• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Crowning Welcome For Davinder Pal Singh

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
LUDHIANA: Davinder Pal Singh, who won millions of hearts though not the crown during the grand finale of a singing competition on national television, is nothing less than a star in the city. And that's how he was welcomed home after his successful outing to Mumbai, where he ended up as the runner-up of the reality show.

A huge crowd waited for the sweet-voiced youngster at Guru Nanak Public School, where he studies, giving him a rousing reception. A massive rally of his fans, friends and well-wishers accompanied him all the way to the celebrate his achievement of being the finalist in the closely-contested show.

As he entered the school gates, the band played in his honour and Davinder's friends and family stretched their necks to catch a glimpse.

School president Jasbir Singh, general secretary Surinder Singh and principal Mona Singh, along with students and staff members, welcomed the ever-beaming teenager.

"I am so glad to be back home. I have been missing my family, especially my mom," said Davinder, the only contestant on the show who did not face the "danger zone". Speaking to TOI, he said, "It's not about winning or losing... performing in front of the esteemed judges was itself an achievement. It was the love and votes of people who made me reach this far. I will miss the fun and the learning sessions during my journey there."

He added, "One of the most memorable moments was when Pt Jasraj gave me a standing ovation and when Asha 'tai' said 'Lataji' feels that the "chotte sardar" sings terrifically."

Addressing the crowd, Davinder thanked everybody for his making him reach to the top three. On public request, he sang, 'Laal meri'.

The general secretary promised Davinder that the school would sponsor his studies. The principal said, "Davinder is the winner for us no matter what."

Last edited:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Friends, school promise all help

TNN | Sep 4, 2012, 07.41AM IST

LUDHIANA: Commending Davinder Pal Singh's performance, his principal Mona Singh said: "He has set a perfect example for the students. It's a promise from the school's side that his studies won't be harmed." Class X student Ishneet Sodhi, along with her friends Navleen, Supreet, Ravneet and Avleen whooped out as Davinder came: "He is our idol, we are so proud of him that he came earning the honour of people throughout the nation." Varun Gautam, Harnoor, Bhavneet, Sukhman, Jaskirat and Samrath Singh are all geared to make party plans with their 'celebrity' friend and classmate.

"Apart from hearing his experiences, we will also help him with notes," said Varun Gautam of Haibowal Kalan. Davinder's proud mother Satnam Kaur, who was overwhelmed, said: "I have prepared his favourite dishes... "mattha" being his demand." Davinder is concentrating on Class XII exams and then plans to shift to Mumbai for his playback career.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM