• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do Sikhs Believe In Angels?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
IF the Gurus were writing today...
i am sure they would be mentioning the Hollywood legends..the Bollywood legends...BUT that wouldnt necessarily mean they ENDORSE them. Just mentioning that Shah Rukh khan singlehandedly smashed 20 goondas on a film set doesnt mean that is TRUTH in real life...BUT one can MENTION such a FEAT..to INSPIRE many...to STAND UP TO INJUSTICE...TYRANNY....and FIGHT ON no matter what the ODDS. THAT si the REAL MESSAGE...we must be discerning enough to SEE what the GURUS want us to SEE.

1. Guru Ji mentioned the Bhagat Prehlaad "legend"..it was one of the most common..favorite among the populace...almost every child knew about it...so GURU Ji wrote that story to REINFORCE the TRUTH that The CREATOR does indeed "SAVE" His Bhagts....BUT to KEEP IN HIS HUKM...Hukm Razaai Challnna is also PARAMOUNT....and they PROVED THIS LESSON..BY SHOWING thta UNLIKE what happeend in the Prehlaad LEGEND...The CREATOR didnt BREAK his own LAWS...to come roaring out of the Tattee tavee on which Guru Arjun ji SAT....or FREEZE the FIRES under the Tatee tavi..or Smash the AARA that was cutting Bhai Mati Dass into TWO Halves....or Render the Sword Blade as soft as butter when it was whisked to cut off the Head of Guru Teg Bahdur Ji...or to make into DUST the Brick walls bricking up Zorawar Singh and fateh Singh alive.... NO SUCH THINGS HAPPENED !!! as that would be BREAKING HIS HUKM. Now the Question is did the CREATOR "SAVE" His Bhagts..Guru Arjun ji, Guru teg Bahadur Ji..Bhai Mati dass Ji.Chottah sahibzaddahs and many many hundreds of thosuands more ?? Remember Guru ji said HE DOES SAVE HIS BHAGATS ( as He supposedly did in prehlaads legend- BUT is Prehlaad still ALIVE TODAY ?? ) GURBANI IS RIGHT..He did save all...(but NOT in the way of the Legend..in the WAY of the GURUS...and the Sikhs who came in their Footsteps...Facing up to TYRANNY BRAVELY..alwasy in HIS HUKM...Living DEAD !! JEEWAN MUKT...a SIKH on the Hanging Platform...woudl be wasting his time..waiting for the Creator to jump out and cut his rope !! It DOESNT HAPPEN THAT WAY. OUR SIKH history is PROOF UNASSAILABLE...so we can SEE our GURUS sitting on the HOT PLATE..and LEARN..or we can "see" the harnaskh jumping out of the HOT PILLAR to save Prehlaad... I PREFER to SEE my Beloved GURU ARJUN JI sitting calmly declaring..Diosh na kahoon devohn..Tera Bhanna MEETHA laggeh..Naam padarth nanak manggeh..AND HOW CAN I BE LIKE THAT ??.....rather than sit on the edge of my seat so as to not "miss" when the Fires "FREEZE" or a Thunderstorm breaks and Rain pours down on the hot Plate !!!! oohs and aahs...BhaGtaan dee rakhdaa iayahhhhs...MY GURU JI is SUPREME..and he was RAKHIYA BY WAHEGURU....but not in a melodramataic way..but in REALITY...WHICH I TOO CAN DARE TO DREAM OF FOLLOWING..as I am HIS SIKH...well TAUGHT by HIM...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It is possible to voice disagreement without attacking the integrity of another member. The last post was removed. Please follow the forum rule. Debate issues not personalities.

greenjuice

SPNer
Jun 5, 2009
i am sure they would be mentioning the Hollywood legends..the Bollywood legends...
no, they wouldn't...

Var Bhagauti Ki
First and foremost I remember Bhauguti Ji (God) and then set my mind on Guru Nanak.
Then I seek the help of Guru Angad, Guru Amar Das and Guru Ram Das. Arjan, Hargobind and (Guru) Har Rai be remembered.
Sri Harkrishan be meditated upon whose mere glimpse removes all sorrows. (Guru) Tegh Bahadur be remembered as it causes the home to flourish.
They all help me at all times.
The Lord first created Khanda, the double edged sword and then his manifest world. Having created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, He created the entire play of Kudrat (manifest world).
He created the oceans, mountains, earth and sky which stands above, unsupported by any pillars.
He created both gods(deities) and demons and then created polemic.
It was You who created Durga so as to destroy the demons.
Rama also took strength from you to kill Ravan with his arrow.
Krishan also got strength from You and thus threw down Kansa by his hair.

and where does Gurbani say to interpret this as a fairy tale?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
In clear concise language Guru Sahib Ji states :

I do not seek the blessings of Ganesh,
I do not worship Krishna or Vishnu.
I do not recognise them.
I am engrossed in the loving devotion of my Lord alone.
The Lord of Death, Akal, is my refuge and He saves me is all tribulations.
(Krishan Avtar, 434)

May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

God never dies....Angels were humans....so it means there are no demons.. no devils...no souls....wandering around........so only this kudrat..whatever you see exists... No Vedas also...because Brahma is the writer of Vedas...No Krisha...no Ravan, No Harnakash...No Namdev..No Kabir...because even Kabir Ji said that -its not that Ram (Angel who killed Ravan)...its other Ram (GOD).....

Try reading all of this and the section where these "Gods" become victims of Kaal or Time. What kind of Gods actually die?

who is saying that these are Gods ? but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.....

How you will justify the powers Hindus gain through worship of these Angels....( I will not say them GOD because there is only one God, and these are angels (devtaas) ). I am repeating this third time that don't confuse that I am referring these Angles as God...but as far I know and saw...they exist...but they are not GOd....

Even Gyani Thakur Singh Ji confirmed in Jap Ji Sahib Viakhya that they exist...Suraj Prakash Granth ( in history of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji..) its written that Narad Muni appeared...one Saadu also confirmed that Narad Muni told him that Guru Nanak is a avtaar of Kalyug and will come to meet you....also its written that Guru Nanak Ji turned a Devil into Devtaa (angel).

you can easily say that we don't go with Suraj Prakash Granth...well its own perception...

In Sikhism we don't believe in them, which means, we don't worship them...we believe in Guru and our Guru Matr- Waheguru....

Chardi Kala....

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

God never dies....Angels were humans....so it means there are no demons.. no devils...no souls....wandering around........so only this kudrat..whatever you see exists... No Vedas also...because Brahma is the writer of Vedas...No Krisha...no Ravan, No Harnakash...No Namdev..No Kabir...because even Kabir Ji said that -its not that Ram (Angel who killed Ravan)...its other Ram (GOD).....

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but for me this is like 2+2=5.

who is saying that these are Gods ? but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.....

How you will justify the powers Hindus gain through worship of these Angels....( I will not say them GOD because there is only one God, and these are angels (devtaas) ). I am repeating this third time that don't confuse that I am referring these Angles as God...but as far I know and saw...they exist...but they are not GOd....

Even Gyani Thakur Singh Ji confirmed in Jap Ji Sahib Viakhya that they exist...Suraj Prakash Granth ( in history of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji..) its written that Narad Muni appeared...one Saadu also confirmed that Narad Muni told him that Guru Nanak is a avtaar of Kalyug and will come to meet you....also its written that Guru Nanak Ji turned a Devil into Devtaa (angel).

you can easily say that we don't go with Suraj Prakash Granth...well its own perception...

In Sikhism we don't believe in them, which means, we don't worship them...we believe in Guru and our Guru Matr- Waheguru....

Chardi Kala....

If they exist today they must be immortal, but in Dasam Granth Guru Gobind Singh in Akal Ustat clearly describes them as dieing.

Devtaas are imortal, so why do they die? Please explain?

May 28, 2009
That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but for me this is like 2+2=5.

If they exist today they must be immortal, but in Dasam Granth Guru Gobind Singh in Akal Ustat clearly describes them as dieing.

In my earlier replies I metioned that even Devtaas has to settle their accounts ...IMHO I have no where mentioned that they never die.... Its in Gyani Thakur Singh Ji's katha..mentioning how human beings become Devtaas...they are into the same cycle as humans.... I never ever claimed that they never die...or they are immortal.... but they do exist...

Chardi Kala...

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

In my earlier replies I metioned that even Devtaas has to settle their accounts ...IMHO I have no where mentioned that they never die.... Its in Gyani Thakur Singh Ji's katha..mentioning how human beings become Devtaas...they are into the same cycle as humans.... I never ever claimed that they never die...or they are immortal.... but they do exist...

Chardi Kala...

We will have to agree to disagree as I am not a follower of Gyani Thakur ji.;)

I really siggest you analyse and read Dasam Granth.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
And why ask...DO "SIKHS" Beleive....( in anything )
How does one categorise what or not SIKHS beleive in or not ??
The REHAT Maryada states..a SIKH beleives in the Creator, the Ten Gurus, SGGS.Period.

imho..it should be..DO I (or YOU) beleive/dont beleive in Angels..manna from heaven..demons charging out of hell..devil with two horns..King Arthur...and his roudn table ?? etc etc etc...and we can have fun...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

greenjuice

SPNer
Jun 5, 2009
I wonder if Robbie Williams has met them?

your constant turning of a conversation into a mockery is starting to get annoying..

Try reading all of this and the section where these "Gods" become victims of Kaal or Time. What kind of Gods actually die?

ah, yes, sorry that Gurbani doesn't use term according to your definitions of them. how about you can call them gods, demi-gods, devatas, angels..

why do they must be immortal, where did conclusion came from? you deduct conclusions that do not really have much to do with what the persons you're disscusing are saying, i don't see the point in that.

where does the Bani say that devatas don't exist? where does the Bani say that we are to interpret the Bani with stories about devatas as fairy tales? nowhere, maybe?

and you insist to much on your opinion, asamptions and interpratations, that sounds a little manmukhi, and more important, why should your opinion mater to anyone else..

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Greenjuice wrote:>>>and you insist to much on your opinion, asamptions and interpratations, that sounds a little manmukhi, and more important, why should your opinion mater to anyone else..<<<<<<

well..everyone has an "opinion"..everyone is entitled to one (0r two or as many as you want)..and no ones opinions really matter to anyone else....SPN is just a place to EXCHANGE OPINIONS...No one has a monopoly..copyright..sole proprietorship of any thing...each one of us just owns our own keyboard..NO ONE is obliged to read...reply...post...or accept any post..its all entirely voluntary...just use your KEYBOARDS DELETE KEY..or Press ENTER and proceed away from a Thread which annoys ..Thats what I DO and it works for me....no body can take away our KEYBOARD...except in the extreme cases when we use it to abuse others in unkind language...then we end up in purgatory....
No offense intended jios...just tryint o make spn a pleasant place for all...:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa...Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.........

I am a follower of only and only Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji....but I respect all religions...I don't want to differentiate just because of religion, race, or caste....... I have gained a little knowledge through Guru Nanak Ji history broadcasting live form Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib, Ludhiana, by Gyani Sarabjeet Singh ji....and through Katha of Jap Ji Sahib...well you may be right...I am not a Gyani like you all...who holds all knowledge... ..May Guru bless me with knowledge....thats only I want....

Chardi Kala..

May 28, 2009
English Shabad maybe?
ICECREAM.GIF

Kehan to pehlaan Maafi chavanga.but...Shabad in Sikhism means Gurbani....other than Shabad we have Kavita, Dhadi varaan, Saakhi...e.t.c...but when we say Shabad ..it automatically inferred by Sikhs as Gurbani.....Your reply might be read by many scholars of Sikhism visiting SPN... but no body dared to reply..... No wonder why other than Sikhs started making fun of Sikhi............

Chardi Kala....

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
your constant turning of a conversation into a mockery is starting to get annoying.. ..

You need to lighten. Maybe have an ice-cream. If you are getting annoyed and you wish to convey anger then SPN is not for you.

ah, yes, sorry that Gurbani doesn't use term according to your definitions of them. how about you can call them gods, demi-gods, devatas, angels.. ..

Just read Dasam Granth and make up your own mind. :rolleyes:

why do they must be immortal, where did conclusion came from? you deduct conclusions that do not really have much to do with what the persons you're disscusing are saying, i don't see the point in that.

Read Akal Ustat.

where does the Bani say that devatas don't exist? where does the Bani say that we are to interpret the Bani with stories about devatas as fairy tales? nowhere, maybe?

Read Dasam Granth and form your own conclusion. You are entitled to belief in multiple armed Gods.

greenjuice;103098[/FONT said:
and you insist to much on your opinion, asamptions and interpratations, that sounds a little manmukhi, and more important, why should your opinion mater to anyone else..

Now you are getting nasty. Stop that!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM