• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Debate: Spiritual Vs Non Spiritual Interpretation Of Gurbani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Akasha ji thanks for your thread and good posts even though yours and others are challenging at times in this thread.
.. To me, it's amazing we don't fall right through a chair when we sit down since we are nearly all empty space - and so is the chair!..
I think I know the answer to your chair dilemma. The parts of the chair that don't let you fall through are packed differently in space versus your body. It is only when your space can move or reshape another space that you can move or fall through. Like falling in a parachute drop in the air, etc. It is not possible to do so with the chair but with water and air we can.

On more topic of the thread, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the title of your query! How would you broadly classify Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as a piece of writing? Spiritual or fiction or prose or science. I believe it is spiritual and to treat a work spiritual in ways others does not appear logical to me.

I marvel at your levels of learning Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as well as your efforts in posting here. Never be dis-heartened with other lions and lionesses being in the den ;)

Just some thoughts I will try to interact more later.

Sat Sri Akal. :mundahug:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width=""><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> As I said earlier, let's do the Anand's interpretation here from our own Gurmat thought process as a comparative endeavour.

For this great project, I would like Sahni Sahib to take the helm and we will all be the rowers of this Sikhi Ship.

So Sahni Sahib, I urge you to give this project a jump start by sharing your understanding about the first Pauri of Anand and then we will all pitch in and refine it collectively. </td></tr></tbody></table>
** Edited and made some additions**

Gurfateh ji

This is a great initiative!

Since inception, it has been SPN's endeavor to create a definitive reference resource on Gurbani interpretations. We already have a section which is dedicated to Gurbani interpretations by members in the following forum:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/guru-granth-darpan/

and there in we have the following section:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/anand-sahib/

So, what we can do is create a special thread in Anand Sahib forum, which will always remain at the top of the section and which can be edited and re-edited based on a consensus, as the members would deliberate in the same thread. OR eventually we can merge all other threads under an individual pauri, so that there are only that much threads, as are the Pauris in the interpreted Bani...

Thanks again for taking another initiative. Once we migrate to a newer platform, hopefuly we will have special section made for these interpretations... Right now i am keeping it simple so as not to duplicate our efforts, once we migrate.

Please let me know if i am following the discussion...

Looking forward to hear from you all!

Gurfateh!

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Akasha ji thanks for your thread and good posts even though yours and others are challenging at times in this thread.I think I know the answer to your chair dilemma. The parts of the chair that don't let you fall through are packed differently in space versus your body. It is only when your space can move or reshape another space that you can move or fall through. Like falling in a parachute drop in the air, etc. It is not possible to do so with the chair but with water and air we can.

On more topic of the thread, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the title of your query! How would you broadly classify Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as a piece of writing? Spiritual or fiction or prose or science. I believe it is spiritual and to treat a work spiritual in ways others does not appear logical to me.

I marvel at your levels of learning Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as well as your efforts in posting here. Never be dis-heartened with other lions and lionesses being in the den ;)

Just some thoughts I will try to interact more later.

Sat Sri Akal. :mundahug:

i also believe it is spiritual :) when one realizes they are more than the physical body, the domain of the spirit opens up...Waheguru

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012

Thanks Ji!

And I totally agree... in fact, it is not the physical pages that we marvel at, nor the binding, or even the writing itself. What makes SGGS special is the message it contains. So when people mention cases where a Gurdwara was vandalized or even if people have Gurbani tattooed or put on a kara etc. I don't see how anything can 'tarnish' it because its not the physical letters or the writing etc. Gurbani surpasses what is physical... it's the message that is contained within it and that can not ever be tarnished. And that message to me is spiritual.

There are many people however who only extract meaning from it that pertains to the physical world, and interpret merging with the creator to mean more as merging with creation... or just simply living in harmony with nature and all the rest of humankind etc. And interpret 'joons' etc as different aspects of human psyche, and reincarnation as just reliving bad experiences in this one phsyical life etc.

I am not saying that their interpretation is wrong... just that I think it contains multiple levels of meaning that pertain to BOTH this physical life AND that also pertain to the spiritual. Hence, it contains aspects of both miri and piri. Itself is the embodiment of both nirgun and sargun... having physical form and containing a message (nonphysical) The message itself also echoes of both - a meaning that can be applied to the (physical) life to live in harmony with nature etc. and also a spiritual message in the same words, describing how to overcome the cycle of (physical) births and merge back with the creator (nonphysical).

I know there are some here who only see one or the other though... and that's what this thread was about... and I am not solely on either side of the coin as you can see... I'm actually on both.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Ji!

And I totally agree... in fact, it is not the physical pages that we marvel at, nor the binding, or even the writing itself. What makes Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji special is the message it contains. So when people mention cases where a Gurdwara was vandalized or even if people have Gurbani tattooed or put on a kara etc. I don't see how anything can 'tarnish' it because its not the physical letters or the writing etc. Gurbani surpasses what is physical... it's the message that is contained within it and that can not ever be tarnished. And that message to me is spiritual.

There are many people however who only extract meaning from it that pertains to the physical world, and interpret merging with the creator to mean more as merging with creation... or just simply living in harmony with nature and all the rest of humankind etc. And interpret 'joons' etc as different aspects of human psyche, and reincarnation as just reliving bad experiences in this one phsyical life etc.

I am not saying that their interpretation is wrong... just that I think it contains multiple levels of meaning that pertain to BOTH this physical life AND that also pertain to the spiritual. Hence, it contains aspects of both miri and piri. Itself is the embodiment of both nirgun and sargun... having physical form and containing a message (nonphysical) The message itself also echoes of both - a meaning that can be applied to the (physical) life to live in harmony with nature etc. and also a spiritual message in the same words, describing how to overcome the cycle of (physical) births and merge back with the creator (nonphysical).

I know there are some here who only see one or the other though... and that's what this thread was about... and I am not solely on either side of the coin as you can see... I'm actually on both.

exactly...

there are so many verses that guided me when my focus was primarily on creation, or on the physical...

as my attention grew towards the spiritual, and looking within oneself...those same verses also gave me insight into this 'layer'

that's why i always re-read over and over because the jewels keep manifesting...

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Guru Fateh to all.

I was checking the old posts in this thread and found my own which was not meant to be written like that.

I have no idea why do we feel the need to label someone about their path as a Sikh, a seeker?

It should have said,"I have no idea why do we feel the need to label someone about their path because all Sikhs are seekers in their own ways"?

My apologies.

Tejwant Singh

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Guru Fateh to All.

I have responded to Ek Ong Kaar Khalsa on Sikhnet. It turned out to be a much longer,3 part response than I had initially thought.

Those interested, please check it out on Sikhnet and do not be afraid to pitch in here about it:

http://www.sikhnet.com/news/anand-sahib-spiritual-maturity-first-pauree

Thanks

Tejwant Singh
Tejwant Jee

I have gone through interpretation of S. Amar Pal Singh and Ek Ong Kaar Khalsa on first pauree of Anand Sahib and your subsequent response to Ek Ong Kaar Khalsa. I am a little fish in between the great scholars but was not happy on understanding meaning of 'meri maey' as my mother and 'pariah' as 'heavenly entities' though gurbani clearly points out 'mata matt' , thus 'meri maey' means mine intellect and not guru's intellect and 'raag rattan pariah parvaar' on page 351 further elobarates 'parivar pariah' carries the divine message from nijhghar 'parivar' body organs through 'pariah' to breed goodness i.e. through almost invisible tiny veins, cavalries in their whims. You will notice gurbani has even given us meaning of 'parivar' through this pankti, 'ja tis bhana ta jamia parivar bhala paeya when one accepts the divine intellect then he gives birth to a body of manh, which becomes his family. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 921.3, otherwise we know birth of Sri Chand in guru's house.

I am further not able to pick up, 'By meditating on this first Pauree of the Anand Sahib, the imprint can come. By reciting it a minimum of 11 times a day, it has the capacity to rewrite your relationship with your first teacher, your mother, and realign the foundation of your life.' Are we reducing the gurbani to mantra.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
ਰਾਗ ਰਤਨ ਪਰਵਾਰ ਪਰੀਆ ਸਬਦ ਗਾਵਣ ਆਈਆ ॥
Rāg raṯan parvār parī▫ā sabaḏ gāvaṇ ā▫ī▫ā

paria= beautiful lady singers singing in praise (Non-spiritual)
paria= heavenly angels from the divine singing the praises (Spiritual)

some of us may have heard the songs from both realms !!:peacesign:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
And I totally agree... in fact, it is not the physical pages that we marvel at, nor the binding, or even the writing itself. What makes Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji special is the message it contains. So when people mention cases where a Gurdwara was vandalized or even if people have Gurbani tattooed or put on a kara etc. I don't see how anything can 'tarnish' it because its not the physical letters or the writing etc. Gurbani surpasses what is physical... it's the message that is contained within it and that can not ever be tarnished. And that message to me is spiritual.

I do believe in everything you have written above, I also think we are getting bogged down in words, clearly I have an aversion to the word spiritual.

To me spiritual conjures up images of folks with their eyes closed, a blissful look on face, lost in some deep world, maybe lost in some deep connection. Now for anyone that struggles with this type of connection, (like me), that connection can only come from interaction with Creation, at no point have I lauded this as the only and correct way to connect, far from it, in every aspect of my life, from attitude, dress, social interaction, I seem to shy away from the herd, to want to do it in my own way, a heretic, an oddball, however it does bring to light the very (in my opinion) nucleus of Sikhism, truthful living. For me this manifests itself by way of giving, my time, my money, my energy, and at times, possibly my very life, although I am still here!

We are all products of our environment, of our past, of our living, I have spent too many periods of my life doped out, existing in a haze of maya, that for me, interaction with Creation, full on, with no thought of the self, the consequences, is the only way, I would actually concede that my complete lack of spirituality, is also on a complete par with my attitude to life in general, I give the same attention that I give to the health of my mind (spirituality), to my appearance, my physical health, my death, I exist only to serve Creator and Creation, thats it, end. It is quite a lop sided existence, but suitable for a madman. SPNadmin once wrote to me and warmly said that if I wished to live my life with one arm tied to one leg, that was my choice, but one day, I would see the sense in untying myself. I suppose what I am attempting to put across is that the way I live is for me only, I would never ever advocate it for another.

just that I think it contains multiple levels of meaning that pertain to BOTH this physical life AND that also pertain to the spiritual.

I absolutely agree

I am not saying that their interpretation is wrong.

well if your talking about me, I would not say my interpretation is absolute or spot on, it works for me, given where I am at present, but I am denying myself huge tracts of spirituality possibly due to aversion.

just that I think it contains multiple levels of meaning that pertain to BOTH this physical life AND that also pertain to the spiritual

I think on reflection your probably correct

Hence, it contains aspects of both miri and piri. Itself is the embodiment of both nirgun and sargun... having physical form and containing a message (nonphysical) The message itself also echoes of both - a meaning that can be applied to the (physical) life to live in harmony with nature etc. and also a spiritual message in the same words, describing how to overcome the cycle of (physical) births and merge back with the creator (nonphysical).

Now this just bores me, but that is my issue and my fault, while I was reading it, some chap walked in and has lost his facebook log in, I find myself reluctantly helping, I don't want to help, I have got a million things to do today, but it gets booked in, for a nominal charge, he leaves happy and relieved, I just look at the mountain of laptops that have all come in for favours, the people that wander in and want to chat, have a cup of tea, talk about problems, it is in fact, for me anyway, payback time, I spent years raping Creation, taking everything from it, abusing it, and now its time to set the balance straight, I have many many years left of restoring that balance, of putting enough back in that I can move on again, you guys, you are the free, all options are open to you, I on the other hand am in self imposed slavery to Creator and Creation, its possibly the only thing that keeps me sane. I am simply not ready for self improvement or enlightenment, for the moment anyway.

I wished to make my position clear, I think spirituality is a huge part of Sikhism, it is a workout for the brain, but it ( i feel) should be carried out very carefully, and with the warnings of our Gurus ringing in our ears, and in a manner that is in line with Sikh thinking and philosophy. Or you could be just like me and not bother at all!

What I do believe in is Gurparsad, when the time is right for me to shake of these shackles, then yes, by the grace of Creator, I will be able to embrace your thoughts and line of thinking, till then, I am going to munch on another doughnut, down a large energy drink, and try and give back today a small part of what I have had from Creation over the years. It really is the only thing that keeps me sane, giving, being truthful, attempting to keep my mind clean, trying to do the right thing, trying not to ignore when Creation asks for you to stand up and help, its a beautiful day here, the sugar is kicking in, the thieves are silent, after being so many things, a drunk, druggie, womaniser, etc etc, its nice to be a Sikh in the only way that I can., to make a difference, and to hope that one day, I get the connection from both angles, miri and piri.

I hope that explains my stand

Nov 14, 2008
Sat sri akaal to All 0:) ,

i was travelling ,so unable to post my reply .

Tejwant ji
"Soul is also Biblical Pollen that in my opinion we should get rid of. Many people define Soul/Spirit in Gurmukhi as "AATMA"/ਆਤਮਾ and the interesting part is that it is only used 12 times in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji that too twice in two Shabads, which means it is used only in 10 Shabads in the whole Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji of 1429 pages"

First of all "Soul" predates Bible and one can find its mentioned in Pre Historic eastern Scripture .

and Tejwant ji why are so obsessed with ginti-minti ? even if its mentioned once in one shabad that does n't makes it less important . in your initial post you denied its nowhere mentioned in Gurbani .

and i really liked the response of Ek ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa ji to you ! i wanna share that
This is a journey that I take every day - learning and growing. I respect that people see Gurbani in very different lights, and I would never say one way is right and one way is wrong. I truly believe that everyone finds what they need in the Guru Granth Sahib. That is part of what makes the Guru Granth Sahib a True Guru. Not a book, or a scripture, but a Living Teacher. Everyone finds there what they need.

For whatever reason, this is what I have found

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Sat sri akaal to All 0:) ,

i was travelling ,so unable to post my reply .

Tejwant ji
"Soul is also Biblical Pollen that in my opinion we should get rid of. Many people define Soul/Spirit in Gurmukhi as "AATMA"/ਆਤਮਾ and the interesting part is that it is only used 12 times in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji that too twice in two Shabads, which means it is used only in 10 Shabads in the whole Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji of 1429 pages"

First of all "Soul" predates Bible and one can find its mentioned in Pre Historic eastern Scripture .

and Tejwant ji why are so obsessed with ginti-minti ? even if its mentioned once in one shabad that does n't makes it less important . in your initial post you denied its nowhere mentioned in Gurbani .

and i really liked the response of Ek ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa ji to you ! i wanna share that
This is a journey that I take every day - learning and growing. I respect that people see Gurbani in very different lights, and I would never say one way is right and one way is wrong. I truly believe that everyone finds what they need in the Guru Granth Sahib. That is part of what makes the Guru Granth Sahib a True Guru. Not a book, or a scripture, but a Living Teacher. Everyone finds there what they need.

For whatever reason, this is what I have found

I agree whole-heartedly,

when we start to reduce the significance of certain words just because they haven't been used that often in Gurbani, then we have started to pick and chose what we like\agree with within Gurbani..

either we accept it as the complete truth or we don't..if i find reference to something only once in Gurbani, then Guru Ji found it to be significant...therefore i must also...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I do however sincerely believe that continued intrusion from other religions that encourage practices our Gurus frowned on, is possibly the worst insult to them and to Sikhism.

To that end I have little time for the writings of anyone who feels that it is acceptable to dress Sikhism up as a cure for all, depending on the time you get up or the mantra that you chant.

More power to Tejwantji for having the time and energy to debate with such people...

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Contrary to the belief of almost all religions that once baby is conceived, within four or six weeks, God injects the atma and upon death the atma leaves the body, gurbani is only concerned about spiritual death and birth. It does not talk what is un-important for us to live truthful life. On the contrary it tells us, 'ਮਤੁ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਵਦਾ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਮੁਇਆਸੁ ॥ don't think by taking biological birth we have taken birth and are alive, we are dead, we are still animal wrapped in human skin, 'ਪਸੂ ਮਾਣਸ ਚੰਮਿ ਪਲੇਟੇ ਅੰਦਰਹੁ ਕਾਲਿਆ ॥. Our real birth is, ' ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਜਨਮੇ ਗਵਨੁ ਮਿਟਾਇਆ ॥ when we accept and wear robe of divine wisdom and as such stop negative and evil deeds.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Contrary to the belief of almost all religions that once baby is conceived, within four or six weeks, God injects the atma and upon death the atma leaves the body, gurbani is only concerned about spiritual death and birth. It does not talk what is un-important for us to live truthful life. On the contrary it tells us, 'ਮਤੁ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਵਦਾ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਮੁਇਆਸੁ ॥ don't think by taking biological birth we have taken birth and are alive, we are dead, we are still animal wrapped in human skin, 'ਪਸੂ ਮਾਣਸ ਚੰਮਿ ਪਲੇਟੇ ਅੰਦਰਹੁ ਕਾਲਿਆ ॥. Our real birth is, ' ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਜਨਮੇ ਗਵਨੁ ਮਿਟਾਇਆ ॥ when we accept and wear robe of divine wisdom and as such stop negative and evil deeds.

I totally agree with you here... just look what we as humans have been doing to each other, to the planet, to animals... we are actually WORSE than animals, who at least act purely on instinct. We do these things by will...

And I am not perfect... I have hurt others in my life... I was not always vegetarian etc. I now try my best to help others, I do not condone any harsh treatment to animals, I do not eat meat because it is not necessary (but if it were to survive, then as long as the animal was not needlessly made to suffer), I volunteer as a medical responder at local events helping people at their worst sometimes (usually that means drunk at concerts etc, but a person who is inbjured or ill is the same - regardless of their poor choice to beocme inebriated) As a result I have been bleed on, puked on, swung at by drunks, yelled at, and I still volunteer to do this because a few times it actually mattered (a heart attack one time and a diabetic with dangerously low BG level and close to coma). My heart actually hurts when I see animals mistreated, and I have cried at seeing images from war torn conflict areas.

Yes I believe in the spiritual aspect of Gurbani, but I never disregard the physical aspect of it either. I try to balance them. I do meditate - naam simran... because it helps me deal with all the above.

And even though I see all the ugliness that we have caused in the world through our separation from the creator and duality, when I see images of absolute pristine beauty in a snow capped mountain with a blue green lake below and rainbows, and lush green forests... places largely untouched by humans, I can see the embodiment of the divine light.

I can also see it in the lady who volunteers at the hospital to rock premature babies, or knit them bonnets, or in the guy who collects used coats and hats / mittens and hands them out to the homeless in colder weather. I can see it in the soldier who risks his own life to pull an injured person off the field and out of danger. I can see it in the random acts of kindness that people do every day without even realizing... paying for a coffee for the person behind them, offering to help an elder across the street, bringing water to a city worker who is workign through near 40C heat, helping a child find their parents in a crowded amusement park when they got lost etc.

The divine light is shining everywhere if we just stop and look. And it is said that one small candle is all it takes to destroy darkness... we are all potential candles...

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Akasha ji thanks for a great post above. I realize you are scientifically inclined and so am I.

Let us hypothesize what Atma-Parmatma; Jyot-the Super Jyot; etc., can be considered as in practical terms.

1. Universe, the all encompassing of all with life, non-life and transformations from and to life..

• Remembering Earth cannot survive without the Universe which includes stars like our sun.
2. How it happened or happens to be, I will call it the eternal truth, the creator.
3. Coming down to Earth what we observe is Creation.
4. If we were to assign atma to the living then given our limited knowledge we can call it the gene pool.
  • I will go even as far as to say it is "Parmatma" but it is not limited to the earth but is rather part of the Universe as one truth "Parmatma".
5. How we get our atma becomes obvious.

• It is the gene pool truths and spark that let us come to be.
6. Our atma grows, moves sideways, up and down in interactions with all other atmas and creation. We become part of a functioning parmatma constellation.
7. In living we impinge upon other atmas as well as the parmatma plus all the transformational between life to non-life and vice versa.
8. Even we are all from one large pool or sarovar we are all small droplets with our own defining moments or characteristics.
9. Atmas continue, change, improve, degrade and everything else.
10. Even changed atmas may one day create the same spark or create similar seed atma (the spark) that perhaps existed many generations or centuries ago.
11. This is not re-incarnation in terms of identical but a seed that may be quite similar between two bodies.
12. New forms of life will continuously create as parmatma is a work in progress and will always be as long as there is life in the universe.
13. As you have mentioned in your post and I have also stated same in many posts and so have others that as soon as you start seeing the you in others (3HO slogan), or you part of all that is around you whether life or non-life, you have realized parmatma.
14. In terms of the creator, since we know so little and are capable of only knowing so little, less we say the better.
15. We can definitely observe, as our Guru ji have stated in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, some from what we know in human terms. Say the "mool mantar" is a classic and stark illustration of that.
16. We also need to recognize the wisdom of our Guru ji in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, where they continuously warn us against endeavoring to know all as it just is not possible being humans of limitations.

Any comments or corrections I always welcome.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Close your eyes and listen, open your eyes and see the following is not Gurbani but just another recording of atama and parmatma in action ;)

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kYFjg-canyM?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant Jee

I have gone through interpretation of S. Amar Pal Singh and Ek Ong Kaar Khalsa on first pauree of Anand Sahib and your subsequent response to Ek Ong Kaar Khalsa. I am a little fish in between the great scholars but was not happy on understanding meaning of 'meri maey' as my mother and 'pariah' as 'heavenly entities' though gurbani clearly points out 'mata matt' , thus 'meri maey' means mine intellect and not guru's intellect and 'raag rattan pariah parvaar' on page 351 further elobarates 'parivar pariah' carries the divine message from nijhghar 'parivar' body organs through 'pariah' to breed goodness i.e. through almost invisible tiny veins, cavalries in their whims. You will notice gurbani has even given us meaning of 'parivar' through this pankti, 'ja tis bhana ta jamia parivar bhala paeya when one accepts the divine intellect then he gives birth to a body of manh, which becomes his family. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 921.3, otherwise we know birth of Sri Chand in guru's house.

I am further not able to pick up, 'By meditating on this first Pauree of the Anand Sahib, the imprint can come. By reciting it a minimum of 11 times a day, it has the capacity to rewrite your relationship with your first teacher, your mother, and realign the foundation of your life.' Are we reducing the gurbani to mantra.

Sahni ji,

Guru Fateh.

If you had read her response, you would have noticed that between her and our only Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, she has a demigod called Yogi Bhajan whose shenanigans I am quite familiar with but this is not the place nor the the time about them. I have no inclination to respond to her because it is not worth it.

My whole idea of interacting with her was not to challenge her interpretation but about her mindset and she fell right into it, while talking about her "Broker" to Ik Ong Kaar, Yogi Bhajan.

Once I asked Yogi about the mistranslation of Soch-Su_ch in the the second Pauri of Jap that he claimed as "Thinking" rather than as "Purity" as in the Hindu mindset by taking dips- Teeraths which in the 6th Pauri Guru Nanak also rejected. He told me that I was right but as he had been saying "Thinking" to these goreis and gorieans for so many years, it is impossible for him to say anything else but "thinking". So, this is the way Yogi approached the business model of 3HO which btw is a very successful entity. Its security branch called Akal Security has gotten billions of dollars in US government contracts. The people who were responsible for his very successful cereal business based in Oregon became monas immediately after his death and took over the company which went to the court and eventually got sold to another company.

Bibi ji, Yogi's wife was trying to get trademark for "Yogi Tea", the spring board of all his businesses for herself because Yogi had left everything to the trust. She was successful in it and has lent the name to a multinational.

For me, 3HO is a business model where they use Sikhi Baana as a bait to attract people in their pyramid scheme of self employed start ups like Herballife and others but they have one leg up on others. They sell all those Haldi-Turmeric-capsules and other things after they have trained people to parrot in order to set up shops for "Kundalini Yoga & Meditation" as the integral parts of Sikhi and with their Baana. This is the saddest part of all this is that it is all done as part of Sikhi which is not only false but also very misleading. But, they are making use of Sikhi and raking millions as many derababas in India and in other countries.

3HO is like the Mormon church. Both are business models and both have demigods that people worship and both of these demigods were famous for their lecherous habits.

Neither of them have anything to do with breeding goodness within.

Thanks for taking the time to read on Sikhnet.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Nov 14, 2008
Sahni ji,

Guru Fateh.

If you had read her response, you would have noticed that between her and our only Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, she has a demigod called Yogi Bhajan whose shenanigans I am quite familiar with but this is not the place nor the the time about them. I have no inclination to respond to her because it is not worth it.

My whole idea of interacting with her was not to challenge her interpretation but about her mindset and she fell right into it, while talking about her "Broker" to Ik Ong Kaar, Yogi Bhajan.

Once I asked Yogi about the mistranslation of Soch-Su_ch in the the second Pauri of Jap that he claimed as "Thinking" rather than as "Purity" as in the Hindu mindset by taking dips- Teeraths which in the 6th Pauri Guru Nanak also rejected. He told me that I was right but as he had been saying "Thinking" to these goreis and gorieans for so many years, it is impossible for him to say anything else but "thinking". So, this is the way Yogi approached the business model of 3HO which btw is a very successful entity. Its security branch called Akal Security has gotten billions of dollars in US government contracts. The people who were responsible for his very successful cereal business based in Oregon became monas immediately after his death and took over the company which went to the court and eventually got sold to another company.

Bibi ji, Yogi's wife was trying to get trademark for "Yogi Tea", the spring board of all his businesses for herself because Yogi had left everything to the trust. She was successful in it and has lent the name to a multinational.

For me, 3HO is a business model where they use Sikhi Baana as a bait to attract people in their pyramid scheme of self employed start ups like Herballife and others but they have one leg up on others. They sell all those Haldi-Turmeric-capsules and other things after they have trained people to parrot in order to set up shops for "Kundalini Yoga & Meditation" as the integral parts of Sikhi and with their Baana. This is the saddest part of all this is that it is all done as part of Sikhi which is not only false but also very misleading. But, they are making use of Sikhi and raking millions as many derababas in India and in other countries.

3HO is like the Mormon church. Both are business models and both have demigods that people worship and both of these demigods were famous for their lecherous habits.

Neither of them have anything to do with breeding goodness within.

Thanks for taking the time to read on Sikhnet.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant ji

Your idea of starting Anand sahib interpretation was more constructive than above rant .

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Ambarsaria Ji,

I don't think atma is simply our genes... unless our genes are the 'I AM' that exists within us.

Within every human being (and likely all the animals and even plants to a much lesser degree... animals are certainly aware but do not think in the way we do about where we came from, which is why SGGS says this is our chance to meet the creator...only in human form do we possess high enough consciousness to do so) Anyway within us there is an experiencer... the nonphysical bit of us that is the one who is actually experiencing, thinking, reflecting, contemplating and posing the question "who am I and why am I here?". It's not the genes as genes can be replicated in a pitre dish and I highly doubt they are aware. Similarly, it's not the brain either, as neuroscientists have searched for the seat of consciousness since the inception of neuroscience, and have yet to find it. Sure the brain assists with calculation, perception, association etc. but there still needs to 'someone' who initiates those processes. Strange is the fact that every 7 years or so, you have an entirely new brain due to cell death and regeneration. Yet, you continue to be the same 'I AM'. That part of us exists somewhere outside of the phsyical...

I think of genes as blueprints, the body as the building (temple) and the soul is the one dwelling within the temple and who is aware.

atma (being) can reflect on both the spiritual level as that part of you which is you... the soul or the essence... the 'I AM' for lack of a better word... and also in the physical.

Similarly, paramatma is both... since God is both Creator AND Creation, formless and with thousands of forms, separate and yet pervading everything.... then paramatma would be the formless all encompasing Unity of the Creator, and also the total sum of everything in form as well in both the spiritual 'soul or nonphysical' sense AND the physical (as in prior to the Big Bang when everything was condensed into ONE).

But the physical level is not all there is... true, we can never know or understand the wonders of the Creator, but we can experience on a small level the spirituality... we can glimpse into that state. Just because we don't understand something does not mean we should ignore it.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant ji

Your idea of starting Anand sahib interpretation was more constructive than above rant .

Harmanpreet,

I am not at all appalled at your rudeness but my question is why are you so rude? Where does this rudeness in you sprout from?

We always have disagreements here but there are ways to express them in a constructive manner.

Please give it a go the next time.

Regarding Anand's interpretation, I am a bit busy this week so I would request you to start the first Pauri and we will all pitch in with your help.

Your contribution would be highly appreciated. Will be eagerly waiting for it because it is a collective endeavour from all of us here at SPN.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Tejwant Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM