• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Conversion To Islam

Jun 1, 2004
Read this on Sikhnet.... I personally agree to what is happening.... what is your opinion...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
I happened upon an Islamic Forum. There was a very heated discussion there about how Sikhism is a fake religion. Guru Nanak DevJi was just a reformer. He didn't even try to start a new religion, etc. Essentially, the entire discussion was started with some Sikh guy asking general questions and he was just attacked and told he should convert and be saved. One thing that struck me was that the feelings expressed on the forum were those of complete and utter blindness and intolerance. They feel it is a DUTY to convert us and save our souls!! Imagine that! Anyway, it struck me that we as a community are vulnerable to such "missionaries" because of the lack of education amongst the youth. Every generation knows less and less about Sikhi, about our language, about our history. Swift efforts need to be made to change that trend. If someone chooses to convert, so be it. But they should be fully educated on our teachings before that happens. Just some thoughts. Wanted to see if anyone had any input on any of this.

Simmi

SPNer
Nov 17, 2006
Bahrain
Read this on Sikhnet.... I personally agree to what is happening.... what is your opinion...
I totally agree with you Neutral singhji,
Not many Sikh youth know much about Sikhism & the credit goes to thier parents. I have seen a Sikh family, where Kids aged 10 & 7 say they hate punjabi. Any Punjabi Music they say is a nonsense.Today Punjabi music is enjoyed by everyone even who does not understands the Punjabi. They dont speak thier mother tongue. Have the parents taught anything about thier own religon. What can you say? Who is at fault parents or children. Its the duty of all parents that they teach thier children about thier own religon. How capable is a 10year old kid in distinguishing what is good & what is bad? Its the parents who put in thier minds the good & bad. When these kids grow up & by chance come across such sites & find what is right & wrong, what will they think about thier parents?

Jul 10, 2006
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yes, we need to educate the youths and adults alike in Sikhi.

Unfortunately, the muslims "missionaries" ,as you put it, will never change. I think we all can see this on the WWW. Posting their ludricious questions and nonsence on Sikh forums site is a prove of this. We can argue until we are "blue" in the face, but they will keep on coming out of the woodwork.

Personally I think that if they had their way they will still be doing this:

"Conversion tactics through brutality and torture:

taru.jpg
They arrested Bhai Taru Singh and he was taken to Lahore. There he was put in prison. In the prison he was subjected to severe, inhuman tortures for many days. He was asked to embrace Islam and get his hair cut. He was told, 'If you do that, you will be given in marriage a beautiful damsel of high Mughal family. You will be given riches and high position. You will lead a life of happiness and pleasure. If you refuse, you hair will be forcibly cut, you will be subjected to still severer tortures.' 'Finally, you will beheaded or broken on the wheel. Be well advised. Don't throw away your life and all that it can offer you.' Bhai Taru Singh firmly and defiantly refused to give up his faith. He said, 'Even if I were offered kingship of the whole world, even if all the beauties of Paradise were offered to me as my personal servants, even if the treasure of the entire world were placed at my feet, I would not give up my religion. It is far more precious and dear than all these. I would not let my hair be cut, not even a single hair. I am prepared to die. May God and the Guru let me die with my hair all intact.' Zakriya Khan said, 'Your God and Guru are powerless here. I am here to grant your prayer. Your hair shall not be cut. It will remain intact. Your scalp along with the hair shall be scraped off. What do you say to that ?' Bhai Taru Singh replied, 'That will be very good of you, indeed. Kill me in any manner that you like. Be quick. I am eager to join my martyred brethren at the feet of the Almighty and All-loving Father of all.'
Zakriya Khan gave the orders. Bhai Taru Singh was taken to the Nakhas, outside the Delhi gate. Thousands had been butchered there in the near past. A shoemaker was ordered to scrape off Bhai Taru Singh's scalp. Bhai Taru Singh stood the ordeal bravely. He went on reciting Japji and repeating the name of God. The scalp with the hair intact was scraped off. It was thrown before him. He bowed, and thanked God and the Guru. He was thankful that his hair had not been cut. After that, he was taken back to the prison. The tortures were repeated. After a few days he let his soul fly from his body and go to the feet of the All-loving Father. This happened on the 1st of July 1745. His torturer, Zakriya Khan, had died a few hours before him, after having borne intense suffering. He had an attack of kidney pain. He could not pass urine. His abdomen swelled up till breathing became difficult. In this hour of terrible suffering, he thought within himself, 'I have put a saintly, innocent person to horrible tortures. May be my agony is due to that act of mine.' He sent a messenger to Bhai Taru Singh, asking for forgiveness. Bhai Taru Singh said, 'I have no ill-will against him. All happens as willed by God. As far as I am concerned, he is forgiven. But he will have to render an account of his doings. The inmates of hell are waiting to welcome him.'
As soon as these words were spoken, Zakriya Khan was able to pass urine. His abdomen subsided. His pain was gone. But he died a few hours before Bhai Taru Singh's soul was released from his body."

My questions to the Sikh forum members:

1. Why are we usually having a "conversion to Islam or Chritianity etc etc..." type's of post.?

2. Why cant we have more of , lets say, "How to embrace the Sikhi way of life" or "How do I became a Sikh" or "Beginners guide to the Sikh way of life" post's on this forum.?

Personally speaking, arent you all a little fed up with the above type post headings.? I am.! We have so many internal problems to sort out in the present state of the Sikh community.

Please See:
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-talk/14579-sikhtoons.html

A couple of snippets from a Sikh forum member 'saffajang' on discoversikhi :

"Situation of a Sikh

ਸਰਵਰ ਪੰਖੀ ਹੇਕੜੋ ਫਾਹੀਵਾਲ ਪਚਾਸ ॥

saravar pa(n)khee haekarro faaheevaal pachaas ||

There is only one bird in the lake, but there are fifty trappers.

The ਸਰਵਰ ਪੰਖੀ – the Sikh faith is new, it is young and we are a small minority, and the ਫਾਹੀਵਾਲ – our enemies are after us. They are large in number, experienced and will attack us at every given opportunity.

Our only support is Gurbani and Rehit Maryada.

Can we save our Panth?"

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
1. Why are we usually having a "conversion to Islam or Chritianity etc etc..." type's of post.?
This is to understand what are the current tactics of different sections, from which Sikhs should stay away. If a missionary comes on the way to our brother and sister, then they should know the right answers and have confidance to move on as a sikh. What kind of questions or doubts the missionaries create to bring sikhs' morale and confidance down, these posts give an insight to that. Personally to me, these things make me stronger.

2. Why cant we have more of , lets say, "How to embrace the Sikhi way of life" or "How do I became a Sikh" or "Beginners guide to the Sikh way of life" post's on this forum.?

Sure we should. This is responsibility of all of us. Create new topics... in a discussion mode, where we discuss sikhi and related things, without throwing mud on any other. Because ultimately intolerance leads to such heated discussions. I strongly recommend to give way to creative articles where we discuss our original thoughts and not some copy/pasted stuff.

And kaur ji, you are doing a great job. Thanks for your presence on SPN.

Regards, Arvind.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: