• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do We Have A Moral Duty To Bring Others To Our Faith?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
When I was younger I had a huge love of Amar Chitra Katha comics, especially the ones about sikhism. My absolute favourite was Banda Singh Bahadur ji. I have a vivid memory of a scene with the caption, 'Banda rode through towns and villages spreading Guru Gobind Singh ji's message', the scene depicted Bandaji on a white horse, whilst one of his sikhs read out the 'message', I remember at the time thinking, what was this message?

In the bubble caption was the 'message',

It went something like

If there is anyone who is in any trouble or grief, if you have any problems, with anything, let us know, and we will help, whether you are Hindu or Muslim, we are here to assist and help

I remember thinking at the time, thats not a message, I mean, what is so important about that message? Its hardly the answer to the meaning of life, and now, nearly 30 years later, I find that message encapsulates sikhi completely

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
hahaha very good point, whats the point of bringing more into sikhism, maybe we should concentrate on ridding our religion of the pointless abrahamic and verdic elements that have crept in. I have nothing against either religion, but if you want an abrahamic god, be a Christian, if you want a Hindu god, be a Hindu, if you can reconcile yourself to a force, an energy, knowledge and information, rather than ritual and jingles, be a sikh

sachbol

SPNer
Feb 12, 2010
hahaha very good point, whats the point of bringing more into sikhism, maybe we should concentrate on ridding our religion of the pointless abrahamic and verdic elements that have crept in. I have nothing against either religion, but if you want an abrahamic god, be a Christian, if you want a Hindu god, be a Hindu, if you can reconcile yourself to a force, an energy, knowledge and information, rather than ritual and jingles, be a sikh

Thanx Harry for elaborating my pointjapposatnamwaheguru:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: