Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Close Brush with the Law, a Personal Story

Discussion in 'Business, Lifestyle & Leisure' started by Harry Haller, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

This conversation has been redirected from an earlier thread. Thanks.
    http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/legal...en-property-if-recovered-mode.html#post153619

I once bought some stolen property by mistake, and drove it straight to where it had been stolen from, £16,000 worth.

My reward? I was arrested for handling stolen property, locked in the cells overnight, was not allowed to call my wife, and had my house, shop and car searched for further evidence. The only evidence found was my stepsons airgun collection, which resulted in armed response unit being called out.

I was fingerprinted, DNA'd, and forced to wear (against my will) red jogging pants, (although I kept them).

I have to say though, that the police were great, fair, my wife, bless her, handled it all with her usual calmness, I was told in future, if I bought items that were suspicious, not to drive them back to where I thought they had come from, but to just simply call the police,

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    India Who says we have skeletons only in our closets? Breaking News Aug 22, 2014
    India After Badrinath, Kedarnath now Sikh shrine Hemkunt Sahib closed temporarily Breaking News Jun 28, 2013
    Grammer / Vyakarn Fateh multimedia forced to close for lack of funds Language, Arts & Culture Nov 21, 2012
    General The Closer Videos Jul 26, 2012
    World Dutch Close to Ban on Kosher, Halal Slaughter Breaking News Jul 2, 2011

3. Scarlet Pimpernel

Scarlet Pimpernel
    Expand Collapse
    We seek him here,we sikh
    SPNer Supporter

Re: Robbery and stolen property, if recovered mode of delivery

Veer Ji I can forgive all of that, but the red joggers ,I just can't bring myself to forgive that,it must have been awful.May you come to terms with it one day .Amen ,Sat Sri Akaal ,Jai Shri Krishan,Inshallah.

4. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

it gets worse than that, they felt sorry for me holed up in the cell, so they allowed me to wait in the corridor, where I managed to set off the panic alarm, I think they were glad when I left

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Harry Haller ji "was it too hot to handle" lol. On a more serious note did you ever find the real thief and recover the 16,000 pounds?

The following dedicated to Harry Haller ji,

laga chunri mein daag chhupaun kaise ..manna dey - YouTube

Sorry to sprinkle salt on your wounds!

Good is not what you do, good is how others take it!

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scarlet Pimpernel

Scarlet Pimpernel
    Expand Collapse
    We seek him here,we sikh
    SPNer Supporter

Veer Ji
    Your intentions were good,the outcome you can't control ,today we are quick to doubt anothers intentions but give little thought to our own.I hit a parked car once and found the house of the owner and knocked the door and told them my address ,the man said to me "hold on! how do I know you are telling the truth about where you live "I said if I wanted to lie why would I have tried to find you,he understood and he did not even claim off me.Perhaps the next guy who hit it wrote it off!

• Like Like x 1