• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji Perform Yagyas/Havans?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
i was reading the following sakhi in my suraj prakash

After the creation of khalsa guru gobind singh ji performed a big yagya
in which he invited many kshatriya ,vaishya ansd shudras.but guru ji did not invited
pandit kesho das.he came to guru ji angrily and complained about not being invited.
guru ji replied in the following sawaiye

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ ॥
स्वैया ॥
SWAYYA

ਜੋ ਕਛੁ ਲੇਖ ਲਿਖਿਓ ਬਿਧਨਾ ਸੋਈ ਪਾਈਯਤ ਮਿਸਰ ਜੂ ਸ਼ੋਕ ਨਿਵਾਰੋ ॥ਮੇਰੋ ਕਛੂ ਅਪਰਾਧ ਨਹੀ ਗਯੋ ਯਾਦ ਤੇ ਭੂਲ ਨਹ ਕੋਪੁ ਚਿਤਾਰੋ ॥
जो कछु लेख लिखिओ बिधना सोई पाईयत मिसर जू शोक निवारो ॥मेरो कछू अपराध नही गयो याद ते भूल नह कोपु चितारो ॥
O friend ! whatever the providence has recorded, it will surely happen, therefore, forsake your sorrow; there is no fault of mine in this; I had only forgotton (to serve you earlier); do not get enraged on my error;

ਬਾਗੋ ਨਿਹਾਲੀ ਪਠੈ ਦੈਹੋ ਆਜੁ ਭਲੇ ਤੁਮ ਕੋ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਜੀਅ ਧਾਰੋ ॥ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਸਭੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਿੱਪਨ ਕੇ ਇਨਹੂੰ ਪੈ ਕਟਾਛ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕੈ ਨਿਹਾਰੋ ॥੧॥
बागो निहाली पठै दैहो आजु भले तुम को निसचै जीअ धारो ॥ छत्री सभै क्रित बिपन के इनहूं पै कटाछ क्रिपा कै निहारो ॥१॥
I shall surely cause to send the quilt, bed etc. as religious gift; do not be anxious about that, the Kshatriyas had been performing the jobs for the Brahmins; now be kind to them, looking towards them.1.

ਜੁੱਧ ਜਿਤੇ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਸੁ ਦਾਨ ਕਰੇ ॥ ਅਘ ਅਉਘ ਟਰੈ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਫੁਨ ਧਾਮ ਭਰੇ ॥
जुध जिते इन ही के प्रसादि इन ही के प्रसादि सु दान करे ॥ अघ अउघ टरै इन ही के प्रसादि इन ही क्रिपा फुन धाम भरे ॥
By the kindness of these Skihs, I have conquered the wars and also by their kindness, I have bestowed charities; by their kindness the clusters on sins have been destroyed and by their kindness my house is full of wealth and materials;

ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਸੁ ਬਿੱਦਿਆ ਲਈ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਸਭ ਸ਼ੱਤ੍ਰੁ ਮਰੇ ॥ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕੇ ਸਜੇ ਹਮ ਹੈਂ ਨਹੀ ਮੋਸੋ ਗਰੀਬ ਕਰੋਰ ਪਰੇ ॥੨॥
इन ही के प्रसादि सु बिदिआ लई इन ही की क्रिपा सभ शत्रु मरे ॥इन ही की क्रिपा के सजे हम हैं नही मोसो गरीब करोर परे ॥२॥
By their kindness I have received education and by their kindness all my enemies have been destroyed; by their kindness I have been greatly adorned, otherwise there kindness I have been greatly adorned, otherwise there are crores of humble person like me.2.

ਸੇਵ ਕਰੀ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੀ ਭਾਵਤ ਅਉਰ ਕੀ ਸੇਵ ਸੁਹਾਤ ਨ ਜੀਕੋ ॥ ਦਾਨ ਦਯੋ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਭਲੋ ਅਰੁ ਆਨ ਕੋ ਦਾਨ ਨ ਲਾਗਤ ਨੀਕੋ ॥
सेव करी इन ही की भावत अउर की सेव सुहात न जीको ॥ दान दयो इन ही को भलो अरु आन को दान न लागत नीको ॥
I like to serve them and my mind is not pleased to serve others; the charities bestowed on them are really good and the charities given to others do not appear to be nice;

ਆਗੈ ਫਲੈ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਦਯੋ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਜਸੁ ਅਉਰ ਦਯੋ ਸਭ ਫੀਕੋ ॥ ਮੋ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਮੈ ਮਨ ਤੇ ਤਨ ਤੇ ਸਿਰ ਲਉ ਧਨ ਹੈ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਕੋ ॥੩॥
आगै फलै इन ही को दयो जग मै जसु अउर दयो सभ फीको ॥ मो ग्रहि मै मन ते तन ते सिर लउ धन है सभ ही इन ही को ॥३॥
The charities bestowed on them will bear fruit in future and the charities given to others in the world are unsavoury in front of donation given to them; in my house, my mind, my body, my wealth and even my head everything belongs to them.3.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥
दोहरा ॥
DOHRA

ਚਟਪਟਾਇ ਚਿਤ ਮੈ ਜਰਯੋ ਤ੍ਰਿਣ ਜਯੋਂ ਕ੍ਰੁੱਧਤ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਖੋਜ ਰੋਜ ਕੇ ਹੇਤ ਲਗ ਦਯੋ ਮਿਸਰ ਜੂ ਰੋਇ ॥੪॥
चटपटाइ चित मै जरयो त्रिण जयों क्रुधत होइ ॥ खोज रोज के हेत लग दयो मिसर जू रोइ ॥४॥
Just as the straws while burning in ire are flabbergasted, in the same way, the Brahmin got enraged in his mind and thinking about his means of sustenance, he wept.4.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my question is that is it true that guru gobind singh ji use to perform yagya.if not then
what about these sawaiye

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
Re: Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji performed Yagyas/Havans?

This is interesting.

Just one query, though: what is "yagya"?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Re: Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji performed Yagyas/Havans?

max314 said:
This is interesting.

Just one query, though: what is "yagya"?
yagya is a hindu ritual.it is a type fire worship in which you put things in the fire along with chanting mantras.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

If we go by verbal meainging of yagna is means to offer.

And yes marrying a poor girl,Langer,Helath camp all suich things are Yagna.

so Guru's Sikhs did ofer thier head in Yagna ie five belived.One Khatri,One Vaish Jatt and Three Sudras,And Guru also offer own self to Panth as Sikh of Panth.so that was Yagna.

anyway burning insence on alter in name of Yehove is part of Jew faith(refer old Testment along with meidtating on God's name).In Orothodox Church,Catholics,Sufies,Shias also such things like Dhuna or Loban etc are popoular and it is not the Hindu ritual only.

Anyway Guru did encouge one Pandit,to do Yagna near Naina Devi to breack the myth that devi will come after yagna(as per Vedas Yagan can be only of Purush(Akal Purukh)).Devi did not come.

Pandit of Benras said that some sacrifise of great man is needed for its success.Guru said that Pandit Ji,who can be better then yourself.Some say Pandi Ran away some say that he burnt himself.

And then Guru told that true Bhagwati is sword.As per some Bhagwati did come and offer swrod to Guru but then as er Sau Sakhi,Yagna was more for God then Devi.We need to take it in symbolic way. and in the light of Guru Granth Sahib Ji,how can we interpret.

Like DEvi could be War or Ranna Chandi and sword could be power of Khalsa and yagan was to oferr the self.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM