• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Chautha Pad: A Spiritual Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyaniji, Guru Fateh !! i have earleir said that you are a master to twist the words and this is reference to that. Nothing new this time. As a joke it's o.k.
Your joke remind of one similar incident of court where two lawyers were discussing. In the mean time, by provocation of the opponent lawyer said that he had not seen a fool like him. Order-Order, the judge replied," don't forget that he was still present there.
Who was the biggest fool-The lawyer or the judge by the circumstances?
Regards,
Ajmer singh Randhawa.

Re: Kala Afghana: Discussion Redux

Gyani ji, Guru fateh !!
Thanks for encouraging me to start a new thread naming 'CHAUTHA PAD'. it s to feed the psychic need of the soul.I and almost everybody is indulged in the life of 'TEEN PAD', and pass our whole life in satisfyinf our needs within.
There are a few person like me who wish to achieve this life of Chautha pad but is it possible to achieve while passing our life in GRAHSTHI or family. We have certain duties imposed socially to carry on to look after the elders and take care of the family. Gurbaani denies to take care of family( as father,mother,son daughter etc. no one belongs to us and similarly we are not for them)but on the contrary it enforces to practice meditation while being in family. How is it possible? Please share your views.
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Gyani ji, Guru fateh !!
Thanks for encouraging me to start a new thread naming 'CHAUTHA PAD'. it s to feed the psychic need of the soul.I and almost everybody is indulged in the life of 'TEEN PAD', and pass our whole life in satisfyinf our needs within.
There are a few person like me who wish to achieve this life of Chautha pad but is it possible to achieve while passing our life in GRAHSTHI or family. We have certain duties imposed socially to carry on to look after the elders and take care of the family. Gurbaani denies to take care of family( as father,mother,son daughter etc. no one belongs to us and similarly we are not for them)but on the contrary it enforces to practice meditation while being in family. How is it possible? Please share your views.
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.[/quot

GURU PIAYARIO JIOS
AJMER SINGH JI,
GURFATEH.

we are BOTh same age. IN Fact you look younger with black beard..mine is all white.
Apart from that... I have FULL FAITH IN GURU JI..and SGGS.

Hence I FOLLOW GURU JI....all the way. Just CATCH hold of the little finger of Guru ji..and NEVER LET GO..no matter how "experienced" we FEEL we have become with age !! we are forever nannaeh children in Guru Jis hands...IF in our Hankaar we let go..we FALL DOWN. Guaranteed.

Here I answer briefly your UNDERLINED question....on the Women in our Life..household dutioes etc...and Naam kammaii.

1. Family..GRISHTHEE JEEVAN....far from being a liability..a dhucharr...a set back...etc ITS the BEST WAY. ALL Previous sages, brahmgianis, devtas, swamis, rishis, yogis, naaths, etc etc etc... HATED HOUSEHOLDERS WAY...they said this is the biggest BARRIER...Woman is the Biggest Maya..way to HELL..she will stop and destroy any man's naam japp/naam kamaii etc etc.. Some even said a mere look at a woman is enough to send you to HELL forever...Guru ji sad..SO kion mnadah akheyeah jit jammeh Rajaan...SHE gave YOU this opportunity to see this world..how can she send you to HELL ?? Nine months she carried you...IN HER BODY... FOR YEARS she fed you from her BODY...she send you to HELL ?? is this a JOKE ?? a REVENGE of the UNGRATEFUL MAN !! AKIRTGHANN..worst crime in SGGS. BUT if we fail to have FULL FAITH IN SGGS..and GO WANDERING...in the "JUNGLE" of granths..vedas..mannus simrtees..charitars, stories of women viles, tall tales..etc etc and BELIEVE THAT RUBBISH as equal to Gurbani...tehn we are DOING EXACTLY what the SIDHS..the YOGIS..the Naaths..etc were DOING when Guru naanak Ji Confronted them and ADMONSHED them in Sidh Ghost...BTW Sidh...GHHOSHT..is TALKING...DEBATING...DISCUSSING...!!!! Guru Ji is NOT saying..LOOK here listen to ME..I am the GURU..either LISTEN to ME or SHUT UP !! END thsi here and NOW...He wasnt like US..his Sikhs...HE is GURU NANAK..the ever patient..the ever vigilant..the ever TRUTHFUL..the ever sweet, mitth bollrra ji har sajan mera..kadeh na boleh kaurra ji....although as YOUNG as a mere "boy" compared to the LONG BEARDS,..jattadharees of age reaching hundreds of years...HE is LISTENED TO...as He speaks with AUTHORITY...of TRUTH. That TRUTH is with us in SGGS. we just have to LOOK...with DEVOTION and TRUTH in our HEARTS...

BUT GURU NANAK JI went UP RIVER....against the Flow of EVERYONE ELSE. GURU JI said HOUSEHOLDER is COMPULSORY. ALL GURUS married and had families...some had so many DAUGHTERS too....just like some of us....such a big responsibility...all the Guurs married off their sons and daughters like all of us do...taking care of EVERYTHING..and also doing Naam kamaii of the HIGHEST ORDER. Every body said this is IMPOSSIBLE...how to do naam japp kamaii with a woman sleeping next to you ??? GURU JI said NO..thats the BEST and EASIEST WAY....stay in the POND..among the dirt and squalor..and KEEP AFLOAT like the Kanwal Flower !!!.

THE SGGS is FULL of this PRACTICAL ADVICE !! a Guru ka SIKh who has full FAITH and devotion can achieve what GURU JI ACHIEVED..so easily...that is not my words..its GURU JIS GUARANTEE...in SGGS.

Thank you Ji..Keep in Chardeekalla.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Chauttah Pad

Gyaniji, Guru Fateh !! i have earleir said that you are a master to twist the words and this is reference to that. Nothing new this time. As a joke it's o.k.
Your joke remind of one similar incident of court where two lawyers were discussing. In the mean time, by provocation of the opponent lawyer said that he had not seen a fool like him. Order-Order, the judge replied," don't forget that he was still present there.
Who was the biggest fool-The lawyer or the judge by the circumstances?
Regards,
Ajmer singh Randhawa.

Ajmer singh ji,
Gurfateh Ji.

Ha ha..you are quite a joker ajmer singh ji..congrats. imho..the Bigger fool is known when he opens his mouth ( or in this case types on his keyboard..and HITS..SUMBMIT...then its KNOWN worldwide !!)..he he he no offense meant..
BUT this Subject is not a laughing matter. Its serious and it needs serious study to enable the TRUTH to emerge....as it will do eventually. Lets begin the ball rolling on the chautha padd thread..i have submitted ( bigger fool or not..god knows)

Keep in Chardeekalla ji.

Gyaniji, Guru Fateh !!
Thanks for defining but at least you would have understood that a devotee like me if asking this question, must be aware of Sid-goashth and other Baanis. This has not satisfied me , when i practice Naam japp-Waheguru gurumantra, that can take me to meditation if continue(though i can't) but searching the answer what is 'CHAUTHA PAD' or the fourth stage and than achieve it should be the goal of we devotees.
I belong to Dehra Dun and has seen many Saints in Samadhi (meditation). You will wonder I was present when Subhash Chandra Bose died as a Sanyasi in samadhi at Dehra Dun for which i have challenged Govt. of India to prove me wrong.I have opened a website also especially on this issue.
I too want to achieve that stage which no one preeche so i asked you if as per gurmat you or any body else from forum may shed some light.
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Gyaniji, Guru Fateh !!
Thanks for defining but at least you would have understood that a devotee like me if asking this question, must be aware of Sid-goashth and other Baanis. This has not satisfied me , when i practice Naam japp-Waheguru gurumantra, that can take me to meditation if continue(though i can't) but searching the answer what is 'CHAUTHA PAD' or the fourth stage and than achieve it should be the goal of we devotees.
I belong to Dehra Dun and has seen many Saints in Samadhi (meditation). You will wonder I was present when Subhash Chandra Bose died as a Sanyasi in samadhi at Dehra Dun for which i have challenged Govt. of India to prove me wrong.I have opened a website also especially on this issue.
I too want to achieve that stage which no one preeche so i asked you if as per gurmat you or any body else from forum may shed some light.
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.

Gurur Piayario Jio,
Ajmer singh ji.

So sorry to disappoint...I am no snayasi....and have never been in samadhee.

For me "Naam japp" is like Guru nanak ji did...PLOUGH the flelds so well that we get maximum YIELD...be the Best farmer..plant the best feed grass for the Cows..so that they give the best milk...and so on...treat the animals like humans..love them..so they give you the best effort..ploughing..milk production etc.
Naam is QUALITIES OF WAHEGURU..TRUTH..HUMILITY..LOVE.. Naam japping means IMBIBING those QUALITIES..so that we become DEVTAS..manas into deos...not Manas jaat kartoot passu ki....when we look into the MIRROR..IF we see "Waheguru"...or we see "dog..khota..hathi..pig...bandar.." then we are one of the two above...
THATS as far as my experiences go. I always try and see GURU JI...staring abck at me in the mirrot when i tie my dastaar every morning....and hope i see the same Guru Ji when i recite sohila at night.

I hope any others will be of help to your quest...

Gyaani ji, , You are really very intelligent. I think the curiosity and the thirst, the inner thirst which could not be quenched has compelled me to write in this forum but i wonder nobody else sharing his views. The method to meditate is not known to me otherwise i practice to chant thy name, the Gurmantar Waheguru and recite Gurbaani or sahaj paath always continue, one after the other. But even then i thirst of soul is there. Ik never ending Trishna... . What to do next ... a curiosity?
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.

Feb 7, 2008

Ajmer singh ji

THose who do not believe that a sikh has to take Gurmantra and call naam simran as a useless excericse may not be believing in Chautha pad also. Thye have different meanings for naam simran.

Veer Inder Singh ji, Welcome and Guru Fateh !!
I was anxiously waiting for you to join this thread again. Thanks.Please share your valuable ideas also and kindly lead to quench the thirst of soul. Gyaniji is a wise person and he has opened his heart that he is a Sikh first of all but as per the ref. of Sid Goashth, "Ros naa keeje Uttar dijey"
Let us join together and without any provocation, try to answer the question and share the dais peacefully.
Guru Fateh !!
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.

Feb 7, 2008

Ajmer singh ji

In my limited under standing our personality consists of three bodies namely gross body, subtle and casual body or sathul, shuksham and karan.These three bodies experience life in waking state, dreaming state and deep sleep state.So we experience rea;ity that is same differently in three stages.These are stages of maya. Chautha pad is that when by naam simran we achieve sahaj.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

GURU PIAYARIO JIOS
AJMER SINGH JI,
GURFATEH.

we are BOTh same age. IN Fact you look younger with black beard..mine is all white.
Apart from that... I have FULL FAITH IN GURU JI..and SGGS.

Hence I FOLLOW GURU JI....all the way. Just CATCH hold of the little finger of Guru ji..and NEVER LET GO..no matter how "experienced" we FEEL we have become with age !! we are forever nannaeh children in Guru Jis hands...IF in our Hankaar we let go..we FALL DOWN. Guaranteed.

Here I answer briefly your UNDERLINED question....on the Women in our Life..household dutioes etc...and Naam kammaii.

1. Family..GRISHTHEE JEEVAN....far from being a liability..a dhucharr...a set back...etc ITS the BEST WAY. ALL Previous sages, brahmgianis, devtas, swamis, rishis, yogis, naaths, etc etc etc... HATED HOUSEHOLDERS WAY...they said this is the biggest BARRIER...Woman is the Biggest Maya..way to HELL..she will stop and destroy any man's naam japp/naam kamaii etc etc.. Some even said a mere look at a woman is enough to send you to HELL forever...Guru ji sad..SO kion mnadah akheyeah jit jammeh Rajaan...SHE gave YOU this opportunity to see this world..how can she send you to HELL ?? Nine months she carried you...IN HER BODY... FOR YEARS she fed you from her BODY...she send you to HELL ?? is this a JOKE ?? a REVENGE of the UNGRATEFUL MAN !! AKIRTGHANN..worst crime in SGGS. BUT if we fail to have FULL FAITH IN SGGS..and GO WANDERING...in the "JUNGLE" of granths..vedas..mannus simrtees..charitars, stories of women viles, tall tales..etc etc and BELIEVE THAT RUBBISH as equal to Gurbani...tehn we are DOING EXACTLY what the SIDHS..the YOGIS..the Naaths..etc were DOING when Guru naanak Ji Confronted them and ADMONSHED them in Sidh Ghost...BTW Sidh...GHHOSHT..is TALKING...DEBATING...DISCUSSING...!!!! Guru Ji is NOT saying..LOOK here listen to ME..I am the GURU..either LISTEN to ME or SHUT UP !! END thsi here and NOW...He wasnt like US..his Sikhs...HE is GURU NANAK..the ever patient..the ever vigilant..the ever TRUTHFUL..the ever sweet, mitth bollrra ji har sajan mera..kadeh na boleh kaurra ji....although as YOUNG as a mere "boy" compared to the LONG BEARDS,..jattadharees of age reaching hundreds of years...HE is LISTENED TO...as He speaks with AUTHORITY...of TRUTH. That TRUTH is with us in SGGS. we just have to LOOK...with DEVOTION and TRUTH in our HEARTS...

BUT GURU NANAK JI went UP RIVER....against the Flow of EVERYONE ELSE. GURU JI said HOUSEHOLDER is COMPULSORY. ALL GURUS married and had families...some had so many DAUGHTERS too....just like some of us....such a big responsibility...all the Guurs married off their sons and daughters like all of us do...taking care of EVERYTHING..and also doing Naam kamaii of the HIGHEST ORDER. Every body said this is IMPOSSIBLE...how to do naam japp kamaii with a woman sleeping next to you ??? GURU JI said NO..thats the BEST and EASIEST WAY....stay in the POND..among the dirt and squalor..and KEEP AFLOAT like the Kanwal Flower !!!.

THE SGGS is FULL of this PRACTICAL ADVICE !! a Guru ka SIKh who has full FAITH and devotion can achieve what GURU JI ACHIEVED..so easily...that is not my words..its GURU JIS GUARANTEE...in SGGS.

Thank you Ji..Keep in Chardeekalla.

To my ears and eyes, this is poetry. More please.....(insert begging bowl icon)

Feb 7, 2008

Veer Inder ji,
Please -please explain it . I think i may be near to clue. Gurbani states
Tajo gun
Sato gun
Rajo gun
and one who does not indulge in these, achieves Chautha pad. My question is how can i avoid these three stages to achieve the fourth?
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.

Ajmer singh ji

By becoming a Gurmukh one can get rid of these stages of maya.Gurbani says
ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਚਉਥਾ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇ ॥
thrai gun maaeiaa mohu hai guramukh chouthhaa padh paae ||
The three qualities hold people in attachment to Maya. The Gurmukh attains the fourth state of higher consciousness.
13 Sriraag Guru Amar Das ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਮੇਲਾਇਅਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਿਆ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ॥
kar kirapaa maelaaeian har naam vasiaa man aae ||
Granting His Grace, God unites us with Himself. The Name of the Lord comes to abide within the mind.
13 Sriraag Guru Amar Das ਪੋਤੈ ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਹੈ ਤਿਨ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਮੇਲਾਇ ॥੧॥
pothai jin kai punn hai thin sathasangath maelaae ||1||
Those who have the treasure of goodness join the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. ||1||
14 Sriraag Guru Amar Das ਭਾਈ ਰੇ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸਾਚਿ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
bhaaee rae guramath saach rehaao ||
O Siblings of Destiny, follow the Guru's Teachings and dwell in truth.ang 30 SGGS JI

Re: Chauttah Pad: A spiritual life

Veerjio,
i follow these but still i wonder that three gun Maya moh ... phir chautha pad. Question is still unanswered as how to come out of three Gun/pad.
Once i did japp saunde-jaagde and reached the stage where i could not sleep because due to continuous Japp didn't allow me. my eves were sore and with great difficulty i could manage to attain my early life.
No doubt i enjoy the true congregation in sikhism where thy true name is recited....Satsangat kaisi jaaniye Jithe eko naam vakhaaniye!! and
"Paras bhent lanchan dhat hoyi Sat Sangat ki wadiaai !!"
That is also true "Sat sangat mahein Harju basahen..."
Speaking truth is possible but living a truthful life is not possible in this materialistic world of Maya-Moah. Should i not care my family and get away from my responsibilities in search of peace but that is also prohibited as Sanyas is not recommended but condemned.
So how to achieve chautha pad?
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa

Feb 7, 2008

Ajmer singh ji

I hope you have taken gurmantra from panj piaras and follow sikh rehat. I learned that for a sikh this is most important to realize state of bliss.

I read that living truthful life is also very essetial for raeching this stage. Akal purakh helps His devotees and comes to their aid when they are need.I am fortunate to know a few who have attained this state.

As you say that you had reached a state where ajapa jaap had started. I learned that one need continuity in his efforts and do not give up.

Feb 7, 2008

Ajmer singh ji

After sometime and with guru's grace jap becomes ajapa jaap. Ajapa jaap is that which goes on without effort and you do not have to be awake to do that.

ajapa jaap na visrae
aad jugad samaye

The mind that does not forget the Chant which is chanted without chanting
becomes immersed in Akal purakh.

ang 1291

Gyaniji.
I was blessed and i remember the continue japp in mind pressurised so heavily on my mind that ultimately i had to come out of it. (May be i unlucky) but here truthfully expressing myself. I have told you that my eyes got sore and while sleeping (Not slept but tandla -jaago-mitti) but i could not sleep, Waheguru-Waheguru chantingwas there, nothing else. This is very difficult to attain that stage but i really reached to that.
It is distracting me,Yes you are right, mind was chanting without chanting an this was the reason of eyes sore and in family life, there were certain other duties to perform. Ultimately i came out but with great difficulty. Was that the chautha pad or some stage nearby.
Regards.
Ajmer Singh Randhawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM