• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Cigarettes Without Tobbaco And Beer Without Alchohal

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Re: Cigrattes without Tobbaco and Beer without Alchohal

amarsanghera said:
ssa veerji

i think Guru ji taught us that our Body is a gift from almighty...this life is precious.

so we must avoid all harmful toxic and addictive things which spoil our health and makes our mind weak.

this would include : alcohol in excess, tobacco and other know addictions
meat ( my personal opinion)

Amar I suggest you make comments about meat eating after reading:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/essays-on-sikhism/8828-fools-who-wrangle-over-flesh-6.html

Meat eating as part of a balanced diet is good for you , and is no way bad for the body.

Alcohol for purpose of intoxication should be avoided at all costs. The person above has rightly pointed out the Tukh that condems alcohol consumption. It is amazing how many "Sikh" strict vegetarians I know who think its OK to consume alcohol in vast quatities and think they are doing no wrong.

Cigarettes are bad period. So are opiates and other drugs (unless used medicinally).

So,

1) Alcohol in Sikhism is prohibited in Sikhism for purpose of intoxication. That means it is not Ok to drink socially. (Medicinally it is Ok). ;)

2) Drugs are not accepted in Sikhism. It is true Bhang was used in times or war by Sikhs, however, this was used more for medicinal purposes. ;)

3) Cigarttes and Tobacco are not accepted at all in Sikhism. It is bad for your body, period and is very anti-social. :down:

4) Meat is acceptable and part of a bablnced diet to help keep the body healthy. :}{}{}:

The rule of thimb that I use is that "getting off your head" on a substance is an escape from reality. Sikhism teaches us to face reality and not escape it. When we are drugged or intoxicated we become like the ascetic who seeks to withdraw from society. Sikhism says face society and not to withdraw from it. :wah:

gurpreet2006

SPNer
Mar 30, 2006
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh to all

about cigarettes ---smoking anything itself is harmful for health wheather it has tobacco or not. smoking (wheather it has tobacco or not ) does contain the harmful gases like carbon monoxide etc. which has ill effect on lungs and other body parts and is the forebearer of many typpa cancers . so wheather u r sikh or belong to any other religion ---must not smoke.

about bear without alcohal ---popularly called fruit bear is also not good anyway. it has artificial fruit flavours which are not good for health and are the contributing factors for cancer . same is the thing wid soft drinks all the junk foods-

wheather one is sikh or not , wheather there is tobacco in a cigarette or not, wheather there is alcohal in bear or not. its harmful for health and wellbeing of all of us .

its stupidity to go for such things when we have so many other natural healthy things like fruits . we must eat good stuff and refrain from any such thing.

bhulchuk maaf .

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

nanak naam chardi kala , tere bhane sarbat da bhala

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM