• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Cooking In The Danger Zone-INDIA-Dalits

Jul 10, 2006
Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

I was watching a UK BBC program titled "Cooking in the Danger Zone" last night and was quite shocked and upset at what I saw.

Source: BBC NEWS | Programmes | This World | Cooking in the Danger Zone

Producer: Marc Perkins
Executive producer: Will Daws

INDIA
o.gif
_42522595_india203.jpg

Wednesday, 21 February, 2007
2030 GMT on BBC Four

In India Stefan visits some of the world's poorest and most oppressed people.
More than 160 million people in the country are classed as Dalits and are considered "Untouchable".

Tainted by their birth they enter a caste system that condemns them to an inescapable cycle of poverty, illiteracy and oppression.

Nowhere is this discrimination more evident than with food.
The "Untouchables" are not allowed to eat in the same places or even touch the same plates of other castes.

Stefan ventures to India's most lawless state, Bihar, to meet Dalits who work the land. He meets a particular sub-caste known as "Rat-Eaters" and joins them in the fields where they live up to their name: catching, roasting and eating rat.

But it is not only poverty and discrimination they face. Stefan tracks down an "upper caste army" whose aim is to keep the Dalits in their place, often violently attacking them.

Stefan then heads to India's "City of Dreams", Mumbai. Here he visits the city's most exclusive and expensive restaurant, to see at first hand India's rapidly expanding middle class with money to burn.

But he also sees another side to the city when he visits the largest slum in Asia, home to thousands of Dalits trying to find a way out of the caste discrimination.

He also meets Bale Rao, a Dalit who now works as a tiffinwala, delivering lunch-boxes on his bicycle to middle-class office workers around the city.

Why isnt anyone in India listening to Guru Nanak ji's teaching regarding caste?

I did a search on youtube and the first video I found was this !! Another shock!

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSdru59NVs
Bant Singh is a revolutionary singer in Punjab, India, whose 2 years old daughter was raped by upper caste men. When he sought justice, they cut of his limbs. But he can still sing, and in this video letter he expresses no self-pity.

Blog:
Punjab Dalit Solidarity: February 2006
"There are also several Dalit gurudwaras in Punjab, as the upper castes would not allow them to worship in others. As another character in Bhardwaj’s film says, “So many Gurus have come and gone but the Dalits are still where they were.”

A Sikh is a Sikh! Why do people still go on about being upper caste and believe in the caste system. And who are this so called upper caste Sikhs.

There should not even be a term such as an "upper caste Sikh"!! Disgraceful and shameful !!!!!!!!

Source:India: ‘Hidden Apartheid’ of Discrimination Against Dalits (Human Rights Watch, 13-2-2007)

"
On December 27, 2006 Manmohan Singh became the first sitting Indian prime minister to openly acknowledge the parallel between the practice of “untouchability” and the crime of apartheid. Singh described “untouchability” as a “blot on humanity” adding that “even after 60 years of constitutional and legal protection and state support, there is still social discrimination against Dalits in many parts of our country.”

“Prime Minister Singh has rightly compared ‘untouchability’ to apartheid, and he should now turn his words into action to protect the rights of Dalits,” said Professor Smita Narula, faculty director of the Center for Human Rights and Global Justice (CHRGJ) at New York University School of Law, and co-author of the report. “The Indian government can no longer deny its collusion in maintaining a system of entrenched social and economic segregation.” "

----------------------------------------

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

A Sikh is a Sikh! Why do people still go on about being upper caste and believe in the caste system. And who are this so called upper caste Sikhs.

There should not even be a term such as an "upper caste Sikh"!! Disgraceful and shameful !!!!!!!!

----

Respected Kaur-1 Ji,

Unfortunately this is everywhere.

Somebody told me yesterday- Our Gurdwara Sahib has a program where they train children to be better Sikhs.
And a person who is in his 60/70s was performing seva over there. He is clean-shaven. A kid of age 5/6 came to him and started yelling at him literally- ‘I hate you, because you do not wear a turban. I hate everybody who does not wear a turban.’
We found out that this is how he is being taught at his home. So he hates all those who do not wear a turban. This is his understanding of goodness.

There are several several parents who are doing this, think about how much hatred is in these parents and how these kids will be when they are grown.

And this is not the first time, we see this all the times in many many Gurdwaras.

Sometimes special treatment is given to who are rich, who donate a lot, and so on.
I heard in one Gurdwara Sahib this committee member did not let this old handicapped women sit in the Sangat, because she had to use a special chair to sit on(without even having an excuse of the height of the chair, because in that Gurdwara, Babaji’s Bir is placed at a very very high place, so that question can not be raised and to everybody’s surprise this Gurdwara has those special handicap entrances).

Equality, respecting others, has become a thing RARELY TO BE FOUND in Gurdwaras everywhere.

We need to encourage people to actually read Bani and understand it, Then live it.

This false understanding-Once we are AmritDhari-This is it, we got a license to Salvation, now we can do whatever-wrong or right, we are forgiven, we are accepted….

No understanding of Bani.
No living GuruJi’s Preachings.

And These pakhandi babas are Sone te Suhagaa.
Some of them even literally tell their followers Do not read Bani, it is all coded, you will not understand it, I will teach you the right way. My way is the only right way….

We need to wake up and wake others up as well.

Nov 29, 2006
GuruFateh

Its happening because .. we dont know what sikhism is..

What sikh is...
cn any body tell the meaning of sikh only..
what is sikh... what is the unique quality of sikh...
Answer should not be in accordance with ur mind... but should be according to gurubani

so please answer it.. and let us discover it again..

SVJKK SVJKF
Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

I was watching a UK BBC program titled "Cooking in the Danger Zone" last night and was quite shocked and upset at what I saw.

Source: BBC NEWS | Programmes | This World | Cooking in the Danger Zone

Producer: Marc Perkins
Executive producer: Will Daws

INDIA
o.gif
_42522595_india203.jpg

Wednesday, 21 February, 2007
2030 GMT on BBC Four

In India Stefan visits some of the world's poorest and most oppressed people.
More than 160 million people in the country are classed as Dalits and are considered "Untouchable".

Tainted by their birth they enter a caste system that condemns them to an inescapable cycle of poverty, illiteracy and oppression.

Nowhere is this discrimination more evident than with food.
The "Untouchables" are not allowed to eat in the same places or even touch the same plates of other castes.

Stefan ventures to India's most lawless state, Bihar, to meet Dalits who work the land. He meets a particular sub-caste known as "Rat-Eaters" and joins them in the fields where they live up to their name: catching, roasting and eating rat.

But it is not only poverty and discrimination they face. Stefan tracks down an "upper caste army" whose aim is to keep the Dalits in their place, often violently attacking them.

Stefan then heads to India's "City of Dreams", Mumbai. Here he visits the city's most exclusive and expensive restaurant, to see at first hand India's rapidly expanding middle class with money to burn.

But he also sees another side to the city when he visits the largest slum in Asia, home to thousands of Dalits trying to find a way out of the caste discrimination.

He also meets Bale Rao, a Dalit who now works as a tiffinwala, delivering lunch-boxes on his bicycle to middle-class office workers around the city.

I did a search on youtube and the first video I found was this !! Another shock!

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSdru59NVs
Bant Singh is a revolutionary singer in Punjab, India, whose 2 years old daughter was raped by upper caste men. When he sought justice, they cut of his limbs. But he can still sing, and in this video letter he expresses no self-pity.

Blog:
Punjab Dalit Solidarity: February 2006
"There are also several Dalit gurudwaras in Punjab, as the upper castes would not allow them to worship in others. As another character in Bhardwaj’s film says, “So many Gurus have come and gone but the Dalits are still where they were.”

Source:India: ‘Hidden Apartheid’ of Discrimination Against Dalits (Human Rights Watch, 13-2-2007)

"
On December 27, 2006 Manmohan Singh became the first sitting Indian prime minister to openly acknowledge the parallel between the practice of “untouchability” and the crime of apartheid. Singh described “untouchability” as a “blot on humanity” adding that “even after 60 years of constitutional and legal protection and state support, there is still social discrimination against Dalits in many parts of our country.”

“Prime Minister Singh has rightly compared ‘untouchability’ to apartheid, and he should now turn his words into action to protect the rights of Dalits,” said Professor Smita Narula, faculty director of the Center for Human Rights and Global Justice (CHRGJ) at New York University School of Law, and co-author of the report. “The Indian government can no longer deny its collusion in maintaining a system of entrenched social and economic segregation.” "

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
GuruFateh

Its happening because .. we dont know what sikhism is..

What sikh is...
cn any body tell the meaning of sikh only..
what is sikh... what is the unique quality of sikh...
Answer should not be in accordance with ur mind... but should be according to gurubani

so please answer it.. and let us discover it again..

SVJKK SVJKF

well my mind is not mine, it thinks and works Bani.

Sikh-sikh is a learner(a student totally faithful to the teacher-GURU JI)
a sincere student with proper conduct, listen to Guru's advice and Live it as well. one who learns from the Guru, belives it to be the TRUTH and spreads that truth among others by his/her own example. who uses his/her intellect as an instrument, who knows the perfect pleasure is in following his/her Guru's teachings.........(i can go on and on, i think i covered the basics)

you also asked for the reply to-
Originally Posted by sahilmakkar1983
GuruFateh Sarabjeet ji,

Yes, very true, Bani is great, and all the world is around Bani only,
Without Bani world cant exist.. Bani is within us.. The breathe that is going .. is because of Bani within us,
Bani is vibration, vibrating word... that is present in everybeing(all religion: hindu, muslim sikh christian)..
Yes this is true.. But m not taking the side of our Panth.. m not talking about reading the Bani.. again saying..
as this lines clearly tells that BANI is not what we are understanding...
but Bani is the power that is with in us... (SEE ORANGE lines)

and shabad about which here Gurubani is saying is also within us
and that SHABAD is BANI.
Please read the lines .. u will come to know BANI and SHABAD are one..
and within us. within our heart..
no need to speak from mouth... but we need to contemplate/meditate on the vibration that is already within us
ਸਚੇ ਭਗਤ ਸੋਹਹਿ ਦਰਵਾਰੇ ਸਚੋ ਸਚੁ ਵਖਾਣੇ ਰਾਮ
सचे भगत सोहहि दरवारे सचो सचु वखाणे राम ॥
sachay bhagat soheh darvaaray sacho sach vakhaanay raam.
The true devotees look beautiful in the Darbaar of the Lord's Court. They speak Truth, and only Truth.

ਘਟ ਅੰਤਰੇ ਸਾਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਾਚੋ ਆਪਿ ਪਛਾਣੇ ਰਾਮ
घट अंतरे साची बाणी साचो आपि पछाणे राम ॥
ghat antray saachee banee saacho aap pachhaanay raam.
Deep within the nucleus of their heart, is the True Word of the Lord's Bani. Through the Truth, they understand themselves.

ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਤਾ ਸਚੁ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਸਾਚੇ ਸੋਝੀ ਹੋਈ
आपु पछाणहि ता सचु जाणहि साचे सोझी होई ॥
aap pachhaaneh taa sach jaaneh saachay sojhee ho-ee.
They understand themselves, and so know the True Lord, through their true intuition.

ਸਚਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਸਚੀ ਹੈ ਸੋਭਾ ਸਾਚੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ
सचा सबदु सची है सोभा साचे ही सुखु होई ॥
sachaa sabad sachee hai sobhaa saachay hee sukh ho-ee.
True is the Shabad, and True is its Glory; peace comes only from Truth.

ਸਾਚਿ ਰਤੇ ਭਗਤ ਇਕ ਰੰਗੀ ਦੂਜਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਕੋਈ
साचि रते भगत इक रंगी दूजा रंगु न कोई ॥
saach ratay bhagat ik rangee doojaa rang na ko-ee.
Imbued with Truth, the devotees love the One Lord; they do not love any other.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਸ ਕਉ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਚੁ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਹੋਈ ॥੪॥੨॥੩॥
नानक जिस कउ मसतकि लिखिआ तिसु सचु परापति होई ॥४॥२॥३॥
naanak jis ka-o mastak likhi-aa tis sach paraapat ho-ee. ||4||2||3||
O Nanak, he alone obtains the True Lord, who has such pre-ordained destiny written upon his forehead.

SVJKK SVJKF

Bani speaks for itself, unless you want me to repeat what you are saying...what is your question??????

humbly requesting you to convey your understanding of what a sikh is.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2006

a sincere student with proper conduct, listen to Guru's advice and Live it as well. one who learns from the Guru, belives it to be the TRUTH and spreads that truth among others by his/her own example. who uses his/her intellect as an instrument, who knows the perfect pleasure is in following his/her Guru's teachings.........(i can go on and on, i think i covered the basics)

you also asked for the reply to-

Bani speaks for itself, unless you want me to repeat what you are saying...what is your question??????

humbly requesting you to convey your understanding of what a sikh is.........

UR lines are in blue
NOT PERFECTLY TRUE
CAN u put some GURUBANI which describes .. that these thoughts are from gurubani only..
a sincere student with proper conduct, listen to Guru's advice and Live it as well. one who learns from the Guru, belives it to be the TRUTH and spreads that truth among
Absolutely true

by his/her own example. who uses his/her intellect as an instrument
Near to FALSE

False I have written... sorry because Japji sahib says
LAKH SYANPA.. PAAVE HOVE...IK NA CHALE NAAL

Waiting for ur reply...

Nov 29, 2006
no need to speak from mouth... but we need to contemplate/meditate on the vibration that is already within us
ਸਚੇ ਭਗਤ ਸੋਹਹਿ ਦਰਵਾਰੇ ਸਚੋ ਸਚੁ ਵਖਾਣੇ ਰਾਮ
सचे भगत सोहहि दरवारे सचो सचु वखाणे राम ॥
sachay bhagat soheh darvaaray sacho sach vakhaanay raam.
The true devotees look beautiful in the Darbaar of the Lord's Court. They speak Truth, and only Truth.

ਘਟ ਅੰਤਰੇ ਸਾਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਾਚੋ ਆਪਿ ਪਛਾਣੇ ਰਾਮ
घट अंतरे साची बाणी साचो आपि पछाणे राम ॥
ghat antray saachee banee saacho aap pachhaanay raam.
Deep within the nucleus of their heart, is the True Word of the Lord's Bani. Through the Truth, they understand themselves.

ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਤਾ ਸਚੁ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਸਾਚੇ ਸੋਝੀ ਹੋਈ
आपु पछाणहि ता सचु जाणहि साचे सोझी होई ॥
aap pachhaaneh taa sach jaaneh saachay sojhee ho-ee.
They understand themselves, and so know the True Lord, through their true intuition.

ਸਚਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਸਚੀ ਹੈ ਸੋਭਾ ਸਾਚੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ
सचा सबदु सची है सोभा साचे ही सुखु होई ॥
sachaa sabad sachee hai sobhaa saachay hee sukh ho-ee.
True is the Shabad, and True is its Glory; peace comes only from Truth.

ਸਾਚਿ ਰਤੇ ਭਗਤ ਇਕ ਰੰਗੀ ਦੂਜਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਕੋਈ
साचि रते भगत इक रंगी दूजा रंगु न कोई ॥
saach ratay bhagat ik rangee doojaa rang na ko-ee.
Imbued with Truth, the devotees love the One Lord; they do not love any other.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਸ ਕਉ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਚੁ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਹੋਈ ॥੪॥੨॥੩॥
नानक जिस कउ मसतकि लिखिआ तिसु सचु परापति होई ॥४॥२॥३॥
naanak jis ka-o mastak likhi-aa tis sach paraapat ho-ee. ||4||2||3||
O Nanak, he alone obtains the True Lord, who has such pre-ordained destiny written upon his forehead.

YES MY DEAR FREND Please repeat the meaning of lines above
what u understand from it..
where is Bani...

SVJKK SVJKF

Last edited by a moderator:

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
UR lines are in blue
who uses his/her intellect as an instrument
Near to FALSE

False I have written... sorry because Japji sahib says
LAKH SYANPA.. PAAVE HOVE...IK NA CHALE NAAL

Waiting for ur reply...

first of all: you make your own opinions, no problems at all.....

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Nanak Sache Paatshah da hukam hai-

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib de Panna no. 350--

vwjw miq pKwvju Bwa]u
Make your intellect your instrument, and love your tambourine

so should a sikh, Guru Ji's student, follow Guru Ji or not??????????
does it matter what others think???????

Knowing the truth happens with Guru's grace only and to earn that grace you have to become Sachayra from within---

scu qw pru jwxIAY jw irdY scw hoie ]
kUV kI mlu auqrY qnu kry hCw Doie ]
scu qw pru jwxIAY jw sic Dry ipAwru ]
nwau suix mnu rhsIAY qw pwey moK duAwru ]
scu qw pru jwxIAY jw jugiq jwxY jIau ]
Driq kwieAw swiD kY ivic dyie krqw bIau ]
scu qw pru jwxIAY jw isK scI lyie ]
dieAw jwxY jIA kI ikCu puMnu dwnu kryie ]
scu qW pru jwxIAY jw Awqm qIriQ kry invwsu ]
siqgurU no puiC kY bih rhY kry invwsu ]
scu sBnw hoie dwrU pwp kFY Doie ]
nwnku vKwxY bynqI ijn scu plY hoie ]2]

forgive me please

Nov 29, 2006
first of all: you make your own opinions, no problems at all.....

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Nanak Sache Paatshah da hukam hai-

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib de Panna no. 350--

vwjw miq pKwvju Bwa]u
Make your intellect your instrument, and love your tambourine

so should a sikh, Guru Ji's student, follow Guru Ji or not??????????
does it matter what others think???????

Knowing the truth happens with Guru's grace only and to earn that grace you have to become Sachayra from within---

scu qw pru jwxIAY jw irdY scw hoie ]
kUV kI mlu auqrY qnu kry hCw Doie ]
scu qw pru jwxIAY jw sic Dry ipAwru ]
nwau suix mnu rhsIAY qw pwey moK duAwru ]
scu qw pru jwxIAY jw jugiq jwxY jIau ]
Driq kwieAw swiD kY ivic dyie krqw bIau ]
scu qw pru jwxIAY jw isK scI lyie ]
dieAw jwxY jIA kI ikCu puMnu dwnu kryie ]
scu qW pru jwxIAY jw Awqm qIriQ kry invwsu ]
siqgurU no puiC kY bih rhY kry invwsu ]
scu sBnw hoie dwrU pwp kFY Doie ]
nwnku vKwxY bynqI ijn scu plY hoie ]2]

forgive me please

First of all sorry sister, i think i hurt u..
THESE ARE NOT MY OPINIONS.. i will put some quotes from gurbani only..

ya Knowledge of truth happens only with . guru grace.
But what is truth..
Gurubani says truth is GOD only..
do we know god..
have we seen him..
then where is knowledge..
gurubani says God cn be seen..
have we seen it..
Gurubani is clearly saying we need a master to see the GOD..
and guru is living..
Please dont mind but GURU we need living..
but guru it talks about living

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
First of all sorry sister, i think i hurt u..
THESE ARE NOT MY OPINIONS.. i will put some quotes from gurbani only..

ya Knowledge of truth happens only with . guru grace.
But what is truth..
Gurubani says truth is GOD only..
do we know god..
have we seen him..
then where is knowledge..
gurubani says God cn be seen..
have we seen it..
Gurubani is clearly saying we need a master to see the GOD..
and guru is living..
Please dont mind but GURU we need living..
but guru it talks about living

Guru is the one who teaches us, here we are talking about the Spiritual Master, so can be a Scripture/living Master/Higher Self Within/The Universe..........

Everybody has to become Sachayra himself or herself, by following the preaching.

How many people have this capability to judge if the fellow posing to be the living Guru is true or fake?????

To tackle this confusion, Sikh Guru Sahiban have done this upkaar upon the sikhs, that they have all the teachings from all different Bhagats and Gurus compiled together, so that no aspect, no stage of bhagati is left unanswered. say-NO STONE LEFT UNTURNED...

This notion that a living Guru is the only way out is not true for the sikhs. Our Guru is Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. and Guru Ji answers all the questions of the bhagats at all the levels. First, one must try it, then say, if it works or not. Debating on something without practically living the facts does not always work. You may fool those who do not want to believe, learn and follow their own Guru Ji, but not all.

and not only the sikhs even there are other people from many different religious backgrounds follow Guru Ji's teachings and attain Spiritual Elevations.

You need a living Guru, does not mean every body else has to have a living Guru.

Nothing happens with merely having a living Guru around- you have to live the truth Guru is teaching.

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Ram Das Ji de Bachan
Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib de pann no. 669:

syvk isK pUjx siB Awvih siB gwvih hir hir aUqm bwnI ]
gwivAw suixAw iqn kw hir Qwie pwvY ijn siqgur kI AwigAw siq siq kir mwnI ]

We humans need a GURU- NOT NECESSARILY A LIVING Human as GURU.

forgive me please

Nov 29, 2006
Guru is the one who teaches us, here we are talking about the Spiritual Master, so can be a Scripture/living Master/Higher Self Within/The Universe..........

Everybody has to become Sachayra himself or herself, by following the preaching.

How many people have this capability to judge if the fellow posing to be the living Guru is true or fake?????

To tackle this confusion, Sikh Guru Sahiban have done this upkaar upon the sikhs, that they have all the teachings from all different Bhagats and Gurus compiled together, so that no aspect, no stage of bhagati is left unanswered. say-NO STONE LEFT UNTURNED...

This notion that a living Guru is the only way out is not true for the sikhs. Our Guru is Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. and Guru Ji answers all the questions of the bhagats at all the levels. First, one must try it, then say, if it works or not. Debating on something without practically living the facts does not always work. You may fool those who do not want to believe, learn and follow their own Guru Ji, but not all.

and not only the sikhs even there are other people from many different religious backgrounds follow Guru Ji's teachings and attain Spiritual Elevations.

You need a living Guru, does not mean every body else has to have a living Guru.

Nothing happens with merely having a living Guru around- you have to live the truth Guru is teaching.

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Ram Das Ji de Bachan
Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib de pann no. 669:

syvk isK pUjx siB Awvih siB gwvih hir hir aUqm bwnI ]
gwivAw suixAw iqn kw hir Qwie pwvY ijn siqgur kI AwigAw siq siq kir mwnI ]

We humans need a GURU- NOT NECESSARILY A LIVING Human as GURU.

forgive me please

OK Dear because .. till now I have not put any reference from Gurubani..
but now i will start putting some good reference from gurubani..
in the mean time.. u put where its written in Gurubani that ..we dont need Living master

Nov 29, 2006

GURUBANI ANSWERS THESE ALSO..

YES BIG UPKAAR ... THAT WE CANT FORGET.. BUT WHAT DOES TEACHING SAYS OF DIFFERENT BHAGATS...

This notion that a living Guru is the only way out is not true for the sikhs. Our Guru is Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. and Guru Ji answers all the questions of the bhagats at all the levels

me ALSO A SIKH.. Yes it answers all the questions but at all levels it says .. NO use to read the scriputes..
MIL SADH SANGAT BHAJ KEVAL NAAM

Debating on something without practically living the facts does not always work. You may fool those who do not want to believe, learn and follow their own Guru Ji, but not all.

PRACTICAL THING IS ENTERING INTO HUMAN BODY LAB.. AND SEEING THE GOD with GURU's GRACE..
READING IS THEORY NOT PRACTICAL THING
M NOT TRYING TO FOOLANYONE BUT TELLING U WHAT IS WRITTEN IN SGGS

not only the sikhs even there are other people from many different religious backgrounds follow Guru Ji's teachings and attain Spiritual Elevations.

YES SGGS IS SUCH A GREAT SCRIPTURE THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD FOLLOW IT.. FOR SPIRITUAL ELEVATIONS .. BUT WHAT IS SPIRITUAL ELEVATION..
IS THERE ANYTHING ABOVE THAN TO SEE GOD...
IS SPIRITUAL ELEVATION POSSIBLE WITHOUT SEEING THE SPIRIT(GOD)

BUT MY DEAR FREND .. GURUS TEACHING CAN NEVER BE AGAINST A LIVING GURU..
IF SO.. WHY WE HAD TEN GURUS NOT ONLY ONE..(GURUNANAK DEVJI)

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
Well its a shame a handicapped women cant even sit on a chair in the gurdwara, who the F is making up that rule?

The one thing i noticed about the sikh community is that most are so worried about the outward appearance of sikhi, that they have forgoten the core principles and philosophy of sikhi.

Who cares if someone wears a dastar or not, who cares if people use chairs in temples, or use english material to teach others. In our quest to live the glory days of sikhi, we have alienated many sikhs in the process, and the outside world cant relate to us. If someone wants to learn sikhi in a different way, let them do that, its not you, me or anyone elses job to keep learners of the god under our thumbs.

We go around the world, expecting other communites and people to respect us, yet we do not spread the gurus word, or teach awarness about sikhi. Then we wonder why we are labeled as muslims or terrorists, of course that will happen if we just retreat to our own communities and enclaves.

To be honest, its sickening, and disgusting to be in the presence of this community. Which is why i have recently looked beyond sikhi for community and religious support.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected Sahil Makkar Ji,

thankyou endlessly.

could not find Gurbani to support your thoughts!!!!!

sahilmakkar said:
BUT WHAT DOES TEACHING SAYS OF DIFFERENT BHAGATS...

repeating myself again-to leave no stone unturned. Also to pay respects to all the religions and beliefs. as
GOD IS ALL & ALL IS GOD

and they have the Realization of the Truth, their Bani is in Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is for a good reason, not to spread hatred.

sahilmakkar said:
me ALSO A SIKH.. Yes it answers all the questions but at all levels it says .. NO use to read the scriputes..

Very good, call yourself a sikh and denouncing your own Guru Ji.

where Guru Ji respects all the Scriptures....

poQI purwx kmweIAY ] Bau vtI iequ qin pweIAY ]
Let the reading of your prayer book be the oil, and let the Fear of God be the wick for the lamp of this body.

i humbly suggest(as you claim to be a sikh) read Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji all the way from the beginning to the end YOURSELF-then decide. You claim to be a Sikh- cannot hurt, or does it!!!!!

if your Guru is the true Guru, you will find, Bani says all what he/she is saying.

bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry ]
guru bwxI khY syvku jnu mwnY prqiK gurU insqwry ]

Any True Spiritual teacher says the same Bani, It is written throughout the Brehmand-zrRw zrRw ies dw gvwh hY, JuTlwxI nwmumikn hY[ Cultures and languages cannot change the real essence of it.

sahilmakkar said:
YES SGGS IS SUCH A GREAT SCRIPTURE THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD FOLLOW IT.. FOR SPIRITUAL ELEVATIONS .. BUT WHAT IS SPIRITUAL ELEVATION..
IS THERE ANYTHING ABOVE THAN TO SEE GOD...
IS SPIRITUAL ELEVATION POSSIBLE WITHOUT SEEING THE SPIRIT(GOD)

So you are suggesting you are a sikh and you have a living Guru and you are seeing God in/through your so called living Guru.

Congratulations to have a 12Th Guru, who is teaching you to not read your 11th Guru. Please forgive my language.

How come you are not able to see that God in Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. As Guru Ji, you, me all is a part of it........Because a true Guru will not teach the followers to tell the rest of the world that: hey your Guru is not the Guru, mine is; may be in your world the living Gurus spread this kind of hatred??????????
Gurus are to bring a person to a state of mind-
qRY gux mwieAw moih ivAwpy qurIAw guxu hY gurmuiK lhIAw ]

eyk idRsit sB sm kir jwxY ndrI AwvY sBu bRhmu psreIAw ]

Our Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells us to respect all. So we do. All our Guru Sahibaan has done it.
As i said before- you need a living Guru, very good- fine, follow that Guru, but stop convincing others that their Guru is not the right one and that they need to have a living Guru. You will not be successful to convert all. A True Guru does not need advertisement- Guru shines through the chelas.

repeating myself again-

And being in Sikh Religion- our Guru is Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

isimRiq byd purwx pukwrin poQIAw ]
The Simritees, the Vedas, the Puraanas and the other holy scriptures proclaim

nwm ibnw siB kUVu gwl@I hoCIAw ]1]
that without the Naam, everything is false and worthless.

sahilmakkar said:
BUT MY DEAR FREND .. GURUS TEACHING CAN NEVER BE AGAINST A LIVING GURU..
Yes, of course, my dear, and a True Guru's teachings cannot be against a Scripture either. No true Guru(from any religious back ground) can say anything like this-do not read Guru Granth Sahib or any other Scriptures or Spiritual Books.......................

You know why: BECAUSE A TRUE GURU IS IN THOSE REALMS WHERE HE/SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING, AND FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL(LIVING GURU) ALL ARE EQUAL; THIS PERSON BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER, DOES NOT DIVIDE THEM ON THE NAME OF THE RELEGION, GURU, CAST, STATUS and all that. AND MOST OF ALL IS RESPECTFUL TOWARDS OTHER RELIGIONS AND FAITHS.

forgive me please.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Surinder kaur ji,

LOL, I note you enjoy arguing dont you?
The topic here was

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Respected Hai_Bhi_Sach Ji,

thanks a lot endlessly.

this is not a matter of enjoyment. Somebody is telling all of us- supposedly the Sikh Community-
SahilMakkar said:
NO use to read the scriputes..

and who responds to what is written in Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji-
SahilMakkar said:
Near to FALSE

And our Guru Ji is a "Scripture".

SO YOU ARE SUGGESTING THAT ALL OF US SHOULD STAY QUITE AND LET OTHERS MAKE FUN OF OUR CORE BELIEFS. LET OTHERS DISRESPECT DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI ON THE "SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK" OR OTHERWISE. VERY NICE OF YOU. THANKS A LOT ON YOUR COMMENTS.

forgive me please, if it hurts you. Truth hurts people badly only when they themselves are against it, then they use their cqurweIAW to defend themselves by all means.

i am humbly doing seva, and will keep doing it. as i said before some(true gursikhs) like it, some(unfaithful to Guru Ji) do not, does it matter-NO.

mY mUrK kI giq kIjY myry rwm ]
gur siqgur syvw hir lwie hm kwm ]

forgive me please again
and thanks endlessly.

Jul 10, 2006
Surinder kaur ji,

LOL, I note you enjoy arguing dont you?
The topic here was

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I totally disagree with your remark. Bhanji arguing!-What a nonsense remark to make!! For goodness sake!

Anyways, saying that there "is no need to read scriptures" and also that we need a "living" Guru is utter nonsence in my opinon.!

Our living Guru is Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and by that I mean the Guru ki Bani within the divine Granth.

From my understanding, If we are to live in Akal Purakhs(GOD) Hukam then its Akal Purakhs Hukum to have full and complete faith in Guru Ki Bani. Akal Purakhs "divine command" is reading, reciting and singing from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji whilst making an effort to also "understand" what we are reading, reciting and singing and therefore making a further effort to live it.

By saying that we dont need to read "scriptures" ie gurbani, is going against Akal Purakhs Hukam(in this meaning Divine Order/Instructions).

Jan 17, 2007
Kaur-1 ji and Surinder Kaur ji,

I totally disagree with your remark. Bhanji arguing!-What a nonsense remark to make!! For goodness sake!

Anyways, saying that there "is no need to read scriptures" and also that we need a "living" Guru is utter nonsence in my opinon.!

Our living Guru is Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and by that I mean the Guru ki Bani within the divine Granth.

From my understanding, If we are to live in Akal Purakhs(GOD) Hukam then its Akal Purakhs Hukum to have full and complete faith in Guru Ki Bani. Akal Purakhs "divine command" is reading, reciting and singing from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji whilst making an effort to also "understand" what we are reading, reciting and singing and therefor making a further effort to live it.

By saying that we dont need to read "scriptures" ie gurbani, is going against Akal Purakhs Hukam(in this meaning Divine Order/Instructions).

I have not said your quoted words. Please do not make judgements on me.
EkOnkar = Mool Mantra = Japji Sahib = Guru Granth Sahib. If you are not satisfied with the first stage or fully understand then you go to the next and next. It is subject to your own intelligence.

Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru, our Guide and we should read it and follow it. Although I agree with Surinder Kaur ji in most of her text but at times I find she winds herself and the other person that it becomes a fight of knowledge. Who knows best?. I can almost feel your blood boiling in your conversation. I can be wrong it is only a feel. Your are very compassionate about Sikhism and I respect that but do not wind yourself. Please do not take this is as an attack on you personality. Over the span of nearly 200 years our gurus could not convince everyone, how can we? Everyones journey is different and understanding will come to them in their own time.

Kaur ji, you appear to have a misconception of "Living" Guru as you have put it. A Guru is a teacher, someones whose gives you knowledge. It could be Surinder Kaur ji or anyone else for that matter. It is up to you how you see her. Out of respect you may even bow to her. If you do not ask her then you are resorting to someones translations. Those translations are again done by a "living" person. Do not take the "Living" Guru too serious for that matter.

We very quickly jump the gun in the heat of the moment andd start blasating interpretations.

We are all striving for the same goal. Guru Granth Sahib ji is our Guru and as sikhs we will seek guidance from it. Comments like the ones above shows that there is a problem trying to assimilate our Gurus teaching. Do not become "Kattard Sikh"

I did not mean to offend anyone. We all become one track minded at times and do not sit back and review. I think we should do that because we could inadvertently be mis-guiding others at the same time. I love my Gurus just as much as anyone else. We are all sikhs. We are at different stages of development and have a lot to share. So let us do that more constructively.

My apollogies for hurting anyones feelings.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Jul 10, 2006

EkOnkar = Mool Mantra = Japji Sahib = Guru Granth Sahib. If you are not satisfied with the first stage or fully understand then you go to the next and next. It is subject to your own intelligence.

Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru, our Guide and we should read it and follow it. Although I agree with Surinder Kaur ji in most of her text but at times I find she winds herself and the other person that it becomes a fight of knowledge. Who knows best?. I can almost feel your blood boiling in your conversation. I can be wrong it is only a feel. Your are very compassionate about Sikhism and I respect that but do not wind yourself. Please do not take this is as an attack on you personality. Over the span of nearly 200 years our gurus could not convince everyone, how can we? Everyones journey is different and understanding will come to them in their own time.

Kaur ji, you appear to have a misconception of "Living" Guru as you have put it. A Guru is a teacher, someones whose gives you knowledge. It could be Surinder Kaur ji or anyone else for that matter. It is up to you how you see her. Out of respect you may even bow to her. If you do not ask her then you are resorting to someones translations. Those translations are again done by a "living" person. Do not take the "Living" Guru too serious for that matter.

We very quickly jump the gun in the heat of the moment andd start blasating interpretations.

We are all striving for the same goal. Guru Granth Sahib ji is our Guru and as sikhs we will seek guidance from it. Comments like the ones above shows that there is a problem trying to assimilate our Gurus teaching. Do not become "Kattard Sikh"

I did not mean to offend anyone. We all become one track minded at times and do not sit back and review. I think we should do that because we could inadvertently be mis-guiding others at the same time. I love my Gurus just as much as anyone else. We are all sikhs. We are at different stages of development and have a lot to share. So let us do that more constructively.

Dear Hai_Bhi_Sach,

I think the problem is the use of the term "GURU" in relation to SIKHI.

The word GURU and the use of the word Guru in Sikhi is not exactly the same as in other religions. I think thats where the problem lies.

We have to first define what excatly the word GURU is in relation to Sikhi.

I would NOT call anyone in this forum my GURU!:D. A gursikh as in Guru Ka Sikh, sadh sangat, Bhenji, Veerji, Praji BUT NOT GURU JI.

Well unless of course you want to be called a Guru :D:D (joke)

p/s: No offense but its your replies that usually cause one frustration and EGO literally jumps out most of them:D .I for one admit my temper but have been in check of it due to Guru Ki Bani (recently and hopefully longer:)).

But anyways,on a serious note, SPN is for discussion not to nit pick.So please all discuss and learn our wonderful Gurbani.

lovely_silky

SPNer
Feb 22, 2007

Hai_bhi_Sach ji,

your thinking is total distructive:

in one post you support to follow astrology you even asked someone for their- date of birth and all that, somewhere you are talking about Simran, somewhere you do not belive in Remembring God, now in this post it is so obvious that you are defending someone who is openly disrespecting SGGS Ji, and you are against those who are defending their faith.

Wah Ji Wah tuhada jawab nahi

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

Respected Hai_Bhi_Sach Ji,

Endlessly thanks once again.

It is very nice of you.

Is it your blood boiling you feel or mine????????

As you have to find more bullets to fire through your gun…………AND MOST INTERESTING THING IS THAT WITH EACH ONE OF YOUR FIRES MORE AND MORE GURPARSAAD IS BEING POURED.

Endlessly thanks again.

Forgive me please.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: