• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do You Believe In Reincarnation Or Transmigration?

Do you believe in reincarnation / transmigration?

• Yes, the soul starts as a lower life form and progresses up or down according to karma

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Yes, but rebirth not affected by karma

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Yes, but with other (or no) conditions

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No, I don't believe in reincarnation or transmigration

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Other (please detail in thread)

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
whats wrong with using the word God? when you say "the former is the name of a Diety"...that is what YOU think....that is what some others may thing...but that is NOT what EVERYONE thinks...the word God means whatever your mind can comprehend at any given moment in your spiritual journey towards God/Waheguru/Satnam'Ram/Allahs realization...

whether the interpretation used the Word God/Waheguru/ik ong kaar...the message is pretty much clear.

because no matter what word you use, none of use (apart from a few very blessed souls) will know what God/Waheguru/Ram/Allah/Satnaam/Ikongkaar/ is..

absoluteley nothing wrong using the term God.
He has no name, no form, no ego, no identity........
That's why you may praise him with as many names as possible, but the scribe will be endless because it will never end....
Yet, here we Tejwant ji teaching us that you are not sikh if you use the term God, because that is what other faiths mean as a deity !!
so "God" is trademarked with copyright for christians or non-sikhs ?

Does sikhi teach you to be prejudice or be anti-christian..anti-hindu ??

I really have no idea how some members call themselves sikh and claim to have faith in the one and only guru granth !

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
That's why you may praise him with as many names as possible, but the scribe will be endless because it will never end....
Yet, here we Tejwant ji teaching us that you are not sikh if you use the term God, because that is what other faiths mean as a deity !!

I really have no idea how some members call themselves sikh and claim to have faith in the one and only guru granth !

I think you are highly intelligent Luckyji, much more intelligent than me anyway, (actually that is not sarcasm, I am quite a base person), surely you can read between the lines and see where this is going, the protection of Sikhism from outside influences, the constant pushing that Akal Purakh does not have a huge beard and sandals and sit in judgement of everything offering divine forgiveness and salvation to all who bow before him.

It is important for readers of this forum, many of whom will be looking at Sikhism for the first time to be aware of this, we do not fear Akal Purakh, we do not try and please Akal Purakh through rituals and ceremony, it is different for us and we have a different relationship with Akal Purakh to the one that Hindus or Christians may have.

We all have a voice on the forum, there are those, like myself, Tejwantji, who resent the continued dilution of pure Sikh thinking with Vedic, Christian and Islamic philosophies, and there are those like yourself, Chazji, for whom everything is a melting pot and all roads lead to Rome. On this forum no one is right and wrong, everyone has a view, and a voice, and a place. Sure we can debate whether individually our own feelings are within Sikhi or not, and through these debates not only can we ourselves learn, but those reading can learn too.

Let us never stop debating my friends, but let us try and keep our own personalities out of it.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Lucky ji,

Guru Fateh.

Your post made me laugh, literally and I am serious about that and it was not to mock but to see your failure to grasp what I was trying to say and you are not the only one.

Let's start all over, once again.

Gurdwara used to be called Sikh Temple before but with the help of Sikhi awareness by many Sikhs, now people like PM's Cameron, Harper call it Gurdwara. Both did it in their message of Vaisakhi and later on PM Harper said the same during his visit to a Gurdwara in Vancouver with PM Modi.

Even President Obama called it a Gurdwara.

You would notice that I did not use the term 'Sikh Gurdwara' because Gurdwara is the 'place of worship' for Sikhs.

What Harry ji and I are trying to do is to get rid of Abrahamic mentality crept into Sikhi by the original translators who were Christian Missionaries that saw SGGS, our only Guru as our Bible, hence the biblical slant in the translations. This Abrahamic invasion continued from the Sikh Chelas of these translators. It is so much ingrained in us that SGPC officially recommends the translation by Sant Singh Khalsa who is a convert from the Judeo/Christian extraction and has penned the worst ever translations that most of the people copy and post here to prove their point and thought process. Hence, the Abrahamisation of our Only Guru continues, sad to say.

If Sikhi is a unique way of life to all of us who are Sikhs as it is, then isn't it our duty to change all the Abrahamised translations into Sikhi?

Yes, it is our duty and responsibility to take out the terms like God and Lord to define Ik Ong Kaar because the former defines a deity and the latter a deity and a man with a few more quids who can buy it and call himself Lord which is also used as a deity.

As Nirvana and Gurdwara have become the lexica of the cultures where ever the Sikhs reside, so should and will Ik Ong Kaar to explain The Source of All There IS. In fact I wrote about the usage of the latter- Lord as Ik Ong Kaar many years ago. The thread can be found here on SPN.

For the record, I have never accused any Sikh ever of not being a Sikh as someone implied quite emphatically in his post, but I always said it is NOT Sikhi.

As the old saying goes," People who live in the glass houses should not change their clothes with the lights on". :)

Let's discuss subjects not people.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM