• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The Sikh chaplin at Magill University in Montreal explained to an intefaith council about a year ago -- Heaven is on earth. Hell is on earth.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Yes, thye believe in Hell. HOWEVER, it is created by your own mind (an experience of your own mind, whenever reborn) and therefore, is not permanent. You only suffer as long as the sub conscious mind clings to the bad things you did, without clearing them up, or admitting to them.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
caroline ji,

Before we can understand the hell or heaven we have to understand what is experience and reaction.

Let me explain,

Do you agree that your mind (different from your real self) has deceived itself into believing that eternity is split into three main parts - past, present and future ?

My understanding, when mind doesn't have a stronghold on me, is that reality is always NOW. I can prove it to you, but the condition is that, the mind has to be passive (so that soul's light can be reached) before the understanding can be grasped.

Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti
caroline ji,

Before we can understand the hell or heaven we have to understand what is experience and reaction.

Let me explain,

Do you agree that your mind (different from your real self) has deceived itself into believing that eternity is split into three main parts - past, present and future ?

My understanding, when mind doesn't have a stronghold on me, is that reality is always NOW. I can prove it to you, but the condition is that, the mind has to be passive (so that soul's light can be reached) before the understanding can be grasped.

Black Elk said, "The journey is all there is."

It's not where we came from or where we think we are journeying to that is reality. The reality is the journey itself.

Kinda like that?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Yes. When we start unlearning the ways of the world, the journey takes us from a "dimmer soul/brighter mind" to a reversal state. The journey begins with observations that mind is really a different thing from our real core.

I haven't read this book but will someday when it is available in Malaysia.
Rise of the Soul preview

As a child I found myself crying over something and yet was able to see myself crying and this memory has lingered up to this day.

As an adult, when we're very emotional and cry our heart out, we can often see it as a drama before our ownselves.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
quite funny-

the guy keeps repeating "i am not going to tell you what is right or wrong"

but keeps praising what he thinks as right and ridicules what he thinks as wrong.

he makes so definitive comments on india and its politics, i bet he has never been to india though :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM