Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

Corrupt Database- VB for App project

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by VBAgroupie, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. VBAgroupie

    VBAgroupie
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I've read thru all the previous threads on this problem and have tried the
    solutions. Unfortunately for me none of them are working. I'm getting the
    following error "The VB for Applications project in the database is corrupt".
    I made some changes to several form's code. I've tried unchecking the Name
    Autocorrect...it doesn't allow me, i get the above message instead. I've
    tried to compact and still get the error (it never lets me compact and
    repair). I've also tried to decompile outside of Access at the prompt. I
    get the error also when i try to import into a new database or if i try to
    open any of the code modules on a form. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks so much!
    --
    Thanks for the help!
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Politics Power Corrupts but It Also Plays with Your Mind Breaking News Sep 22, 2013
    India Corruption rate in India is double of global average Breaking News Jul 9, 2013
    Partition Corruption in the Punjab... History of Sikhism Mar 24, 2013
    Bant Singh - A real anti-corruption hero Inspirational Stories Feb 27, 2013
    India US report slams India on corruption, social violence Breaking News May 25, 2012

  3. Rick Wannall

    Rick Wannall
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I've only been bitten this hard once, and here's how I got out, but then I
    was lucky:

    I created a new empty MDB, as you've done. I imported only tables. Wrote
    some code to open each one in turn. When they checked out, I moved on to
    queries. Import all, write code to open each in turn. (Be careful not to
    open action queries in this way, only select queries.)

    I save what I had so far under a new name and returned to the one I was
    using for the imports. I started importing modules, a few at a time. When
    I hit the group that had the one that failed, I deleted that one, and
    continued on. Got all the modules. Luckily, doing forms a few at a time as
    well, I encountered no problems.

    I was absolutely unable to compact/repair and make any difference, or to
    import all objects at once and recover. I just imported piecemeal, leaving
    the dead one behind.

    I was also lucky in that I had lots of backups, so it was easy to dip back
    into history and get a copy of the affected module from before the problem
    and restore it to current version.

    Don't know if this will help you, but it's the only thing left that I know
    of.

    RW
     
  4. Pieter Wijnen

    Pieter Wijnen
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    there's also a few companies around that can fix (almost) anything

    Pieter


    "VBAgroupie" <VBAgroupie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:76491022-987E-4D38-B8CF-117B24C9F451@microsoft.com...
    > I've read thru all the previous threads on this problem and have tried the
    > solutions. Unfortunately for me none of them are working. I'm getting
    > the
    > following error "The VB for Applications project in the database is
    > corrupt".
    > I made some changes to several form's code. I've tried unchecking the
    > Name
    > Autocorrect...it doesn't allow me, i get the above message instead. I've
    > tried to compact and still get the error (it never lets me compact and
    > repair). I've also tried to decompile outside of Access at the prompt. I
    > get the error also when i try to import into a new database or if i try to
    > open any of the code modules on a form. Any help will be appreciated.
    > Thanks so much!
    > --
    > Thanks for the help!
     
  5. VBAgroupie

    VBAgroupie
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Rick, Thank you so much! I'll give that a try. Hopefully, I'll be as lucky
    as you.

    Natalie
    --
    Thanks for the help!


    "Rick Wannall" wrote:

    > I've only been bitten this hard once, and here's how I got out, but then I
    > was lucky:
    >
    > I created a new empty MDB, as you've done. I imported only tables. Wrote
    > some code to open each one in turn. When they checked out, I moved on to
    > queries. Import all, write code to open each in turn. (Be careful not to
    > open action queries in this way, only select queries.)
    >
    > I save what I had so far under a new name and returned to the one I was
    > using for the imports. I started importing modules, a few at a time. When
    > I hit the group that had the one that failed, I deleted that one, and
    > continued on. Got all the modules. Luckily, doing forms a few at a time as
    > well, I encountered no problems.
    >
    > I was absolutely unable to compact/repair and make any difference, or to
    > import all objects at once and recover. I just imported piecemeal, leaving
    > the dead one behind.
    >
    > I was also lucky in that I had lots of backups, so it was easy to dip back
    > into history and get a copy of the affected module from before the problem
    > and restore it to current version.
    >
    > Don't know if this will help you, but it's the only thing left that I know
    > of.
    >
    > RW
    >
    >
    >
     
  6. Rick Wannall

    Rick Wannall
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    You're very welcome.

    A correction: I said "When I hit the group that had the one that failed, I
    deleted that one". I should have said "When I hit the group that had the
    one that failed, imported one at a time until i found the one that failed,
    and then skipped that one." You can't delete something you can't import,
    naturally.

    Good luck!
     

Share This Page