I am relatively new to this. I created a form with a subform. The form is for a transaction table and the subform is a detail table for the transaction. I am able to get the dlookup function to work properly on the main form to lookup the customers name, address etc. I want to look up the description in a products table in the detail section but I get an error. If I open the detail form by itself (not as a subform) the dlookup function looks up the proper information but as a sub form it errors out. Here are the two ways I have tried. Help Please!. =DLookUp("[pdesc]","[master]","[master]![item]=forms![detail]![item]") =DLookUp("[pdesc]","[master]","[master]![item]=forms![invoice]![detaill]![item]") Pdesc is in the Master table (products table) and contains the product description. Item is the item number in the master table and detail table to identify the product. Inovice is the main form and detail is the subform. Thanks! Stumped in NJ.