• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Conversation With God

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This was sent to me today by my friend Pawandeep Kaur ;) from New Dehli. Just wanted to share it with you.

Conversation Between GOD and ME

God : Hello. Did you call me?

Me: Called you? No.. Who is this?

God : This is GOD. I heard your prayers. So I thought I will chat.

Me: I do pray. Just makes me feel good. I am actually busy now. I am in the midst of something.

God : What are you busy at? Ants are busy too.

Me: Don't know. But I cant find free time. Life has become hectic. It's rush hour all the time.

God : Sure. Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you results. Activity consumes time. Productivity frees it.

Me: I understand. But I still can't figure out. By the way, I was not expecting YOU to buzz me on instant messaging chat.

God : Well I wanted to resolve your! Fight for time, by giving you some clarity. In this net era, I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.

Me: Tell me, why has life become complicated now?

God : Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.

Me: why are we then constantly unhappy?

God : Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That's why you are not happy.

Me: But how can we not worry when there is so much uncertainty?

God : Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.

Me: But then, there is so much pain due to uncertainty. .

God : Pain is inevitable able, but suffering is optional.

Me: If suffering is optional, why do good people always suffer?

God : Diamond cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials, but don't suffer. With that experience their life become better not bitter.

Me: You mean to say such experience is useful?

God : Yes. In every terms, Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.

Me: But still, why should we go through such tests? Why cant we be free from problems?

God : Problems are Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessons (to) Enhance Mental Strength. Inner strength comes from struggle and endurance, not when you! Are free from problems.

Me: Frankly in the midst of so many problems, we don't know where we are heading..

God : If you look outside you will not know where you are heading.Look inside. Looking outside, you dream. Looking inside, you awaken. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides insight.

Me: Sometimes not succeeding fast seems to hurt more than moving in the right direction. What should I do?

God : Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you. Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead. You work with the compass. Let others work with the clock.

Me: In tough times, how do you stay motivated?

God : Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing .

Me: What surprises you about people?

God : when they suffer they ask, "why me?" When they prosper, they never ask "Why me" Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, but few want to be on the side of the truth.

Me: Sometimes I ask, who am I, why am I here. I cant get the answer.

God : Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be. Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here. Create it. Life is not a process of discovery but a process of creation.

Me: How can I get the best out of life?

God : Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.

Me: One last question.. Sometimes I feel my prayers are not answered.

God : There are no unanswered prayers. At times the answer is NO.

Me: Thank you for this wonderful chat.

God : Well. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Don't believe your doubts and doubt your beliefs. Life is a mystery to solve not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that took our breath away! :star:

Now, who else would you rather have a conversation with?

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
aad002 Ji

I wish I had that conversation with the God. My questions would have been different though ! No, I do not have any question for Him.
In Urdu a strong desire is expressed like this
" kabhi eh Haqiqate muntzr nazr aa libase mijaz me..Dr. Iqbal"
" oh the True ONE come into a form so that you can be seen..)
But Satguru Nanak expresses it very strongly
" aae n sakkan tujh kan piaare bhejh n sakkan koe
aa subhagri neendrie, mat SOH dekhan soe...."
O my beloved Lord, neither can I come to meet you nor can I send any one to you !
O fortunate sleep come to me so that I can see my Lord husband in dreams" a desire piering through heart to see Him is worded beautifully and completely enveloped with mataphors.
!!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70 ji

Well, I understand. Perhaps, this conversation spoke to Pawandeep ji because she is 19 years old going on 20, and these are the kinds of questions that a young adult, who is anxious about everything and worried about the future, thinks about: schooling, marriage, children, becoming a successful adult, and all those kinds of things. On one side of life a person wonders if he/she is going to make it. Then when a person gets older, perspectives shift, and we want to know if we did it the right way. I told Pawandeep that I posted this in the forum. So maybe she will check. :)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
aad0002 ji

I just shared my views in context of God meeting that is why instead of questioning Pwandeep,only longing for Him is reported, So I did my best not to question Pwandeep Kaur. It is good way to start and learn. She should be encouraged, mine comments are very personal, I found a window to say some thing in prospect of the Lord - meeting and said it. I applaud though Pawandeep Kaur's queries in this context.
:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Pk70 ji,

You said the very thing that got me thinking. Why did Pk70 ji have such a different take on the story? I then realized how much younger people worry about everything. They don't share it with older people, and we often do not realize how anxious they are. So the story is one that speaks to those who are just opening their eyes and needing the support of a steady, compassionate Friend. Later on when we realize that all those worries were meaningless because we have only as much control as we have, which is none at all, then the light clicks on suddenly. We are where we are supposed to be at all times. And what matters is that we are where we are with minds and hearts that are open to the One who is in charge. But a young person has to go through youth in order to understand. So look at what you did!

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Good one, aad0002 ji.

Please try and post more interesting & inspirational topics.

Thanks

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
This is one of my own experiences.

I have always wondered if ants could see humans, so I did a test. I fed them with some candy. And because I had seen the movie, Ant Story, I wanted to see their behaviour patterns. I observed them thru a magnifier and felt intelligence at work. How they co-operated with each other in lifting the bits. I got so engrossed in their activity that I felt they needed my help. So I helped them break up the larger bits into smaller bits, taking care not to hurt them.

They felt my presence and I wondered if they thought that I was God or a big crane which was helping them. It was amazing to see how they knew which way to go when a group of them had to carry a heavier load together.

After seeming the movie, Ant Story, I've stopped killing ants when I know I can made a difference. In fact, I keep rock sugar at points around the kitchen so that the ants are not seen moving around everywhere. Now they know where to go because their 'goodies' are always kept in the same place.

As a result of not spraying dangerous chemicals around the kitchen, there is mutual benefit.

I don't know what made me write this story but I wanted to write it. Thanks for reading it.
Now I will be writing more heart to heart stories to share with you.

Thank you Aad Ji for opening such a wonderful thread.:cool:

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
namjap ji

i sometimes played the cruel god when i was a kid....so cruel of me when i reflect back

i led a colony of ants across the literal red sea and onto war upon other colony

all with the sugar and promised more sugar.

but that was childhood

so is God just playing with us?
:inca:

i am angry !!!

God:
"You gotta light? Lets blaze this sucker"

Me:
"datz what Im talkin bout!"

*Eternal Bliss and peace on earth ensued*

I got so engrossed in their activity that I felt they needed my help. So I helped them break up the larger bits into smaller bits, taking care not to hurt them.

lol...bro... you need to get our more :}{}{}:

way off topic but did you know that ants are one of the most violent species on the planet?

cheers

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
way off topic but did you know that ants are one of the most violent species on the planet?
I never Read about it But always Suspected that !

And also they are most Irritating , Cruel species god created in my experience and may be this is the reason for their Success.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

And also they are most Irritating , Cruel species god created in my experience and may be this is the reason for their Success.

drkhalsa ji

They live their lives fine without any special schooling as we do, why we schooled ones fail to understand and accuse them so harshly? No offense!:)
Sincerely

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

I am wondering if all the animal species that live in social groups share similar problems. Maybe overcrowding, too much regimentation, excessive authority by a few, and not enough individual attention. Which ones manage and which ones don't? Termites, bees, ants, hornets, various bird species, monkeys and apes.

Nobody get excited! :down:I am just having a little fun.

Yes they are irritating and cruel

They don’t just attack intruders they try to conquer neighbouring ant colonies and routinely wage war until all opposing ants are dead; enslaving other colonies and destroying their nests.

And they sure know how to ruin a picnic…the only thing I feed them in my house is boric acid (btw, completely safe for humans).

If boric acid don’t work try waging biological warfare against the ants (The natural way of killing ants….cool video a must watch):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3t4v8PmY_Q

Aside:
Aad ji, if you are interested you can look up something on 'Swarm intelligeance' might give you insight on behaviour of social animals.

bees/ants live in a hierarchal environment but it is decentralized power...ie: nobody gives orders to anybody (stimuli-response is all they know and need to know for survival).

cheers

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am hoping God is not dropping out of this equation. Forum members are surely having a laugh. But the thread started out with an essay on expression of gratitude to God. The problem is I cannot give up my enjoyment of, shall we say, that je ne sai quoi, ce badinage.

Forgive me

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I am hoping God is not dropping out of this equation. Forum members are surely having a laugh. But the thread started out with an essay on expression of gratitude to God. The problem is I cannot give up my enjoyment of, shall we say, that je ne sai quoi, ce badinage.

Forgive me

aad Bhain ji,
Please name a thread which didn't bounce out of track?
Destiny of debate:roll: Amazingly, see how much fun it generates and the " gyan" is being shared even then:happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Just feeling a little embarrassed veerji. This was supposed to be serious. But when Sinister, NamJap, and amarsanghera, all jios, get together, you can see what happens.

:D

aad ji

what I don’t get is; why talk to god when you don’t have to?

Humans bull-shyt 99.99% of what they speak anyways, you cant do that in a conversation with the almighty…so in order to pass off as something semi-intelligeant all you can do is ask questions? And questions are annoying… so I would just keep my mouth shut and opt for a ‘chillout session’ with god rather than a conversation.

Lets tie this in with ants

We would be like ants to god… now aside from namjap ji, im assuming nobody here takes the time to talk to ants :)D) …. So why would god take time to speak to us? Are we not ants?

Small annoying critters that should be fed boric acid (or at least something that gets rid of us)?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM