• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do You Believe In Divine Intervention?

Do You Believe In Divine Intervention?

• Yes, explain why?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, explain why not?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, i have no idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Easy. If you see someone wielding a weapon at your front door, do NOT open the door!!!! You can yell "go away the police are on their way" while you happen to be dealing 911.
lol..yeah, right ! only if you have x-ray vision to see through the closed door, but sadly, Sikhilove didn't I'm afraid.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
lol..yeah, right ! only if you have x-ray vision to see through the closed door, but sadly, Sikhilove didn't I'm afraid.

Every door has a peep hole. But even if I did open without looking, I'd immediately slam it back in someone's face if I saw they had a weapon! They would not have the chance to demand anything. That's just my split second reaction!

Anyway my point is if you are in a situation like that you can still manage without lying. Just divert / don't answer the question.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
H
What will it be, milkshake or a gold medal ? You've scored 100% plus in the poll conducted at the head of the page. Well done mate !

Mind you, the census uses quite a prolific and highly leading question, "do you believe in divine intervention ?" Staggering result, wicked if you ask me. Clearly confirms Sikhism's belief in God and grounds SPN to an ideological choreography, don't you think !

Thank you baba Harry Jee - Goodnight !

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Every door has a peep hole. But even if I did open without looking, I'd immediately slam it back in someone's face if I saw they had a weapon! They would not have the chance to demand anything. That's just my split second reaction!

Anyway my point is if you are in a situation like that you can still manage without lying. Just divert / don't answer the question.

Well I hate to be pedantic, but my door does not have a peep hole, it is a solid wood door plated with steel, Harkiranji, the question is about the truth, if everyone answered every question with a scenario where that situation never took place, which rather negates the point, we could be here some time..but then I guess you want your arguments iron clad, I can respect that.

Allow me to give you another scenario before you reply, I just need to think of a good one.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
..really ? How might you explain this:

Once upon a time, in a quite cul-de sac street, a disgruntled neighbour who'd fallen out with Sacha Singh over a boundary wall dispute turns up at his front door wielding a machete and threatening to kill him. Mr Sacha Singh's daughter Sikhilove opens the door and finds the neighbour burning with rage and fury. Renting and raving, wielding the machete from side to side the neighbour shouts at the top of his voice, "where is your dad" ? Whilst all the commotion is at the front door, Sacha Singh is in the back annexe, relaxing after a hard day's work, oblivious to it all.

What must Sikhilove do ? If she speaks the truth her father gets killed and if she lies, she breaks the promise made with her father never to lie ?

Your call !

Well I could keep quiet Lol.

The point is that if we don't speak the Truth, how can we ever actually believe ourselves or believe in ourselves. How can we ever really apply the Truth Gyan if we lie?

Speaking the Truth makes you more strong willed and makes you a person of your word.

Speaking the Truth, you stop deluding others and yourself. Our Gurus were prime examples of Truth speakers

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

The point is that if we don't speak the Truth, how can we ever actually believe ourselves or believe in ourselves. How can we ever really apply the Truth Gyan if we lie?

Speaking the Truth makes you more strong willed and makes you a person of your word.

Speaking the Truth, you stop deluding others and yourself. Our Gurus were prime examples of Truth speakers

Bhenji, I have started a new thread to debate this, let us get back to topic

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
..keeping quite might do the trick on the proviso the girl is either deaf or dumb, but lol will definitely add fuel to the fire and it'll be your head instead of your father's.
..read up on the 7 blind men and the elephant. The moral being, although, the blind men were wrong in what they spoke individually, but yet the sum total of their deliberations were true on the whole. And, that my dear is truth.

On a philosophical level [Sikhi] this here and now is "kordh" [ਕੂੜੈ = lie, illusion] and the only truth is nam, hence, satnam.

Question: What will the horse eat if he were to befriend the grass ?
..correct ! And loved by all, if you were to exercise bit of caution on your BS usage, ha !
Speaking the Truth, you stop deluding others and yourself.
What is the truth of the Moon suspended in space and that reflected in the waters of Planet Earth ?
Are they both not true Moons ?

More another time -

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
..keeping quite might do the trick on the proviso the girl is either deaf or dumb, but lol will definitely add fuel to the fire and it'll be your head instead of your father's.

..read up on the 7 blind men and the elephant. The moral being, although, the blind men were wrong in what they spoke individually, but yet the sum total of their deliberations were true on the whole. And, that my dear is truth.

On a philosophical level [Sikhi] this here and now is "kordh" [ਕੂੜੈ = lie, illusion] and the only truth is nam, hence, satnam.

..correct ! And loved by all, if you were to exercise bit of caution on your BS usage, ha !

What is the truth of the Moon suspended in space and that reflected in the waters of Planet Earth ?

More another time -
I

More another time -

Lol true, but that's what makes a truth speaker Strong willed, no matter the consequences, we never budge from Truth. And there's always self defence that can be learned and Sikhilove should be able to fight till the end like Mai Bhago.

I agree with the blind men story. The Truth is that everything's an illusion and just a projection of he Whole (the Nothingness/Truth)

But Truthful living entails that we remain good souls, if you're manager asks you why you took a day off work, tell the truth, If your spouse asks why you didn't answer their phone call, tell the truth.

In following Gurbani we raise our frequency and the white light of shines forth. We need more of it in this age.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
i speak truth most of the time, may be once in a while I lie unknowingly. now I will tell you the effect. Most of the polished people call me a radical. Occasionally I have been called to mediate. When I say the truth i have been even threatened with violence. I think I am an odd man in my circle. If i join a different circle then it will be the same thing again because truth is bitter and many people do not want to communicate with you. that is what I learned during my entire long life but it gives peace of mind to me that I did what my conscious demands. Next Inder jit said how do I know if i am speaking the truth. You conscious demands answer especially when going to bed. if you spoke the truth you feel peaceful and go to sleep easily. If you lied during the day, then the soul bothers you and it becomes difficult to sleep. easy test
ful living without speaking truth. easy test

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
i speak truth most of the time, may be once in a while I lie unknowingly. now I will tell you the effect. Most of the polished people call me a radical. Occasionally I have been called to mediate. When I say the truth i have been even threatened with violence. I think I am an odd man in my circle. If i join a different circle then it will be the same thing again because truth is bitter and many people do not want to communicate with you. that is what I learned during my entire long life but it gives peace of mind to me that I did what my conscious demands. Next Inder jit said how do I know if i am speaking the truth. You conscious demands answer especially when going to bed. if you spoke the truth you feel peaceful and go to sleep easily. If you lied during the day, then the soul bothers you and it becomes difficult to sleep. easy test
ful living without speaking truth. easy test

Your post is good :)

One thing though is that Kalyug is pretty full of sociopaths-I.e, slanderers, backstabbers, thieves, murderers(not huge in number) etc, who sleep just fine at night. Someone once told me that an abuser(all of the above including slanderers) doesn't lose sleep over their misdeeds, but a victim does.

Sociopaths don't listen to their conscience. Liars don't either. If people listened to their hearts, they would realise that lying isn't in line with Truth.

The Gurus didn't so why should we.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
no body appeases anyone else but appeases himself. Baba says you eat what you earn not a shell more or less. this concept of worshiping God will bring good fortune is absurd. God does not open or close your account every day, but you do it. but if something good or bad happens we call it happened by my worshiping God or vice versa. God gave you once and wrote in your fate that is it. Some times it so happens that the result takes place when you worship God and think it so happened because I worshiped him or that is the tool the saints or story tellers use to rob others. There is a clause in divine system that is if some divine person become happy by your actions, then his or her soul (God) speaks and then some gifts are possible. If you cannot make the divine person happy he also cannot give you anything. remember there are not many divine persons but millions imitators such as preachers priests and so called saints and designated saints say they bless you to put his hand in your pocket.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Lol true, but that's what makes a truth speaker Strong willed, no matter the consequences, we never budge from Truth.
...I like it ! That's my gal --
And there's always self defence that can be learned and Sikhilove should be able to fight till the end like Mai Bhago.
..I don't know ! Sikhilove n Mai Bhaggo don't rhyme; Sikhilove n Waheguru does !
The Truth is that everything's an illusion
..you're not ! and if you think you are, then I must be nuts !
But Truthful living entails that we remain good souls,
....define good souls !
if you're manager asks you why you took a day off work, tell the truth,
..really ! what if one of your close friends gets you to drive her to the hospital to have an abortion and asks you not to tell anyone ?
white light
I like when you write clean, concise and Gursikh wisdom; it compliments your name. What do you know about the "white light" ?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Your post is good :)

One thing though is that Kalyug is pretty full of sociopaths-I.e, slanderers, backstabbers, thieves, murderers(not huge in number) etc, who sleep just fine at night. Someone once told me that an abuser(all of the above including slanderers) doesn't lose sleep over their misdeeds, but a victim does.

Sociopaths don't listen to their conscience. Liars don't either. If you tilt listen to your heart, people would realise that lying isn't in line with Truth.

The Gurus didn't so why should we.
...I like it ! That's my gal --

..I don't know ! Sikhilove n Mai Bhaggo don't rhyme; Sikhilove n Waheguru does !

..you're not ! and if you think you are, then I must be nuts !

....define good souls !

..really ! what if one of your close friends gets you to drive her to the hospital to have an abortion and asks you not to tell anyone ?

I like when you write clean, concise and Gursikh wisdom; it compliments your name. What do you know about the "white light" ?

Lol they don't rhyme it's true.

Well, my form is an illusion. Truth is a frequency with no image or form. But form is a projection of Truth so really everything's Truth. Beyond logic.

A good soul is a soul who applies truth principles to their lives, who doesn't lie, who doesn't try and hurt others maliciously, who doesn't slander etc.

Yes in reality there is no good or bad because All is just Him, but for real self discovery to occur, to detach properly from the khel, one should strive to be a good soul.

The age of Kalyug is a huge blessing for Bhagats because there is so much rubbish to detach from and so many fools to learn from- the fools teach us what not to do.

We're being pushed to detach in an all out strike against maya.

no body appeases anyone else but appeases himself. Baba says you eat what you earn not a shell more or less. this concept of worshiping God will bring good fortune is absurd. God does not open or close your account every day, but you do it. but if something good or bad happens we call it happened by my worshiping God or vice versa. God gave you once and wrote in your fate that is it. Some times it so happens that the result takes place when you worship God and think it so happened because I worshiped him or that is the tool the saints or story tellers use to rob others. There is a clause in divine system that is if some divine person become happy by your actions, then his or her soul (God) speaks and then some gifts are possible. If you cannot make the divine person happy he also cannot give you anything. remember there are not many divine persons but millions imitators such as preachers priests and so called saints and designated saints say they bless you to put his hand in your pocket.

Yes you're meant to support your own life honestly- work etc.

While living/ working, it's important not to react to maya or life events in maya, I.e the five thieves, and it's important to do bandgi etc.

Don't slander, don't backstab others, be true to yourself and all around you, even if the world tries to define you, stay loyal to who you really are (we're Him and He is us).

Keep your head on the ground and never lift it up, were just slaves to Truth, but we live in peace. Everyone else is a slave to maya.

When you're blessed with naam, tests will come and lessons will be given to you learn. Maya is a great teacher and her greatest lesson is making us lowest of the low.

Enjoy your life in humility, ego robs us of the blessing to be able to live and appreciate the blessing of life fully.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: