Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

#deleted but still there?

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Sheila D, Nov 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Sheila D

Sheila D
    Expand Collapse

Hi

I used an Update query to update date field and info in a text field for 100
    records. The new text was typed into a parameter box which seemed to work OK.
    When I checked 95 of the records are showing #deleted in the text field (not
    what I tyoed in!!) and when I try to change comes up saying record is
    deleted. The date field updated OK to todays date and I can pull out all the
    records using this as a criteria.

Now I can get these records back from a back up I did Friday (lucky me) but
    I really don't understand what's going on - if the records are deleted how
    can they still be there . Never come across this before. Thanks for any info

SHeila

2. Loading...

3. Ofer

Ofer
    Expand Collapse

I came across this problem in two occasions
    1. The structure of the table been changed, but I didn't refresh the link
    2. Need to Compact and repair the MDB
    --
    If I answered your question, please mark it as an answer. That way, it will
    stay saved for a longer time, so other can benifit from it.

Good luck

"Sheila D" wrote:

> Hi
    >
    > I used an Update query to update date field and info in a text field for 100
    > records. The new text was typed into a parameter box which seemed to work OK.
    > When I checked 95 of the records are showing #deleted in the text field (not
    > what I tyoed in!!) and when I try to change comes up saying record is
    > deleted. The date field updated OK to todays date and I can pull out all the
    > records using this as a criteria.
    >
    > Now I can get these records back from a back up I did Friday (lucky me) but
    > I really don't understand what's going on - if the records are deleted how
    > can they still be there . Never come across this before. Thanks for any info
    >
    > SHeila

4. Sheila D

Sheila D
    Expand Collapse

Hi

Tx for quick reply, I compacted & this replaced string with row of ### which
    I could then correct, so good call! Just one of those MS oddities I guess....

SHeila

"Ofer" wrote:

> I came across this problem in two occasions
    > 1. The structure of the table been changed, but I didn't refresh the link
    > 2. Need to Compact and repair the MDB
    > --
    > If I answered your question, please mark it as an answer. That way, it will
    > stay saved for a longer time, so other can benifit from it.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    >
    >
    > "Sheila D" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I used an Update query to update date field and info in a text field for 100
    > > records. The new text was typed into a parameter box which seemed to work OK.
    > > When I checked 95 of the records are showing #deleted in the text field (not
    > > what I tyoed in!!) and when I try to change comes up saying record is
    > > deleted. The date field updated OK to todays date and I can pull out all the
    > > records using this as a criteria.
    > >
    > > Now I can get these records back from a back up I did Friday (lucky me) but
    > > I really don't understand what's going on - if the records are deleted how
    > > can they still be there . Never come across this before. Thanks for any info
    > >
    > > SHeila

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution