help but admit that some of these show Blondes as witty characters (same with Sardarji ones)! I mean what she said is true, isn't it? Yet we would never think of it like that.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Even though the basis for blonde jokes is stupidity. I can't help but admit that some of these show Blondes as witty characters (same with Sardarji ones)! I mean what she said is true, isn't it? Yet we would never think of it like that.

I must admit that this one:

A blonde walks up to a river with no bridge, she sees another blonde on the opposite side, so she calls out "HOW do you get to the other side of the river?" the other blonde answers "you are on the other side of the river!"

reads like a Zen koan. Perhaps it should be added to that list.:veryhappymunda:

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
YES funny. Do not mix fun with religion . It is not derogatory at all. Just PURE fun. If you make bad caricature/ naked caricatures/ foul language, I can agree but this one is not bad at all. No question of disguising etc.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I must admit that this one:

reads like a Zen koan. Perhaps it should be added to that list.:veryhappymunda:

I have decided not to resist:

A Zen monk walks up to a river with no bridge, he sees another Zen monk on the opposite side, so he calls out "HOW do you get to the other side of the river?" the other monk answers "you are on the other side of the river!"

It works!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I have decided not to resist:

A Zen monk walks up to a river with no bridge, he sees another Zen monk on the opposite side, so he calls out "HOW do you get to the other side of the river?" the other monk answers "you are on the other side of the river!"

It works!

Mai ji and Tejwant ji

There is a zen ring to that joke. This is not a joke, but it has the same cadence and in an eerie way communicates the same message about "point of view."

One day while the zen monk Tanzan and a young monk were travelling, they happened upon a beautiful young lady in distress.

Tanzan says, “Here let me carry you across.”

On the other side, she thanks them and says goodbye. The two monks continued on their journey for more than half a day. The young monk is troubled.

“I thought we monks were supposed to avoid women. Why did you just do that?”

“Huh? Oh, you mean that woman way back there? I put her down long ago. Are you still carrying her?”

And Zen monks give you permission to laugh. In fact they expect it.

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Sikhs are known to be cheerful, always ready for hearty guffaw at their own expense. This I think flows from the concept of chardian kalan. Many jokes flow from this happy go lucky behavior. But at some time the jokes generated to demeaning form suggesting them to be a stupid people.
Similarly "Bara Baje" started from the time when Nihangs would would raid Moghul harems in the dead of night to rescue Hindu and Sikh women held captive. So a noble campaign degenerated to show that Sikhs lose their cool at 12 O'clock whether in the day or night!

I have a couple of "jokes" which do not show Sikhs in demeaning light but have tinge of bawdiness. I hope Narayanjot ji will not delete them.

1. Banta Singh was standing in a queue at a bus stop in Lajpat Nagar in Delhi. Ahead of him was a rather good looking girl in tight attire. When the bus came, the girl could not climb into the bus because of the tight skirt. She looked coyly at the conductor and said she needed to adjust her dress. So she put her hand to the where the zip was and tried to loosen a bit. Notthing happened. So she tried once more but still nothing. Then Banta just lifted her and without much ado hoisted her into the bus.
The girl went ballistic and said "How dare you touch me, I do not even know you!"

Banta replied "Listen Kudiye, I had no other option, you were pulling down my zipper!"

After moderators' discussion, this joke was also deleted belatedly. Apologies, Narayanjot Kaur

Last edited by a moderator:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sikhs are known to be cheerful, always ready for hearty guffaw at their own expense. This I think flows from the concept of chardian kalan. Many jokes flow from this happy go lucky behavior. But at some time the jokes generated to demeaning form suggesting them to be a stupid people.
Similarly "Bara Baje" started from the time when Nihangs would would raid Moghul harems in the dead of night to rescue Hindu and Sikh women held captive. So a noble campaign degenerated to show that Sikhs lose their cool at 12 O'clock whether in the day or night!

I have a couple of "jokes" which do not show Sikhs in demeaning light but have tinge of bawdiness. I hope Narayanjot ji will not delete them.

1. Banta Singh was standing in a queue at a bus stop in Lajpat Nagar in Delhi. Ahead of him was a rather good looking girl in tight attire. When the bus came, the girl could not climb into the bus because of the tight skirt. She looked coyly at the conductor and said she needed to adjust her dress. So she put her hand to the where the zip was and tried to loosen a bit. Notthing happened. So she tried once more but still nothing. Then Banta just lifted her and without much ado hoisted her into the bus.
The girl went ballistic and said "How dare you touch me, I do not even know you!"

Banta replied "Listen Kudiye, I had no other option, you were pulling down my zipper!"

After moderators' discussion, this joke was also deleted belatedly. Apologies, Narayanjot Kaur

Those are not funny; they are hilarious! I, too, hope our good Narayanjot ji does not delete them.

These are jokes that really have nothing to do with Sikhs. Any two names could be inserted and they would be just as funny. And no one was being made fun of except the blonde in the first joke. (She was a blonde, right?):blinkingkaur:

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rajvir kaur ji

I did not get the second joke either. I got the first joke, but it left me cold for some reason. Thanks because I thought I was perhaps mentally challenged. Now I feel better.

Mai ji

Only the off-color joke was deleted.

Mar 5, 2010
New York City
I don't find any jokes that is connected to a culture or religion funny. Today it might start of as a joke but people tend to take jokes and turn them into perspectives of certain cultures or religion. If anyone says a word about your religion even if it is a joke, the one who laughs at it or ignores it....is the real Joke!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM