• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Canada Community Split On Resolution Banning Non-baptized Sikhs From Running Guru Nanak Temple

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I cut my hair as I had no faith, simple as that, at the time it did not bother me in the slightest, it was an acknowledgement of the pit I was in at that time, and there were more important urgent things to concern myself with.

I personally would not have cut my hair if my faith was still intact, regardless of what problems I was facing, on the basis that faith is a huge weapon for despair, and I feel that in those circumstances you would hang on to everything you had that was faith related.

I have some difficulty accepting that some employers will not employ turbaned men

USA don't allow bearded pilots to fly planes.

apart from some Punjabi news channels you will never see any turbaned bearded sikhs reading news

Turbaned sikhs are not accepted as models or actors even in India

I don't think any airline in India give job of flight steward to sikhs

Also I heard that in west there are many jobs where beards are not allowed some time for hygenic reason and sometime for safety resason

here is little discussion on yahoo that almost every job restrict beard.If a western company is importing worker then it has no reason to give concession to a Punjab's sikh man

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110619112548AASb0I9

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Kdsji,

I accept what you are saying, but as we are deviating from the main topic, I would like to research this, as I am as shocked as you are at what I am reading, and maybe open another thread.

Thank you very much for your gender confirmation :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
We have more than a page of comments that how veer in the direction of a discussion of Kesh and veer away from the thread topic. There is more to the story than "kesh" and who keeps it and who does not. Please let's go back to the subject of the thread starting article. Thank you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM