• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Central Board Of Film Certification: Remove Clips Related To “Son Of Sardar” From Internet

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
eaVLcZPzAYSkDXv-556x304-noPad.jpg

Sub: Petition/ Grievance for action against certification of un released Movie”SON OF SARDAR”

I have been deeply pained to watch the contents of OFFICIAL TRAILOR of forthcoming movie SON OF SARDAR which is Blasphemous, Defamatory, Objectionable, Injurious, Malicious, Insulting and demeaning. The movie is being produced by Ajay devgn,(devgan) Viacom 18 motion picture, ADF Ajay Devgn films, YRV Infra and Media (P)Ltd, directed by Mr Aswin Dheer due for release in November 2012 precisely on Diwali as per news. The main lead as a Sardar has also been enacted/played by Mr Ajay Devgn.
The trailer wrongly certified by you, has been viewed by 14 lakh in 5 days. It has sent wrongful signal in the society that Sikhs can be made jokes upon. This negates India’s culture of unity. As a Sikh youth, I am deeply shocked. I thought 1984 brutality against Sikhs was something of the past and that I live in a New Vibrant India, an India that respects all religions.

Wrongly, because, if you the 1st tenet of Sikhism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibitions_in_Sikhism
Cutting hair: Cutting hair is strictly forbidden in Sikhism. Sikhs are required to keep unshorn hair.
Lot of damage have been done by Singh is King and now this Son of Sardar.

As being the authority specially constituted in public interest and in interest of justice, I demand that the certificate be cancelled immediately and Ajay Devgn be called upon to remove all clips related to “Son of Sardar” from internet without any delay and replace it with an “apology to the Sikhs world wide”.

That in view of the violation of the Censor Board Film Certification Guidelines as also article 19(2) of Indian Constitution kindly stay the grant of Censor Board Certification for all matters pertaining to the said movie Son of Sardar.

We are afraid, if such movies against minorities be allowed, India, which already has a bad record of Human Rights will only get worsened.

Till such time you do not take action, the trailer can be seen here
Son Of Sardaar | Official Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

Sikhs have paid with their lives to free India, India that we all are proud of. People like you in power need to be sensitive to our feelings.

Looking forward to speedy action.

Regards

https://www.change.org/en-IN/petiti...et?utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
It has sent wrongful signal in the society that Sikhs can be made jokes upon.
It wasn't the movie that sent this signal. It was the assassination of Indira Gandhi by her trusted Sikh BODYGUARDS.

The movie attempts to put a limit on this and bandage the disconnect.

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Until only a few years ago Sikhs were shown only as jokers in bollywood. Remember clean shaven Jonny Lever with turban in Raja Hindustani? I also remember a Anil Kapoor movie in which his friend is a clean shaven yet dustar/patka wearing Sikh who speaks in a south Indian accent. He says " My father was a Punjabi and mother a south Indian"
Surprisingly no Sikh organization ever raised a voice against such disrespectful depiction of Sikhs.

It is only since last few years that Sikhs have been shown respectably in the main lead of Hindi films and all of a sudden these Sikh orgs are offended. Very surprising indeed. Or is it that they do not want to lose a chance of free publicity?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
The film hasn't even been released yet???

Also I cannot believe Ajay Devgun (himself a proud Sikh and Punjabi) would make fun of his own people. :mundaviolin:

If people don't like the fact he has a trimmed beared in the film need to take a walk around Punjab. 90% of Sikhs I know have trimmed beards. They are known as Sehajdhari's. I found nothing offensive in this clip.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
MOST SIKHS today believe in..DO AS I SAY..dont do as I DO. So seeing a trimmed beard is offensive..BUT they NEVER look in the MIRROR FIRST...seeing a drunk sikh is offensive..BUT they never watched their own Videos of Sikh Weddings which they attended and spent all day drunk and bhanggarrying...sadly most are sham sikhs..more into telling others what to do than doing the correct thing themsleves...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: