Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Classmates Make Fun of Me Being a Sikh?

Discussion in 'Sikh Youth' started by Admin Singh, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Classmates Make Fun of Me
    (Quoting from an interesting debate going on at sikhnet)

Quote:

I am a amritdhari sikh of class 10th , I study in convent school and I am the only sikh in class.

All my classmates make fun of me , then don't call me by name and just call Gyani and crack dirty jokes on me.

I complained about it to my teachers, They warned them but still it was of no use, they did not stopped and doing it more.

I asked them to stop . Also fought with them 2-3 times but i can't fight every time.

Its not just the matter of school , in the play ground , tutions everywhere people laugh at me because i am a Sikh.

I talked with my parents and they said to ignore me and change my thinking attitude but its not that easy. I stopped going out and playing because i don't like when other laugh at me.

I want to be a sikh but I am not so brave that i can tolerate this all . I Go to gurdwara daily and do ardaas in front of guru granth saheb ji to save me from this but it was of no use.

these things hurt me a lot and I can't do anything except crying inside a room.

Please tell me what should i do?

"Un-quote"

This is a very important topic facing every Sikh youth of today... would be interesting to hear your personal experiences on this topic.

Gurafteh!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikh News Sikh teen charged for assaulting classmates (The Times of India) Breaking News Feb 11, 2009
    Sikh News Sikh teen charged for assaulting classmates (The Times of India) Breaking News Feb 10, 2009
    Sikh News Sikh boy denies threatening classmates (Moldova.org) Breaking News Sep 27, 2008
    Sikh News Sikh boy denies threatening classmates (UPI) Breaking News Sep 27, 2008
    Sikh News US Sikh Community Raises Funds For Sikhism Awareness Campaign Breaking News Jul 23, 2016

3. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

I am also quoting some very good replies from this debate as the educative value of this discussion is or pivotal importance.

Comment # 1

Comment # 2
    Comment # 3
    Comment # 4

Comment # 5

Comment # 6
    Comment # 7
    Comment # 9
    Comment # 10
    Comment # 11
    Comment # 12
    Comment # 13

• Like Like x 3
  4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

This could almost be a research project. An analysis of forum responses that allow some young men to find themes that stay in mind for a long time. Rescue!

5. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Which country is this Guy from?

6. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

• Like Like x 3
  7. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

The best way to overcome this problem is start dominating the fields whether it is study,sports or anything which you are good.After that start helping your classmates which are in need.soon you will not only earn their respect but they will also come to protect you from these things.My younger brother has done mastery in this art and he has so many followers now.Anywhere No one can speak a word against him.It is not because he is a bully but because he has earned so much goodwill everywhere that if anyone will speak against him he will automatically make 10 enemies.Physical fighting,complaining these things will only make matter worse

• Like Like x 2
  8. max314

max314
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Brother Kanwardeep is absolutely correct. It's all about confidence and helping others.

If you project confidence, people will look up to you. If you help others, people will look up to you.

It's about enforcing the image of turban-wearing Sikhs as kind, confident individuals. Indeed, that's how everyone should strive to be.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nonakaur

nonakaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

My son is in US and he is just seven years old. He wears patka and looks very cute. When he got into US school for first time, he told me only one thing that he does not want to annoy Guru Gobind Singh jee by cutting his hair. He said that he is very confident about his looks and explains everyone very confidently that these are his hairs and not a BALL. The most frustrating situation for him is when someone misunderstands that he is a girl with long hair.
    To counteract this, he tells everyone on meeting that he is not a girl.I think he is quite bold and confident about his hair.Surprisingly, we all have a hair cut, but my son wears patka.

Until now he has not recieved any slanderous remarks or comments about his hair in USA in school. I just pray that his confidence to face this world grows stronger everyday.

So, be brave feel confident about yours unique looks.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dalbirk

dalbirk
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Dear Gagandeep Singh ,
    WJKK WJKF
    You are very much on the right path young Khalsa Ji . As I'm living in Ludhiana , so you can contact me anytime . These so called herd mentality youngsters are a just bunch of confused lot who will probabely never grow up into successful adults . Never stray from the path you have chosen , because one day you may realise how LUCKY you were to have sticked to Guruji's Baana . I also thank Waheguru because despite being born into an atheist family , I did not cut my hair nor I did ever drink even beer . Today for last three years since I discovered Sikhi , I thank Waheguru daily that HE did not let me stray from the path because if had strayed , I would never ever had discovered SIKHI .