Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Diwali- Bandi Chorr Divas

Discussion in 'Sikh Youth' started by truthseeker, Oct 31, 2005.

1. truthseeker

truthseeker
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!!

Firstly, i just want to say that im sorry if i posted this in the wrong section i was not really sure where to put it.

Bandi Chorr Divas or Diwali, is coming up in 2 days, and I have been asked to do kirtan at the Gurdwara. So i was wondering if there are any specific shabads that are usually sung on this day. And also if the sangat could just explain exactly what this day means. I know that our Guru was released from jail and brought out the 52 raja's with, but im exactly sure about all the details. I was also wondering about the Hinsu religion and the significants of Diwali to them.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!!!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    SATGUR BANDI CHOD HAI History of Sikhism Oct 31, 2016
    Gurus The Sikh Festivals: Bandi Chhorh Divas History of Sikhism Oct 25, 2011
    Ik Oankaar Parvaar and Guru Granth Sahib Academy: Bandi Chor Diwas Kirtan Diwan Community Out-Reach Oct 15, 2011
    Celebration: Aglow with divinity, Bandi Chhor Diwas Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Oct 24, 2010
    Sikh News Police hunt turban bandits (Daily Telegraph) Breaking News Jun 30, 2007

3. drkhalsa

drkhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

4. truthseeker

truthseeker
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Re: Diwali/ Bandi Chorr Divas

Thank you Drkhalsa Ji that was very helpful.
    Are there any specific shabads that are usually done on Diwali??

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!!

5. vijaydeep Singh

vijaydeep Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Re: Diwali/ Bandi Chorr Divas

Gurfateh

Sabads are unlike spells or Mantra that they will give some physical effect if said on some particular time but they are more concerned about effecting state of mind and sould of the person so we have times for Daily nitneem anyway as per traditions of Panth there are verse from Vars of Bhai Guru Das Ji which are relted to Deepawali said on This day.

Happy Deepmala Purab:wah: