• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

December 27 Shaheed Of Sahibzaade. Spreading The Word

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Actually what Akasha Ji has posted is an "Individual's Artistic Impression" !! What I posted is how an Authentic Akal Takhat ADESH looks like. It has the AT Letter Head,.. a REF number...DATE...and Signature of the AT Jathedar with his full name and designation.
The difference between an ADESH and a HUKMNAMAH is that an ADESH is an ADVISORY/Recommended action to take while a HUKMNAMAH is more serious matter.
A HUKMNAMAH is also on the AT Letterhead...Dated..with REFERENCE Number..and SIGNED not by just ONE..but FIVE Jathedars of the Five Takhats with their anmes and designations duly placed.

Pre 1980's when the institutions of the SGPC and Takjhats were NOT that badly politicised...such Hukmanmahs and Adeshes were always duly posted on the AT Notice Boiard..published in the Monthly Gurdwara Gazette (Gazetted as in Constitutional matters of parliaments worldwide), filed in the AT and SGPC Secretariats files and copies sent worldwide. Post 1980...and especially post 1990's Hukmnamahs and Adeshes began to be issued at the drop of an eyelid of the political masters...Vested interests began to have them issued at will...many such were just one copy only or a few photocoies made and then thats the end of the matter..some were issued with NO DATE or reference Number..some with just one signature..One sacking the SGPC Presidnet Bibi jagir Kaur was issued form PUNE by the AT jathedar seated in a Taxi travelling on his way to the Pune RSS Offices..and SENT BY FAX !! Jagir Kaur was ostensibly sacked for authorisng the Study on the Purewal Nanaksahi calendar !! The said FAX Hukmnamah was signed by Poorn singh and four others UNKNOWN...In the End it was Pooran Singh who got the BOOT. MOST such Hukmnamahs are NOT FILED or even available except with those who had avested interest in getting them issued...example the one by Lamba Lobby against Prof Drashn Singh and another by another group against Prof Sarabjit Singh Dhunda..
Another example of a ADESH form Akal Takhat......Many can be seen at this website of the SGPC.. http://sgpc.net/akaltakhat_hukum/akal_takht_hukumnama_4.asp and one may notice absence of ref numbers and dates even on the authentic ones like the Pashaura Singh Hukmnamah... a THIRD type is called SANDESH..this is usually a Congratulatiry Message something simialr to the Popes Christmas Message or the Queen's New Year Message...the AT jathedar issues such form time to time...
gm1.jpg

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
btw..Bhai Rajoanna's Letters from prison used to be full page published in Rozana Spokesman...but since he "accepted" Badals help...he has stopped sending his mail to RS and instead publishes them in RS opposing Paper Daily Pehredaar (mostly run by ex RS journlaists and others opposed to Rozana Spokesman).

This Appeal for Moolmantar has been issued....and Rozana Spokesman Ekas Ke Barak Organsiation has also issued a Similar Appeal...The Rozanna Appeal is to spend at least 15 minutes of DEC 27 with YOUR FAMILY..discussing the HISTORY of EVENTS that took place on this Historical Day so that OUR YOUTH and FAMILY REALIZE the TRUE SIGNIFICANCE of DEC 27 in our Lives !!

NATIONS that FORGET HISTORY..LOSE EVERYTHING...thats why the JEWS have THE HOLOCAUST MUSEUM....LIVING NATIONS need to LIVE HISTORY...every day...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
That pdf file is a treasure and I will file it away for future use. I think you are saying that we still don't have the hukamnama, Only think that we do. :mundaviolin:

So back to square 1 because I would really like to get to the bottom of this. No one however can fault the membership for taking the quest seriously.

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I think it was an "opinion" expressed by AT jathedar in some roal speech given at a religious gathering or some press conference...

BUT THIS is DEFINITELY NOT the way to CELEBRATE the Shaheedee of Dec 27 Sirhind...

SIKHS DONT WAIL and CRY....Read Ramkali SADD Bani in SGGS...Mere pichheh matt rovsee orders Guru Amardass Ji...
MATT" is a very STRICT NO NO CRYING WAILING instruction. SO SIKHS DONT treat DEATH this way...esp of a Shaeed like the Sahibzadahs...they are to be CELEBRATED and HONOURED...

Vichhoda Sant Baba Karam Singh Ji (Rara Sahib) Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji (Dhadrian Wale) Part 7 - YouTube

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Well, this sure has become an educational thread for a lot of reasons. Who was wailing and crying though? Maybe on the videos which I have not looked at. This started as an announcement about a 15 minute world-wide simran, and ended up a hunting expedition for a hukamnama. Mostly I am gritting my teeth that we still do not have a copy. It is important when making reference to Akaal Takht that we have the sources correct. You have helped us Gyani ji in that regard. And I should have known better because I have seen official sundesh//akdesh before and know they are dated and on official letterhead. What happened to my powers of discrimination? Thanks again for all the resources.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Wailing video is on U-Tube..its the young Baba Dhadriwallah wailing at the DEATH of His baba Ji Karam singh rarasahib vallah...this topic came up because the AT opined on two aspects of the Fategarh Shaeedee Anniversary...

1. Too much politics...Huge Hoardings carry the pictures of Mata Gujree Ji and the Sahibzadahs..and at the Bottom or alla round are plastered photos of GHONA MONA PATIT politicians who sponsored these Hoardings..The AT suggested thta this be cut down or removed in toto...

2. Too much LANGGARS...esp Jalebis and all that stuff...AT opined to cut down such "merrymaking" on this SOMBRE ocassion...BUT to be replaced by Simran..paath..and pondering on the shaheedees. The Crying video was brought in to teach HOW NOT to celebrate this...as its anti gurmatt and ultra vires SGGS directions on post death kirtan..

Its obvious the AT is trying to change the directions of the Anniversary which saw exceeding...ONE MILLION CROWDS this year...

Apologies if off topic in any way...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
On the contrary Gyani ji, you brought us to the main issues at the core of this. Once again, it has been really valuable to get to the thinking behind the simran. Those were both good reasons too! It helps to have insight.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: