• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do All Religions Lead To God?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
True
Here's where iam coming from:
The topic is Do all religions lead to God?

Why should we go towards this God? What evidence is there for this thing anyway? Are we randomly leading ourselves nowhere through religion? :shutup:

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON IS THE GOAL OF ALL FAITHS

ABSTRACT

ਜੇ ਲੋੜਹਿ ਚੰਗਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਕਰਿ ਪੁੰਨਹੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਸਦਾਈਐ ॥

Je loṛėh cẖanga āpṇā kar punnhu nīcẖ saḏā▫ī▫ai.

If you yearn for goodness, then perform good deeds and feel humble.
Guru Nanak, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 465-16​

The tenets of all faiths in general are supposed to teach every one the principles for becoming a better person but they have become more involved in controlling the followers by institutionalizing their faith. While one is thinking about getting rid of his/her faults, flaws, and character defects, one should also be concentrating upon developing positive traits. Guru Nanak expresses his views in Raag Maru;

ਪਰਵਿਰਤੀ ਨਰਵਿਰਤਿ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਘਰੁ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਕਿਸ ਹੀ ਮੰਦਾ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਚਲੈ ਸਚਿ ਖਰਾ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੇ ॥

Parvirṯī narviraṯ pacẖẖāṇai.Gur kai sang sabaḏ gẖar jāṇai. Kis hī manḏā ākẖ na cẖalai sacẖ kẖarā sacẖi¬ārā hė.

One who realizes what he has to possess, and what he has to abandon, associating with the Guru, comes to know the Word of the Sabd, in his self. Those who do not call anyone bad in life are true and judged to be genuine by the True Akal Purkh. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Maru, AGGS, Page, 1027-11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After developing a positive attitude with an open mind, acknowledging one’s character defects and praying to “Akal Purkh” for their removal and subduing the lower instincts of lust, anger, greed, attachment, and vanity, one is ready for developing some positive traits. These traits are pre-requisites for the development of the virtues or higher instincts. There is a battle that goes on inside people. The battle is between two things;

1. Evil.

2. Good.

Evil is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
Good is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The question is which one wins?

“The one you feed”

To make positive traits as a second nature of you is to practice them says Ravidas;

ਕਹਿ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਖਲਾਸ ਚਮਾਰਾ ॥ ਜੋ ਹਮ ਸਹਰੀ ਸੁ ਮੀਤੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥

Kahi Raviḏās kẖalās cẖamārā. Jo ham sahrī so mīṯ hamārā.

Says Ravidas, the emancipated shoe-maker: whoever is a citizen there, is a friend of mine. -----Ravidas, Raag Gauri, AGGS, Page, 345-16

Other examples;

1. Smile at the check-out counter in the supermarket and others you come across each day.

2. Say “Good morning” to the bus driver or the people you encounter.

3. Don’t explode if your children muddy the carpet.

4. Greet your late arriving spouse with a joke rather than a nasty epithet (Egg head).

5. Try to judge you’re self rather than others says Guru Angad in Raag Majh;

ਨਾਨਕ ਪਰਖੇ ਆਪ ਕਉ ਤਾ ਪਾਰਖੁ ਜਾਣੁ ॥ ਰੋਗੁ ਦਾਰੂ ਦੋਵੈ ਬੁਝੈ ਤਾ ਵੈਦੁ ਸੁਜਾਣੁ ॥

Nānak parkẖė āp ka¬o ṯā pārakẖ jāṇ. Rog ḏārū ḏovai bujẖai ṯā vaiḏ sujāṇ.

O Nanak, if someone judges himself, only then is he known as a real judge. If someone understands both the disease and the medicine, only then is he a wise physician. -----Guru Angad, Raag Majh, AGGS, Page, 148-8

The more you try to be pleasant, humble, think positively rather than negatively, turn to humor instead of anger; it will make the behavior more natural and attractive. If you continue to act like a really honest, humble, and nice person, you will be one before you know it and will be surrounded by others in appreciation.

ਮਿਠਤੁ ਨੀਵੀ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਗੁਣ ਚੰਗਿਆਈਆ ਤਤੁ ॥

Miṯẖaṯ nīvī nānkā guṇ cẖang¬ā¬ī¬ā ṯaṯ.

Sweetness and humility, O Nanak, are the essence of virtues and goodness.-----Guru Nanak, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 470-13

One should take a personal inventory daily. The kind of honest tally of events and feelings allows you to analyze your actions after the emotions of the moment have subsided.

TIPS FOR TAKING DAILY INVENTORY

Ask your self the following questions as you look back on each day:

1. Did I have a plan for the day, and did I follow it?

2. With whom did I spend most of the time?

3. Did I take time to work on my spirituality?

4. Where did I spend most of the time?

5. What was the quality of the judgments I made?

6. Did any thing threaten my serenity today? What?

7. Did I feel my attitude toward humanity was constructive today?

8. Was I honest in all my dealings?

9. Have I been fair in all my interaction with the others?

10. Were there situations today, where I was wrong or unreasonable?

11. Did I make amends?

12. What good things happened? How did I react to them?

13. Did any bad things happen? What were they? How did I react?

14. What do I feel I have accomplished this day?

15. What would I have liked to do that I did not do? What would I have done differently?

REMEMBER THE FIVE RULES TO KEEP YOURSELF HAPPY

1. Free your heart from hatred.

2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less.

SHARING, GIVING, AND RECEIVING should be the motto. One cannot receive until and unless one gives. Guru Nanak in Raag Sarang advises on sharing your food with others earned by hard and honest labor.

ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥

Ghall Khaie Kich Hathun Day; Nanak Raah Pachaneh Say.

The person, who earns through hard work, and then gives away some in charity, has realized the true path of light. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Sarang, AGGS, Page, 1245-19

However Guru Arjan cautions in Raag Gauri about good deeds and pride;

ਅਹੰਬੁਧਿ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਵਨੇ ॥ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਬਾਲੂ ਨੀਰਿ ਬਹਾਵਨੇ ॥

Ahaʼn¬buḏẖ karam kamāvanė. Garih bālū nīr bahāvanė.

Good deeds done in the pride of ego are swept away, like the house of sand by water.-----Guru Arjan, Raag Gauri, AGGS, Page, 211-3

In short, banish pride, worldly love, and envy. Bear not ill-will toward the others, so others would not bear ill will towards you. Walk humbly and speak civilly to all.

ਭਾਉ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਨੀਚੁ ਸਦਾਏ॥ ਤਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਮੋਖੰਤਰ ਪਾਏ॥

Bhaou Bhagat Kar Neech Sada-ay, Taou Nanak Mokhantar Pa-ay.

Through loving devotional worship and by abiding in humility, O Nanak, salvation is attained. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 470-8

Guru Amardas ponders on trust in Raag Sarang;

ਪਰਾਈ ਅਮਾਣ ਕਿਉ ਰਖੀਐ ਦਿਤੀ ਹੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਗੁਰ ਥੈ ਟਿਕੈ ਹੋਰ ਥੈ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥

Parā¬ī amāṇ ki¬o rakẖī¬ai ḏiṯī hī sukẖ ho¬ė.Gur kā sabaḏ gur thai tikai hor thai pargat na ho¬ė.

Why keep what is held in trust for another? By giving it back, peace is found The Word of the Guru's Sabd rests in the Guru; it does not appear through anyone else. -----Guru Amardas, Raag Sarang, AGGS, Page, 1249-9

Guru Nanak in Raag Malar gives the examples about the association of the lower instincts obstructing the way of goodness;

ਰੂਪੈ ਕਾਮੈ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਭੁਖੈ ਸਾਦੈ ਗੰਢੁ ॥ ਲਬੈ ਮਾਲੈ ਘੁਲਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਮਿਚਲਿ ਊਂਘੈ ਸਉੜਿ ਪਲੰਘੁ ॥ ਭੰਉਕੈ ਕੋਪੁ ਖੁਆਰੁ ਹੋਇ ਫਕੜੁ ਪਿਟੇ ਅੰਧੁ ॥ ਚੁਪੈ ਚੰਗਾ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਮੁਹਿ ਗੰਧੁ ॥

Roopai Kaamai Dosti Bhukhai Saadai Gandh, Labai Maalai Ghul Mil Michal OoNghai Sa-urh Palangh, BhaNukai Kop Khu-aar Ho-ay Fakarh Pitay AnDh, Chupai Changa Nankaa Vin Naavai Muhi GanDh.

Beauty and sexual desire are friends just as hunger and tasty food are tied together. Greed motivates the search for wealth. One who is drowsy can sleep will use even a tiny space as his bed. Anger barks and brings ruin on oneself, if one is blindly pursuing useless conflicts. It is good to be silent. O Nanak, without the Name, one's mouth spews forth only filth. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Malar, AGGS, Page, 1288-13

Kabir cautions everyone not to override the warning of his conscience before doing any- thing in his Slokes:

ਕਬੀਰ ਮਨੁ ਜਾਨੈ ਸਭ ਬਾਤ ਜਾਨਤ ਹੀ ਅਉਗਨੁ ਕਰੈ ॥ਕਾਹੇ ਕੀ ਕੁਸਲਾਤ ਹਾਥਿ ਦੀਪੁ ਕੂਏ ਪਰੈ ॥

Kabīr man jānai sabẖ bāṯ jānaṯ hī a¬ugan karai.Kāhė kī kuslāṯ hāth ḏīp kū¬ė parai.

Kabir, the mortal knows everything, and knowing, he still makes mistakes. What good is a lamp in one’s hand, if he falls in to well? -----Kabir Sloke, 216, AGGS, Page, 1376

Conclusion:

There are three types of persons: those, who confess their own faults and mention the excellence of others, are the highest type. Those who highlight their own excellence and decry the faults of others are worse. Those, who parade their own faults as excellence and deride the excellence in others as faults, are the worst. People of the last type seem to rule the day in our time. Guru Nanak in Japji, Page, 2-13 leaves up to Akal Purkh’s Grace despite one’s efforts;

ਜੇ ਜੁਗ ਚਾਰੇ ਆਰਜਾ ਹੋਰ ਦਸੂਣੀ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਨਵਾ ਖੰਡਾ ਵਿਚਿ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਨਾਲਿ ਚਲੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਚੰਗਾ ਨਾਉ ਰਖਾਇ ਕੈ ਜਸੁ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਜਗਿ ਲੇਇ ॥ ਜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਆਵਈ ਤ ਵਾਤ ਨ ਪੁਛੈ ਕੇ ॥ ਕੀਟਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੀਟੁ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸੀ ਦੋਸੁ ਧਰੇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਰਗੁਣਿ ਗੁਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਗੁਣਵੰਤਿਆ ਗੁਣੁ ਦੇ ॥ ਤੇਹਾ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਸੁਝਈ ਜਿ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਕੋਇ ਕਰੇ ॥

Jė jug cẖārė ārjā hor ḏasūṇī ho­ė. Navā kẖanda vicẖ jāṇī­ai nāl cẖalai sabẖ ko­ė. Cẖanga nā­o rakẖā­ė kai jas kīraṯ jag lė­ė. Jė ṯis naḏar na āvī ṯa vāṯ na pucẖẖai kė. Kītā anḏar kīt kar ḏosī ḏos ḏẖarė. Nānak nirguṇ guṇ karė guṇvanṯi­ā guṇ ḏė. Ŧėhā ko­ė na sujẖ­ī je ṯis guṇ ko­ė karė.

Even if you could live throughout the four ages, or even ten times more, and even if you were known throughout the nine continents and followed by all, with a good name and reputation, with praise and fame throughout the world- still, if the Akal Purkh does not bless you with Its Glance of Grace, then who cares? What is the use? Among worms, you would be considered a lowly worm, and even contemptible sinners would hold you in contempt. O Nanak, God blesses the unworthy with virtue, and bestows virtue on the virtuous. No one can even imagine anyone who can bestow virtue upon God.

Virinder S.Grewal

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
All the Good jis who've commented so far.
While it is wrong, in my opnion, to say that, "All religions will lead you to God" it would be completely appropriate to say that, "God led his children to ALL Religions"!!!
To you, Gyani Jarnail Singh ji; you are right to be Proud ofthe Sikh Gurus - and for the reasons you stated; for while many teach 'tolerence', and espouse the idea that if a Faith is 'True' than there will be no need to 'convert' others to it, as that Very Truth will draw Good People to said Faith like a moth to a flame, very few have 'put their money where there mouths are' like the Sikh Gurus!
To you, Wanderer2369 ji, I say - you're Right! Martin Luther was the Best Thing to happen to Christianity since Nestorius! Though I do not believe in much of what Christianity teaches; especially the just plain wrong idea that 'sin' - or Bad Karma - can somehow be 'absolved', or the idea that Jesus did this by 'allowing himself to be killed' - as that act, in my opnion (see next paragraph to learn where I get them!), was an attempt by Jesus to demonstrate the FACT of Reincarnation, by comming back in the same body (just as our Clear Light/Soul/Atman does in a different body); I would have to agree that Protestantism is a close to the Dharma as any of them get - and it's because of a certain Mennonite Preacher friend, and his vitrioloc eviscerations of 'Evangelicism' and the 'Vulgate Bible', that I say this!

When I communed with Om/Brahma/Ahura Mazda/The Great White Spirit/The Clear Light Deity Entity that caused a white streak to appear in my hair ('It' does indeed have many names!), and it saw the doubt in my mind - which was a 'leftover' from my Catholic upbringing, despite my having been a Buddhist for almost ten years, at that time - it showed me many things to set the record straight for me; and the most important part of what I saw, was how each of the religions that I knew about - whether I respected them or not - had, at one time, been influenced by somebody else who'd also communed with Hirm (they had all grown from a 'Dharma Seed'), and how Men/Kings/Priests/Madmen had, bit-by-bit, corrupted the Dharma-based beliefs that the foundational Prophet/Messiah/Guru had originally taught.
We'd all be wiser and better off if we understood that better.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Let's ponder on the lamp. If one lite the lamp, there are two flames, one in the first watch and the other in the second watch. In one sense it is not the same flame, but in another sense it is the same flame. It burns the same kind of oil, it emits the same kind of light, and it serves the same purpose. would you call those flames the same that have burned yesterday and are burning now in the same lamp, filled with the same kind of oil, illuminating the same room?

Suppose the flame of the first watch had been extinguished during the second watch, would you call it the same if it burns again in the third watch?

In one sense it is a different flame, in another it is not.
Has the time that elapsed during the extinction of the flame anything to do with its identity or non-identity?

Well, then, we agree that the flame of today is in a certain sense the same as the flame of yesterday, and in another sense it is different at every moment. Moreover, the flames of the same kind, illuminating with equal power the same kind of rooms, are in a certain sense the same.

Now, suppose there is a man who feels like thyself, thinks like thyself, and acts like thyself, is he not the same man as thou?

Dost thou deny that the same logic holds good for thyself that holds good for the things of the world?

Can you define:-
Who you are ? (physical body - food for the worms ; or the invisible consciousness - the metaphorical swan)
Can you define God? (Personal God - Krishna, Ram Chander, Jesus, Odin, Jupiter; or the Mool Mantar defined God)
Can you define whether religion creates a noble man; or a group of noble men create religion?
Dost thou deny that the same logic holds good for thyself that holds good for the things of the world?

There may be another man who feels exactly like me, thinks like me, and acts like me; suppose even he had the same name and the same kind of possessions, he would not be myself.

Where is thy self?
Now which is thy true self, that of yesterday, that of today, or that of tomorrow?

Excerpts from : http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci_3.htm

Josh martin

SPNer
Jul 8, 2009
sacramento, CA
Suppose the flame of the first watch had been extinguished during the second watch, would you call it the same if it burns again in the third watch?

Same flame different purposes. Krishna's 10 avatars, different purposes.

[qoute]In one sense it is a different flame, in another it is not.
Has the time that elapsed during the extinction of the flame anything to do with its identity or non-identity?[/quote]
Same flame, new oil?(shooting blinds here)
Flame stays the same, perhaps the time it is ignited again, changes, aka settings change.

Well, then, we agree that the flame of today is in a certain sense the same as the flame of yesterday, and in another sense it is different at every moment. Moreover, the flames of the same kind, illuminating with equal power the same kind of rooms, are in a certain sense the same.
Good examples of flame, how does one connect with this flame? if one is disconnected.

Now, suppose there is a man who feels like thyself, thinks like thyself, and acts like thyself, is he not the same man as thou?
Man will be like myself, but not myself. He might be another similar drop in the ocean, but once drop merges in the ocean it looses its identity. Only same man example i know is Guru/chela in sikhi. One jote, two deh/sharir/bodies.

Where is thy self?
Now which is thy true self, that of yesterday, that of today, or that of tomorrow?
Same bodies, clothes change. Satyug rath sach ka, Sat aga rathvaho. Satyug was chariot of truth and lead by Sat. dvapur rath, treta rath, Kaliyug rath agni ka, koor ag rathvahos. In long run, true self is only who's foundation is in the truth. For truth lives on, self lives on in truth.

what did I miss?

Excerpts from : World Mysteries - Near Death Experience, Life After Death & Reincarnation[/quote]

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I just find outstanding! or standing out similarities between us. Is huck finn ur real name ? ur religion? profile? Something you wanna discuss oO

Josh,

Guru Fateh.

Why don't you share about yourself with us first. You mentioned in your earlier posts that you were a Sikh then later on, it seems you have changed your mind.

So, being truthful is not part of your faith?

Come clean.:) and I also asked you before , what is your Sikh name? Why are you afraid of sharing that?

Tejwant Singh

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
Josh ji,

My religion?

i really don't know what to answer because it does not matter - to me or to forum members.

there is a saying - Spirit does not have names :}{}{}:

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
namjap ji

i just lit a lamp and am pondering over it.

i think i have hard time understanding the mysterious abstract, i will experiment and get back to you.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Ang 694

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਦੀਵਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਬਾਤੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਤੇਲੁ ਲੇ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਸਾਰੇ
नामु तेरा दीवा नामु तेरो बाती नामु तेरो तेलु ले माहि पसारे ॥
Nām ṯerā ḏīvā nām ṯero bāṯī nām ṯero ṯel le māhi pasāre.
Your Name is the lamp, and Your Name is the wick. Your Name is the oil I pour into it.

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ਭਇਓ ਉਜਿਆਰੋ ਭਵਨ ਸਗਲਾਰੇ ॥੨॥नाम तेरे की जोति लगाई भइओ उजिआरो भवन सगलारे ॥२॥
Nām ṯere kī joṯ lagā▫ī bẖa▫i▫o uji▫āro bẖavan saglāre. ||2||
Your Name is the light applied to this lamp, which enlightens and illuminates the entire world. ||2||

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
The philosophy of Naam cannot be explained in words.
A mere talk on Naam is not helpful at all,
for the Naam can only be contacted through an inner experience.

The Kingdom of God cometh not by observation.
The Kingdom of God
is within you.
CHRIST

AMRIT or Aab-i-Hayat or Maha Ras is the elixir of life,
or whoever partakes of it gets everlasting life and escapes forever from
the otherwise interminable round of births and deaths.
The sages and seers wandered in quest of It,
but nowhere in the wide world were they able to find It.
Is It then a chimera or mirage ? The saints in reply have repeatedly said that Amrit is something real and solid.
It is the Water of Immortality, which lies hidden and buried within the depths of the soul,
encrusted with the dust of ages, and may be delved into even now and rediscovered,
if one has the patience to do as he is bidden.
In the scriptures of the various religions we come across references to the sacred Water of Life.
The Muslim divines describe It as Aab-Haiwan or Aab-i-Hayat and always suggested Its use to the world-weary pilgrims.
It is also called Chasma-i-Kausar. The Hindu scriptures call It Mansarover or the Pool of Nectar (Amritsar),
which if tasted would grant life everlasting. In the Vedas we read of It as Soma Ras,
which granted Cosmic Awareness or Universal Consciousness to the Rishis and the Munis
who partook of It in ages long ago. The saints generally call It Amritsar or the pool or the fount of Nectar.
Christ often spoke of It as the Water of Life.
And let him that is athirst come, and whosoever will,
let him take the Water of Life freely. Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him
shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him
shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
CHRIST
In the Holy Bible, it is stated that Christ used to bring the dead to life.
At one place, he is said to have administered this Water of Life to a Samaritan lady.
From all this it is abundantly clear that Christ freely made use of this Water of Life in treating the ills of mankind.
And very often he refers to the Voice of God as well.
For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
and we shall be changed.
ST. PAUL

When the dead shall hear the Voice of the Son of God:
and they that hear shall live.
CHRIST
By these means, he is said to have redeemed no less than one hundred forty and four thousand souls.
The Rishis and Munis or the holy men of old and even the saints in comparatively recent times tasted of the Water of Life
and made their followers drink from the great fountainhead.

Amrit: What It is
From a careful study of the scriptures, we learn that the Water of Life or the Nectar is
nothing but the Word or Logos of Christ; Naam or Shabd of the saints;
Kalma of the Muslims; and Nad of the Vedic Rishis.

The Word of God is the elixir of life and is a panacea for all the ills of the world;
Bhikhan says, It is with the Grace of the Guru that one finds a Way to Salvation.
BHIKHAN

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts,
to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
ST. PAUL

Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my Path.
THE PSALMS

Pure is the Light and Soma Juice is the Word,
A contact with them grants a selfless life of everlasting bliss.
GURU ARJAN

The divine ambrosia can be had by inversion and not anywhere in the world outside.
One can find It only if one transcends into the spiritual regions above the physical body.
A draught of the Water of Immortality is enough to grant life everlasting to the individual.
In order to reach the Hauz-i-Kausar or the pool of nectar, one has to dig deep into the human self.
The human body is the temple of God wherein dwell both the soul and the Over-soul.
This temple has quite a number of instruments through which the Self within works in the physical plane without.
These instruments may be likened to doors and windows through which the soul and the mind go out into the world
in search of worldly pleasures. But the soul itself is imprisoned in the body and knows no way to escape therefrom.
The body has nine visible portals: two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, mouth, rectum and the generative organ.
So long as the spirit remains absorbed in the sensory pleasures, it cannot have an access to the Heavenly regions and,
therefore, cannot taste the elixir of life. Besides these nine outlets there is a hidden spring-door behind the center of the eyes.
When the spirit, by means of concentration, is gathered up at this center,
it becomes qualified for ingress into higher realms with all the spiritual heritage therein.

Naam or Word: AMRIT - Water or Nectar of Life

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Good examples of flame, how does one connect with this flame? if one is disconnected.
Put the maryada before the self and the door will open within for you to become the Khalsa.

It is the inner Light that makes one Khalsa, or the Pure One. When does a man become pure?
The scriptures tell us in this context: "When one gets into contact with the inner Light in Its fullness,
then alone one becomes pure; otherwise, not." Guru Gobind Singh speaking of Himself says:
Khalsa is my own form, and I reside in the Khalsa

Similarly, in the Revelation it is said:
"Those see the Power of God Who have the Father's Name written in Their foreheads."

True devotion consists of the manifestation of the Light within and of the inner Music.
And whosoever succeeds in this process is true to himself,
no matter if he is a Hindu, a Muslim, a Christian, or a Sikh, or anything else.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The author is

bw72portrait25.jpg
Kirpal Singh1894 - 1974
His Mission: "To fill the human heart with compassion, mercy and universal love, which should radiate to all countries, nations and peoples of the world. To make a true religion of the heart as the ruling factor in one's life. To enable each one to love God, love all, serve all, and have respect for all, as God is immanent in all forms. My goal is that of oneness. I spread the message of oneness in life and living. This is the way to peace on earth. This is the mission of my life, and I pray that it may be fulfilled."

This website is a service of (and contact info for): Ruhani Satsang USA

And obviously Kirpal Singh ji finds God as immanent in all forms. But does this message of oneness in life and living address the question Do all religions lead to God? Some have made the argument that religions lead us away from God. BTW what is meant by "God?" Doesn't the answer to that question determine how the thread question can be answered, and how it cannot be addressed? No one has asked What is meant by God? so far. What happens if there are 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 or more answers and they are just different enough to make the thread question unanswerable? What happens to the idea of Oneness if there are 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 or more answers to the question, What is meant by God? Which One (of the lot) is immanent in me? Just a thought. These are not easy discussions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Narayanjot Ji,

Ruhanisatsang has some wonderful topics but as always, they misinterprete gurbani by giving importance to a living guru.
This is not the way of mainstream Sikhism.
So it is necessary to re-interprete those particular words which create a false image of a true guru.

How can Kirpal Singh be author of all the gurbani stated by him?
How can he be author of all the other scriptue references he has made?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: