• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Differences Between Men And Women !

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008
Women have the If you need to be told I am not going to tell you gene
David Bergin, Switzerland

Can someone explain this to me ?

There are multiple explanations, depending on the exact circumstance.

Men and women do think quite differently, but both have been conditioned (on some level) to believe that men are smarter than women. Because of this, sometimes women just don't believe that a guy actually does not understand. They believe the thing is so blatantly obvious that there is no way that this highly intelligent creature could not see it, so assume that a guy's claim that he does not understand is actually some kind of avoidance tactic. Or, some women with an unhealthy form of competitiveness born out of a low self esteem will recognize that the guy does not understand, and will emotionally enjoy having the upper hand in a situation by knowing something he does not know - even at the cost of the improvement that could be gained by him knowing.

Sometimes it's because what the guy doesn't get is so obvious to the female that she can't really explain it. It's kind of like trying to explain the definition of the word "if."

Rarely, it's a matter of if the guy didn't know then he couldn't be guilty - so it can be regarded with the translation "problem solved, leave well enough alone, you'll be sorry if you knew what was going through her head."

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Satjot Ji,

I guess its the multi-tasking gene which men do not have which prepares a woman to see through the "obvious" that isn't obvious to a man.

I've travelled a number of countries and seen a common thing about men of all countries and women of all countries. The woman takes charge of everything and the man would lie cosily in his lazy chair, reading his newspaper and fall asleep through most sounds except barking dogs.

I happen to ask a woman why this is so and she said, women like to work.

Thanks for throwing light and understanding on the 'I'm not going to tell you gene'. I really appreciate it as no one has really explained this to me.

Thank you.

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008
I've travelled a number of countries and seen a common thing about men of all countries and women of all countries. The woman takes charge of everything and the man would lie cosily in his lazy chair, reading his newspaper and fall asleep through most sounds except barking dogs.

I happen to ask a woman why this is so and she said, women like to work.

From the way this is phrased, I bet this woman was not an American. It is my observation that women like to work about as much as men like to work, and for pretty much the same reasons. I will make a further guess that whatever area this woman was from, in that area, women are still struggling to be viewed as human beings that are not inherently lesser than men.

I think that women are generally less easily satisfied, and as a result, have a keener sense of what needs to be done to make things better. A bachelor's house is usually messier than a house with a lady in it because a bit of grime actually does not bother a male, whereas a female might be afraid to sit on the couch unless the house is fairly clean.

If a person is truly satisfied with their surroundings, they will do nothing to change those surroundings. It is the dissatisfaction that motivates people to change things.

It is more in the females nature to not be happy, and more in the males nature to be happy. This balances things out well because without the females, the males might still be perfectly content still living in caves and hunting for food - although they likely would also have gotten to the moon just to prove they could. The females, in contrast, need the males to remind us to slow down and enjoy life, and laugh sometimes. With a nod to feminism, I agree that every woman does not need a man to be happy - but men do make happiness easier for women to achieve. Thank goodness that men were made to be more readily attracted to women or you might not bother to go through all that to try to attract our attention without distracting us from our various missions in life.
T
The ideal for a couple is when each have the same destination in mind but different skill sets to get there, and by combining their skill sets and working together, they both get to a better destination than they each could have gotten to individually.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I think that women are generally less easily satisfied, and as a result, have a keener sense of what needs to be done to make things better. A bachelor's house is usually messier than a house with a lady in it because a bit of grime actually does not bother a male, whereas a female might be afraid to sit on the couch unless the house is fairly clean.

I think women generally like clean surroundings while men don't mind any kind of condition
for living.

There is much psychological difference between men and women.Men takes many thing
as competetion.Even I have observed on different forums that majority of debates are between men may be 90% because even forum discussion is competetion for us.

flore

SPNer
Jan 11, 2008
Hey, guys, don't you think that these sort of "little funny sentence " are really reductive..Do you really think that one can say women are like this and men are like that.. except the maim gender physical differences I find it really hard to find some common point to every men or women in the earth ... no matter what psycho-sociologist might say...

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Hey, guys, don't you think that these sort of "little funny sentence " are really reductive..Do you really think that one can say women are like this and men are like that.. except the maim gender physical differences I find it really hard to find some common point to every men or women in the earth ... no matter what psycho-sociologist might say...

Its true that that every man and woman is unique in its own sense .But still you will find many similarities which majority of men have among them.and women among them.

flore

SPNer
Jan 11, 2008
For sure, they are similarities.. but I'm really sceptic about the similaries that are thought to exist and the real one.. But saying that diversity is the common point and not the generalities.
I want to underline that what men think women have and woment think men have should not be the bases to a good observation and conversation...
Details and subtlety are always much more rich than flat generalities... don't you think...

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008
Agreed. We are talking in generalities here.

I agree that stereotyping is dangerous, but there is a margin of difference between making general statements and making sweeping condemnations. For a non-gender related example, it is fair to say that humans don't like pain - yet most people are aware of the S&M scene. In general, people don't like pain, but there are some who actually get off on it under certain circumstances.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
10 Signs You're Being Needy

By David Wygant
Special to Yahoo! Personals
Updated: Apr 20, 2008

In my ten years of coaching men and women on the perils of dating and relationships, the one journey women tell me they never want to go on again is meeting and hanging out with the "needy and clingy" man.

grp_cmsk1pq1_i_18x15_nw_i_1.gif
Nothing turns women off more than a guy who is really needy.
grp_cmsk1pq2_i_18x15_se_i_1.gif

Nothing turns women off more than a guy who is really needy.
Now, I can practically hear men's voices protesting from everywhere, saying "But David, there are a lot of needy women too!" This article is not about them... it's about you.
Below are ten signs that you are being needy. Remember you are trying to attract women, not turn them off. So if you suffer from any of these signs of neediness, you need to immediately stop those actions.
1. You just walked a woman to her door at the end of a date. Instead of kissing her, you ask her if she had a good time. Women are attracted to confident men. They don't want to have to tell you that they had a good time on a date... they want you to be secure enough in yourself to assume that they had a good time.
2. You called a woman last night and she has not yet called you back, so you either email her or call her again to ask her if she received your message. If you want to push her away, this is one of the best ways to get her to quickly run away from you.
3. You start texting a woman you just began dating five or six times a day. You are over-texting her. You don't need to check in every two hours. That's a sign of neediness and clingy behavior that turns women off.
4. You miss a call on your cell phone from a phone number that you don't recognize. You call the woman you're dating, and to whom you talked just two hours before, and ask, "Did you just call me?" This kind of behavior is going to push and scare her away.
5. You agree with everything the woman you're dating says. Women are not looking for a man who agrees with everything they say. Women want a man who challenges them and from whom they can learn. When a man agrees with everything a woman says, he is telling her that he'll do anything to have a relationship (which is another sign of being needy).
6. The woman you're dating is out for the evening with her friends. She promised to call you when she got home. It's getting late and you haven't heard from her. You just can't resist and you call her cell phone several times until she answers it. This is a sign of being needy and insecure. She's out with her friends... not out with another guy. Let her have some personal space and she'll respect you more.
7. You are too available. If you have plans with a friend, keep those plans even if the woman you're dating asks you to do something that night. Women don't want men who are like a 7-Eleven -- convenient and ready 24/7.
8. You try to please a woman all the time. I'm all about men doing nice things for women, but she has to earn it. Some men will let a woman walk all over them, and then continue to be a sponge and allow it over and over again. Stand up for yourself and she'll respect you more. Letting a woman walk all over you is a clear sign to her that you're needy.
9. Don't be afraid to challenge a woman. If you don't agree with something a woman says, don't just sit there and agree with her thinking it's what she wants. Women are looking for someone who is going to stimulate their mind... not bore them. Women are not turned on by men they can completely control.
10. Be the man! Have a plan and stick with it. Women like men who plan out evenings of fun.

grp_cmsk1pq1_i_18x15_nw_i_1.gif
Don't always ask a woman what she wants to do. Listen to what she likes when you're having conversations with her
grp_cmsk1pq2_i_18x15_se_i_1.gif

Don't always ask a woman what she wants to do. Listen to what she likes when you're having conversations with her, then come up with a fun plan that you will already know she'll like. A needy man will do whatever a woman wants. A man of action will create plans for what they will do. Being a man of action will lead her to find you a lot more attractive in the long run.
Women are attracted to men who are confident and real. Women want to feel like you need them... but only after you already have your own life, your own ambitions, and your own goals.
The moment a man starts getting too clingy, a woman will run for the hills. This is exactly like how you will pull back from a woman who becomes clingy and needy.

mkm

SPNer
Mar 1, 2008
All jio

Arent women of deferent cultures behave different way? It is the culture that affects the mind set of women and men?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

This was an interesting video. And there was some truth in the message. But sometimes a break-up is actually an opportunity to grow as a person when a relationship ends. In each relationship there are two or more individuals, each with a destined path. If I am correct about this, then the causes of a break-up may at one level seem to be about specific faults and deficiencies. But at another level, the faults and deficiencies may be signs and symptoms of the calling of a deeper self which only an individual, himself/herself, can acknowledge and address. And that only if those faults and deficiencies really need to be addressed.

Changing who we are -- we really can do it only if the change is guided by a desire to become a more realized person. Don't change if the goal is to retrieve another person. That person has his/her own spiritual and emotional work to do. We all have our own spiritual and emotional work to do. No other one and no other thing can do it for us. Just my humble opinion after years of failure. Forgive me if I have offended anyone.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad Ji,

This reminds me of another video that explains why we should not judge others with one time experience. It's about a father who asks his four sons to visit a particular tree deep in the forest. One son goes in autumn, another in winter, another in spring and another in summer. Each brought back different feedback about the tree. Then their father made them compare notes and explained that in their own view point they were all right and wrong at the same time.

Food for thought, don't keep one mind set about your partner or ex. Time changes everyone.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Nam Jap ji

What you say is true and the story is a very good story. The self-help movement sells advice and makes a fortune. Do you think -- and I don 't mean to sound like a religious fanatic when I say this -- do you think that a lot of the advice on the web is manmukh speaking? That it is too much about the ME and someone else is MY PROBLEM?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM