Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

#deleted but still there?

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Sheila D, Nov 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Sheila D

Sheila D
    Expand Collapse

Hi

I used an Update query to update date field and info in a text field for 100
    records. The new text was typed into a parameter box which seemed to work OK.
    When I checked 95 of the records are showing #deleted in the text field (not
    what I tyoed in!!) and when I try to change comes up saying record is
    deleted. The date field updated OK to todays date and I can pull out all the
    records using this as a criteria.

Now I can get these records back from a back up I did Friday (lucky me) but
    I really don't understand what's going on - if the records are deleted how
    can they still be there . Never come across this before. Thanks for any info

SHeila

2. Loading...

3. Ofer

Ofer
    Expand Collapse

I came across this problem in two occasions
    1. The structure of the table been changed, but I didn't refresh the link
    2. Need to Compact and repair the MDB
    --
    If I answered your question, please mark it as an answer. That way, it will
    stay saved for a longer time, so other can benifit from it.

Good luck

"Sheila D" wrote:

> Hi
    >
    > I used an Update query to update date field and info in a text field for 100
    > records. The new text was typed into a parameter box which seemed to work OK.
    > When I checked 95 of the records are showing #deleted in the text field (not
    > what I tyoed in!!) and when I try to change comes up saying record is
    > deleted. The date field updated OK to todays date and I can pull out all the
    > records using this as a criteria.
    >
    > Now I can get these records back from a back up I did Friday (lucky me) but
    > I really don't understand what's going on - if the records are deleted how
    > can they still be there . Never come across this before. Thanks for any info
    >
    > SHeila

4. Sheila D

Sheila D
    Expand Collapse

Hi

Tx for quick reply, I compacted & this replaced string with row of ### which
    I could then correct, so good call! Just one of those MS oddities I guess....

SHeila

"Ofer" wrote:

> I came across this problem in two occasions
    > 1. The structure of the table been changed, but I didn't refresh the link
    > 2. Need to Compact and repair the MDB
    > --
    > If I answered your question, please mark it as an answer. That way, it will
    > stay saved for a longer time, so other can benifit from it.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    >
    >
    > "Sheila D" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I used an Update query to update date field and info in a text field for 100
    > > records. The new text was typed into a parameter box which seemed to work OK.
    > > When I checked 95 of the records are showing #deleted in the text field (not
    > > what I tyoed in!!) and when I try to change comes up saying record is
    > > deleted. The date field updated OK to todays date and I can pull out all the
    > > records using this as a criteria.
    > >
    > > Now I can get these records back from a back up I did Friday (lucky me) but
    > > I really don't understand what's going on - if the records are deleted how
    > > can they still be there . Never come across this before. Thanks for any info
    > >
    > > SHeila