• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Close Brush With The Law, A Personal Story

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
This conversation has been redirected from an earlier thread. Thanks.
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/legal...en-property-if-recovered-mode.html#post153619

I once bought some stolen property by mistake, and drove it straight to where it had been stolen from, £16,000 worth.

My reward? I was arrested for handling stolen property, locked in the cells overnight, was not allowed to call my wife, and had my house, shop and car searched for further evidence. The only evidence found was my stepsons airgun collection, which resulted in armed response unit being called out.

I was fingerprinted, DNA'd, and forced to wear (against my will) red jogging pants, (although I kept them).

I have to say though, that the police were great, fair, my wife, bless her, handled it all with her usual calmness, I was told in future, if I bought items that were suspicious, not to drive them back to where I thought they had come from, but to just simply call the police,

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Re: Robbery and stolen property, if recovered mode of delivery

Veer Ji I can forgive all of that, but the red joggers ,I just can't bring myself to forgive that,it must have been awful.May you come to terms with it one day .Amen ,Sat Sri Akaal ,Jai Shri Krishan,Inshallah.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

it gets worse than that, they felt sorry for me holed up in the cell, so they allowed me to wait in the corridor, where I managed to set off the panic alarm, I think they were glad when I left

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

it gets worse than that, they felt sorry for me holed up in the cell, so they allowed me to wait in the corridor, where I managed to set off the panic alarm, I think they were glad when I left
Harry Haller ji "was it too hot to handle" lol. On a more serious note did you ever find the real thief and recover the 16,000 pounds?

The following dedicated to Harry Haller ji,

laga chunri mein daag chhupaun kaise ..manna dey - YouTube

Sorry to sprinkle salt on your wounds!

Good is not what you do, good is how others take it!

Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Veer Ji
Your intentions were good,the outcome you can't control ,today we are quick to doubt anothers intentions but give little thought to our own.I hit a parked car once and found the house of the owner and knocked the door and told them my address ,the man said to me "hold on! how do I know you are telling the truth about where you live "I said if I wanted to lie why would I have tried to find you,he understood and he did not even claim off me.Perhaps the next guy who hit it wrote it off!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: