• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God?

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Sorry brother for the offense. I have edited my post.

I was referring to the position of historical Judaism regarding Abrahamic faith.

And Muslims believe that Jews , Christians , and Muslims the same God! Have you ever seen a Muslim guy opening a thread or posting like "Oh Christian worship devil-god blah"? While I can show you many Christian preachers , authors , televangelists talking about moon-god myth etc ... So it's Christians who always bring up these childish presumptions.

The main point of disagreement b/w Muslims and Christians is diety of Christ...not the God we worship.

Peace! :happymunda:

My dear brother Auzer kaurhug

Come here kaurhug

A beautifully-worded reply. I also take back what I said!

I agree with everything you say. Yes there are a lot of Christians, although I would exempt the Catholic Church from this (which at least in its official teachings even has Islam mentioned in the Catechism!), have very childish opinions of Islam. I have heard of the "moon-god" rubbish touted by some Evangelicals who have clearly made no attempt to actually understand Islam, or appreciate the "equal religious progress" of their Muslim brothers and sisters that Pope John Paul II spoke of. Such people though deserve our pity, since it is rather sad to have to resort to such depths to buck-up one's own religion.

Do you know that Muslims around the world read Suras from the Qur'an out of respect for Pope John Paul II when he passed away in 2005?

He demanded that this be put into the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."<SUP>330</SUP>

Peace out in the name of the One God peacesignkaur

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Problem occurs when 'Religion is combined with Politics/Raj Dharam'

Till both are separate, any country would live in harmony but if combined results will be disastrous.

NO JIOS...thats ultra vires the entire concept and premise of MIRI-PIRI concept of Sikh Dharma Gurmatt.

I am a bit surprised that you missed a quote attributed to GURU GOBIND SINGH JI...Raaj bina Na DHARAM challeh haein..Dharam Bina sabh Dhalleh malleh haein...... IF you notice the UNIQUE POSITION of the Darbar sahib harmandar vis a vis Akal Takhat you will notice that while ONE is visible form the other..its NOT quite true the other way around. That is by DESIGN.

1. Harmandar is the Seat of DHARAM...and the SGGS reigns SUPREME.
2. The Akal Takhat also has at its Position of Honour the SGGS
Parkash. This means the Akal Takhat is also the SEAT of AKAL
PURAKH - SGGS.
3. Commonly understood _ PIRI is in Harmandar and MIRI in Akal
Takhat. A CONCEPT brought into prominence by Guur Hargobind
Sahib Ji after the Martyrdom of Guru Arjun ji Sahib. Guur Hargobind
Sahib built the Akal takhat and SAT there as SACHA PATSHAH vs
the JHOOTHA Patsha of this world - jehangir at delhi.

4. Naturally because at the time of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji there were TWO distinct Forms of SHABAD GURU - on as SGGS and second as Human Guru. BUT after 1708 the Human Guru dehdharee LINE was ended by GUru Gobind Singh ji and the ONLY ONE Shabad GURU SGGS was bestowed Supreme Power in Gurmatt oriented Sikhi....with the PANJ Pyara led Khalsa Panth as Human GURU working UNDER the SGGS.

In GURMATT, the Politician of necessity has to be RELIGIOUS..Bound hand and foot by the Dharma Principles of honesty, brotherhood, love, universal ethics no fear or favour no corruption, no lying, no duplicity etc etc etc...That is IDEAL DHARAM RAAJ !!

But IF POLITICS overpowers Dharam...as has happened in PUNJAB..then the DIRTY POLITICIAN spreads his CANCER even inside the Akal takhat, Harmandar sahib, Gurdwaras/Takhats etc etc..sgpc etc are all INFECTED and highly DISEASED. SGGS is IGNORED completely. Human Orders issue form Akal Takhat becasue they emerge from Guarded closed ROOMS and Behind Locked doors and NOT in the Presence of SGGS in OPEN SANGAT. This means political HORSE TRADING and pay off like Golden Khandas lead to decisions visibly DISEASED...and smelling of TRASH.(Example of a SANT ( President of Sant samaaj no less !!) Caught red handed NAKED raping a lady, by HUNDRED VILLAGERS..whose testimony in OPEN COURT led to his conviction and sentencing to 10 years PRISON....however he received a CLEAN CHIT form Akal takhat FIVE sitting behind closed doors ????
DHARAM BINA SABH DHALLEH MALLHE HAEIN IN BEST FORM.
THRES WAY MORE "DHARAM" VIISBLE IN THE human judge WHO SAT IN OPEN COURT AND SENTENCED THE HOLY MAN TO 10 YEARS IN PRISON...THAN IN THE FIVE HOLY ONES WHO SAT ON THE HALLOWED SEAT OF GURU HARGOBIND SAHIB AND ????

any one who has studied a little basic science will know that..One NEVER ADDS WATER to ACID....one ALWAYS ADDS ACID TO WATER. PUT just ONE TINY DROP of WATER into a basin full of ACID..and DISASTER....BUT NOTHING Happens IF ACID by bucketful into a WELL full of water also NOTHING will happen...its the same way..DHARAMA added to POLITICS...and POLITICS added to DHARMA...two different scenarios !! One DROP of Politics to Dharma blows up.....Loads of Dharma added to POLITICS..TRANSFORMS politics into Dharma !! Just one "politician" entering into a Peaceful United sangat..can DESTROY it within a short time...and lead to 2 or three Groups....and Electioneering..poster wars..kirpans drawn..dastaars removed..blood flowing...and IF just one Totally Dharmic person becoms a member of a warring snagat..with Love and Dharma he can over time unite them...!!!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: