• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Changes In Prayer And Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear All,

I have read the responses of all. I have seen Rehras changing as I was growing up from the lastv 62 years. It used to end up by "Bhaee Prapat" Raag Asa by Guru Arjan. Then Chaupee was added and later the Dohira & Swaeyaa from the chapter of Ram Avtar of DG was added and now there are multiple Sabds of Guru Arjan Added. My question is who decides what to be recited. IMHO you can recite according what your heart feels like any time. All the rituals IMHO has no spiritual value. Attempt should be made to focus and hearing what ever one is reciting.
As Guru Nanak says in his Japji, Pauri 21;
ਤੀਰਥੁ ਤਪੁ ਦਇਆ ਦਤੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਪਾਵੈ ਤਿਲ ਕਾ ਮਾਨੁ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਮਨਿ ਕੀਤਾ ਭਾਉ ਅੰਤਰਗਤਿ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਮਲਿ ਨਾਉ ਸਭਿ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ ਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ਵਿਣੁ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਤੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ
Ŧirath ap a&shy;i&shy;ā a ān. Jė ko pāvai il kā mān. Sui&shy;ā mani&shy;ā man kīā bā&shy;o. Anarga irath mal nā&shy;o. Sab gu ėrė mai nāhī ko&shy;ė. vi guė baga na ho&shy;ė.<?"urn::eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<o:p> </o:p>
Pilgrimages, austere discipline, compassion and charity -these, by themselves, bring only an iota of merit. Listening and acceptance of the Word with love and humility cleanse the inner filth by pilgrimage of the sacred shrine deep within. All virtues are Yours, Lord, I have none at all. Without virtue, there is no devotional worship.
Any how we all have the right of agree to disagree.
With respects.
Virinder

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: