Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Disenabling a button...

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by dcash45, Jul 28, 2006.

1. dcash45

dcash45
    Expand Collapse

Hello I want to open a form and enable or disenable the buttons base on what
    type of user is login.

I have a login form that goes to two different switchboard forms base on the
    type of user (manage or employee). But both switchboard calls on some of the
    same form; like my states form. This form has the buttons of Add, Update,
    Delete, and so on. The manager would have the right to do all of the
    functions but I want the employees to only have the right to just Update. So
    if an employee login and opening the states form I want the Add and Delete
    button to be disenable and if a manage login all the buttons stay enable.

So I would like to know does anyone know how to design is code because I am
    having some problems designing it.

Thank you,

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Should SPN Keep the 'Like' Button? SPN Poll Hard Talk May 17, 2013

3. kabaka

kabaka
    Expand Collapse

It looks to me like Rob Parker answered the exact same question that you
    posted yesterday. Did you implement his solution? Is there something in his
    response that you didn't understand or couldn't get to work? I would suggest
    not starting a new thread with the exact same question - Rob, or other people
    with the same problems, may be following the other thread and not notice this
    new one (and it's not good etiquette).

"dcash45" wrote:

> Hello I want to open a form and enable or disenable the buttons base on what
    > type of user is login.
    >
    > I have a login form that goes to two different switchboard forms base on the
    > type of user (manage or employee). But both switchboard calls on some of the
    > same form; like my states form. This form has the buttons of Add, Update,
    > Delete, and so on. The manager would have the right to do all of the
    > functions but I want the employees to only have the right to just Update. So
    > if an employee login and opening the states form I want the Add and Delete
    > button to be disenable and if a manage login all the buttons stay enable.
    >
    > So I would like to know does anyone know how to design is code because I am
    > having some problems designing it.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    >

4. dcash45

dcash45
    Expand Collapse

Oh Ok thanks Kabaka...at the time Im working on the code that Rob is helping
    me with. It seen to be working but I still want to test it out.

"kabaka" wrote:

> It looks to me like Rob Parker answered the exact same question that you
    > posted yesterday. Did you implement his solution? Is there something in his
    > response that you didn't understand or couldn't get to work? I would suggest
    > not starting a new thread with the exact same question - Rob, or other people
    > with the same problems, may be following the other thread and not notice this
    > new one (and it's not good etiquette).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "dcash45" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello I want to open a form and enable or disenable the buttons base on what
    > > type of user is login.
    > >
    > > I have a login form that goes to two different switchboard forms base on the
    > > type of user (manage or employee). But both switchboard calls on some of the
    > > same form; like my states form. This form has the buttons of Add, Update,
    > > Delete, and so on. The manager would have the right to do all of the
    > > functions but I want the employees to only have the right to just Update. So
    > > if an employee login and opening the states form I want the Add and Delete
    > > button to be disenable and if a manage login all the buttons stay enable.
    > >
    > > So I would like to know does anyone know how to design is code because I am
    > > having some problems designing it.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > >

5. kabaka

kabaka
    Expand Collapse

Ok, good luck & happy coding!

"dcash45" wrote:

> Oh Ok thanks Kabaka...at the time Im working on the code that Rob is helping
    > me with. It seen to be working but I still want to test it out.
    >
    > "kabaka" wrote:
    >
    > > It looks to me like Rob Parker answered the exact same question that you
    > > posted yesterday. Did you implement his solution? Is there something in his
    > > response that you didn't understand or couldn't get to work? I would suggest
    > > not starting a new thread with the exact same question - Rob, or other people
    > > with the same problems, may be following the other thread and not notice this
    > > new one (and it's not good etiquette).
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "dcash45" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello I want to open a form and enable or disenable the buttons base on what
    > > > type of user is login.
    > > >
    > > > I have a login form that goes to two different switchboard forms base on the
    > > > type of user (manage or employee). But both switchboard calls on some of the
    > > > same form; like my states form. This form has the buttons of Add, Update,
    > > > Delete, and so on. The manager would have the right to do all of the
    > > > functions but I want the employees to only have the right to just Update. So
    > > > if an employee login and opening the states form I want the Add and Delete
    > > > button to be disenable and if a manage login all the buttons stay enable.
    > > >
    > > > So I would like to know does anyone know how to design is code because I am
    > > > having some problems designing it.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you,
    > > >
    > > >