• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Deep Reflection During Times Of Stress. Have You Ever Felt Like This ?

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
I am not sure how many of you're working in corporate. Perhaps many of you run your own businesses or working in some other fields, but is there something common among all of these ? stress, is it ?

When you're supposed to to something, but you don't , and burying your head in the sand like an ostrich , but the undone work will find you and grab you by the neck and then it makes you wonder
"If I couldn't escape my karma here in this very office, what makes me think I could escape my karma that I do all my life in court of god ?"

When I am under stress of my work , I often find myself thinking deeply about spiritual and life issues in the back of my head.

A voice in my head asks me "See how tough this is in this very lifetime. Shouldn't you devote yourself to way of saints lest you have to come on this planet again and again in this endless cycle of joys and sorrows".

I hope you get the gist of what I am saying.

I often feel like this , have you ever felt like this?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
when we say we will do things and then do not do them, that causes stress, or when we are contracted to do things, and do not do them, that causes stress

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
when we say we will do things and then do not do them, that causes stress, or when we are contracted to do things, and do not do them, that causes stress

I am used to being the 'rod child' . Spare the rod, spoil the child.
When we were kids , our tuition teacher would tell us memorize answers and if we didn't, they would beat us with sticks. It was good days, ! It got all the work done.

Anyways, you didn't really answer my main question

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I often feel like this , have you ever felt like this?

I am afraid it is the thing that has haunted me for close to 30 years, the dual personality, in my head one is a wolf, and one is man, and they are in constant battle all the time, do something good, and the wolf sneers and laughs, do something bad and the man mocks and taunts, there are no winners, what does it mean? to me? that it is pointless wanting anything, as I will never, ever be happy, whether it is a car, a woman, a pet, a nice car, a house, I will never be able to enjoy it because of the constant desire to do the opposite, once I have what I want. So it is better to want for nothing, and for the first time, silence, peace, I am not pushed in any direction because my direction is merely today, working, living, cleaning, writing, listening to music, I am doing exactly what is acceptable to both sides, and no one finds anything disagreeable, my lust is going down, because I am not in love, I do not have nor desire love,other than parental, so the opposite driving force of the lust is negated, everything is just as is, I eat when I want, I sleep when I want, I work when I want, that is pretty much all I do, its great, its freedom, all you have to do is do everything you ever wanted, learn from it, experience the pleasure, the pain, immerse yourself in god, but equally answer your own questions by getting out there, the good news is you can get really close to god, the bad news is that you equally as close to the fires of hell, and you will get burn't, sure you will, and scarred, and then 20 years from now, you can look back, with no regrets, and then go looking for god in harmony.

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
A voice in my head asks me "See how tough this is in this very lifetime. Shouldn't you devote yourself to way of saints lest you have to come on this planet again and again in this endless cycle of joys and sorrows".

I certainly have felt like this when dealing with my own troubles, and looking out into the world and seeing all the hate, violence, poverty, etc. And also just seeing how superficial and shallow modern day life is. It makes me think firstly that I am so fortunate to have found Sikhi, where the answers to escaping this "hell" lay. At the same time I wonder, why am I not doing more to be a better Sikh, to be more "saintly?" I am seeing how awful life can be here, and I have been given an opportunity to better myself and escape, but still it seems I remain more attached to my wordly life, than ending this cycle.

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
I certainly have felt like this when dealing with my own troubles, and looking out into the world and seeing all the hate, violence, poverty, etc. And also just seeing how superficial and shallow modern day life is. It makes me think firstly that I am so fortunate to have found Sikhi, where the answers to escaping this "hell" lay. At the same time I wonder, why am I not doing more to be a better Sikh, to be more "saintly?" I am seeing how awful life can be here, and I have been given an opportunity to better myself and escape, but still it seems I remain more attached to my wordly life, than ending this cycle.

its same with me bro.
I tell you , I am even contemplating hair cut. My mind is telling me "We will come back on the path of sikhi, I promise , but this youthful period can be used for worldly fun and glamour "
Its scary. what if my guru didn't accept me back .

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
"We will come back on the path of sikhi, I promise , but this youthful period can be used for worldly fun and glamour "
Its scary. what if my guru didn't accept me back .

And i guess this is when we have to remind ourselves, that we will not necessarily live until we are old in this life. Any day can be the last. And reminds again of miri piri, we need to strive to find a balance between the wordly life Guru has blessed us with, and still remember our spiritual commitments.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: