Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Arts/Society DAD at 13

Discussion in 'Language, Arts & Culture' started by kds1980, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Dad at 13 | Boy Alfie Patten, 13, becomes father of baby girl Maisie with girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15 | The Sun |News

[​IMG]

The shy lad, whose voice has not yet broken, said: “I thought it would be good to have a baby.

“I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.”

Little family ... Alfie, Chantelle and baby Maisie

Lee Thompson

Alfie, who is just 4ft tall, added: “When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react.

“I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.”

Alfie's story, broken exclusively by The Sun today has sparked a huge political storm with Tory leader David Cameron saying: "When I saw these pictures this morning, I just thought how worrying that in Britain today children are having children.

"I hope that somehow these children grow up into responsible parents but the truth is parenthood is just not something they should be thinking about right now."

2. Loading...