• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Dasam Darbar - New Mexico

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
http://www.dasamdarbar.comIn Honor of Sahib Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj in the Roop of the Siri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji the Sikh Sangat of Espanola New Mexico are in the process of preparing a Guru Ghar for the Siri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This Dasam Darbar will serve the Sikh Sangat in learning and experiencing the essence of the Tenth Master as well as training in the Martial Traditions of Gatka and Shastar Vidiya. Two Buildings have been allocated for service to the Dasam Guru Granth Ji. One will be the Dasam Darbar and one will be the Altar for and storage of the Shastars.

Included in this sacred space we will have a training ground prepared just in front of both buildings where all those who wish to learn can attend Martial Arts classes in the presence of the Shakti of the Tenth Master, The Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

The grounds will also be home to a Shirdai preparation station. We will instal a large marble Palbatta and part of our practice will be to prepare Shirdai in the tradition of the Khalsa Fauj.

-----

PS: What is this Shirdai and Palbatta?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
There is NO SUCH THING as a SRI Dasam GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI and NO SIKH Gurdwara can have Parkash of any other GURU than the SGGS as SIKHS have ONLY ONE GURU.
The Tenth Guur passed on the Gurgaddee of Nanak to SGGS....thus there is none other except PRETENDERS to the Gurgadee as was also the case of Baba Sri Chand..baba mohan, Baba Prtihi Chand, Bab Meharvaan, baba hundali, baba Ram rai and so on and so on...BUT the REAL and Only GURU was always recognised from Guru Anagd Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji..so is the SGGS recognised as the One and ONLY Authentic claimant to the Gurghadee of Guru nanak-Guru gobind Singh Ji.

ONE Akal Purakh..ONE GURU...ONE GRANTH.......NO DUALITY....NO DUBHIDHA...NO MAYA JAAL....

http://khalsanews.org/articles/Read&Identify.pdf read why the dsm granth can never equal the SGGS even if its JUST for "parkash" purposes .

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
My question still stands:

What is this Shirdai and Palbatta?

If you look at my link to the FB conversation, it all looks unclear what they are upto. But I think they are beating everyone, by having a 'darbar' with just Dasam Granth.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
My question still stands:

What is this Shirdai .....?
The following extracted from another site,

The first step of preparing Shaheedi Degh is obtaining five ingredients, Badaam (Almonds),Cuss Cuss (dried Poppy Seeds), Kali Mirch (Black Pepper), Green Ilechi (green Cardamon) and hand picked marijuana leaves. Within the Akali Nihang Dals they will not use almonds cracked by anybody else. They must be cracked fresh by the 'Sukhi Singh' - (The bringer of Happiness Singh, The Nihang that prepares the Sukha)................The Sukhi Singhs must take an Ishnaan before they commence the preparation of Shaheedi Degh. More Satkaar is given to Shaheedi Degh than is given to the Karah Prashaad in any Western Gurdwara Sahib.

All five ingredients are placed into the Snheri (Golden Vessels, refers to the stone mortar), the Sukhi Singh adds a little fresh water and begins to perform ragrha ( circling movement) with the Slotr (heavy wooden club). This is done until all the ingredients have been reduced to a green thick paste. Throughout the preparation of Shaheedi Degh the Sukhi Singhs must have their mouths covered and their minds on Gurbani or the Gurmantar. This is vital to the preparation of Shaheedi Degh, only when Gurbani is on the lips of the Singhs preparing it does it become true Shaheehi Degha. Only then is it blessed by Shaheed Singhs.
One wonders how they will do the red colored stuff legally. peacesign

Search for "Shardaaee" to get some nice pictures from original site.

I think Batta is just like a utensil made from sarb loh. Pal I don't know of Palbatta.

161495.jpg

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Somewhere inside I was afraid of that only :|

So they will be making the Sukh Nidhan. And if they call it Shaheedi Degh, I wonder if those who drink it would go out and attain Shaheedi to fulfill its purpose!

More Satkaar is given to Shaheedi Degh than is given to the Karah Prashaad in any Western Gurdwara Sahib.

That makes sense!

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Somewhere inside I was afraid of that only :|

So they will be making the Sukh Nidhan. And if they call it Shaheedi Degh, I wonder if those who drink it would go out and attain Shaheedi to fulfill its purpose!

That makes sense!
Kanwaljit Singh ji who knows? By the way I used to have Shardaee without the leaves in our house as an energy drink that was supposed to give you a cooling feeling. I did not like the taste.

May be in 50 years this will be as common as Coca-Cola when it had real cocaine at the beginning lol. West is always late in catching wisdom and cuisine of the East.

sat Sri Akal.

sukritkaur

SPNer
Dec 19, 2011
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Mr. Kanwaljit Singh Ji these people have become really shady over the years. Their practices are really odd. They are in full Bana and do Nitnem, they also send their children to India to learn about Sikhi however their tendencies to try and fuse yogi practices with Sikhi bother me and the fact that they do Rehan Sabais and Camps specifically during winter and summer solstices, try to preach the acquarian age is just too much. Here is the facebook of an ex-3HO Sikh who exposes them: http://www.facebook.com/gursant

Their rationale for calling the Dasam Granth as the Dasam Guru Granth is that the Nihangs Singhs regard it as much and they are following suit. I spent over two weeks researching these guys after I saw one 3HO sikh preaching the acquarian age last year and their practices appall me just as much as the fake destructive sects and deras of India.

Here's a video where the Chardikala Jatha (the only 3HO Sikhs I marginally respect), they've done Kirtan in the UK and in India, notably Harimandar Sahib talks about the Dasam "Guru" Granth

History of the Sri Dasam Granth - YouTube
Here's what they said about the Sarb Loh Granth
Chandi Di Var & Sri Sarb Loh Granth - YouTube
I don't know much about either bodies of text and have yet to read them, but if anyone does have any information about either, please inform the sangat

WJKK WJKP,
Sukrit Kaur

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I too really laud the effort of Sikhnet and Chardi Kala Jatha. I hope they see the Truth of Gurbani and leave things like Aquarian Age behind. Even if they want to preach Yoga, why not preach it within the confines of Sikhi. Talking about an Aquarian age is something fictional made up for 'selling' Yoga.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Aquarius stuff so goes with that part of USA. The flower children, hippies, cults, etc. Listen to the following,

Aquarius (Let the Sunshine in) - YouTube

Song: Aquarius (Let the Sunshine in)
By: The Fifth Dimension
I do not own this song
also can be heard from the musical "Hair"
Lyrics:
When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius!
Aquarius!
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

[Instrumental and tempo shift]

Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in

[Continue to end with concurrent scat]

Oh, let it shine, c'mon
Now everybody just sing along
Let the sun shine in
Open up your heart and let it shine on in
When you are lonely, let it shine on
Got to open up your heart and let it shine on in
And when you feel like you've been mistreated
And your friends turn away

Just open your heart, and shine it on in

Sat Sri Akal.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sukrit kaur Ji..
Your fears are real...

at first a "tumour" is just a tiny lump....seemingly harmless...and the careless let it grow...but then some may get a little worred about it and go for a "test" biopsy... while others still careless...and THEN suddenly it shows its true colours...CANCER....and then some may wake up and go for chemo...surgery..etc..BUT others still careless....and the cancer then takes over..and the Healthy Body dies...BUT in our case..the KHALSA BODY is in the HUKM of Akal Purakh and wont die unless and until HE WILLS it....no matter how many cancers invade us...

sukritkaur

SPNer
Dec 19, 2011
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Pyare Gyani Ji,
Your analogies are always on point. I'm not sure if you've had the chance to watch the videos where the Chardi Kala Jatha speak about the Dasam Granth, I was just wondering if you can tell me if what they are saying about Nihang singhs believing and approving of having prakash of Dasam Granth is accurate?
They even claim that the Nihang Singhs believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Dasam Granth as being equal!
I am not saying that these 3HO sikhs are wrong in how they do their Nitnem or do Kitran or how they live their lives. It is their constant attempts to re-define Sikhi whether i is via tantric yoga/ yogic mythology, trying to do prakash of Dasam Granth, following Sikhi word by word as per their Yogi's teachings(whose credibility is questionable at best) is what vexes me.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sukrit kaur Bhen ji,
They are all part and parcel of the 3HO Spectrum...on one side of the Bar..the "lighter" colours indicate more SRM/SGGS....and LESS aquarious/yoga/tantric/numerology/blah baklh blah and dg....and on the Far side of the same Bar..are the DEEP RED Colours..indicating minute SGGS/SRM and majority nihung/sukhs nidhaan/marijuana/bhang/tantric/yoga/jantar mantars/numerology/dg/etc etc etc...and IN BETWEEN..various shades of colour...

The entire 3HO structure based on Yogi harbhajan is based on SAND partciles of Yogaism, baba sri Chandism..aquarious, numerology astrology etc etc..and very MINUTE stuff from SGGS/Gurmatt. OUTWARDLY they SHINE....and Guru nanak ji mentions this SHINE as OOJAL KEHA CHILKANNA !!..but INWARDLY the GURMATT FOUNDATION is weak...
Strictly my own personal opinion...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bs Cheema Ji,
That kathawachak..started off at Bar Level 1..110% SRM and SGGS Gurmatt....alog the way the PTC guys, badal and carrot of Akal Takhat jathedari dangled in the air...and he has slipped towards the Levels Upwards...now may be around 5....a little bit of srm and a little bit of sggs and a little bit of gurmatt sprinkled or spiced with a little bit of fairy tales the Babas usually tell us...hes obviously trying to bridge the gulf between the Dera babas and SRM to achieve title of "UNITY Candidate"...He was asked what do you thi:interestedkudi:nk about SRM in most SGPC Gurdwaras..His answer....;we will see when the time comes.. !!

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Today after a program at local Gurudwara, a committee member said that the visiting Raagis feel they are forced to not put forth their Gurmat views by the Sangat. He said all Raagis should also do Gurmat Vichar with full independence as long as it is in line with Sri Guru Granth Sahib. I guess some people may have asked him not to bring about issue of 'Sikhs with hair cut' as majority of people in the sangat are non-keshdharis.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: