• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Celebrating Sikh Smiley Art By Mai Harinder Kaur Ji

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Bhagat Singh ji. A smiling crying smiley? That should be do-able. I did make some just crying - not joyfully - and they were just too sad.

harry ji: This made my day! I have put a lot of time and thought and work into these lil pictures and they mean a lot to me. I so much want them to bring joy to others. Did you know each one has a name and a story? I haven't told this; perhaps someday I will. You might notice that Didi is the musician of the group. japposatnamwaheguru: :tablakudi: Her lil brother tries, but just doesn't have her talent. :mundaviolin: Maybe when he gets a bit older. :motherlylove:

Of course, there's more...

:singhbhangra::mundabhangra:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Just for an idea for Tears of Joy!

Attachments

• tears-of-joy-smileys.jpg
    tears-of-joy-smileys.jpg
    3.9 KB · Reads: 2,807
  • tears-of-joy-smileys002.jpg
    tears-of-joy-smileys002.jpg
    15.9 KB · Reads: 1,665

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Aman Singh ji, those are good. I was thinking more along the lines of the one on the left. Except a bit more happy and with more tears.

Here, I did a smiley to illustrate... and then I got carried away. Lol

Mai ji, hope you are inspired by them to do more cool smileys. If I may be of further service, let me know.

Attachments

• Smiley Faces.jpg
    Smiley Faces.jpg
    77.7 KB · Reads: 272

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I find the one on the left which i will call '5 smileys in a dark cave' quite disturbing, actually it could also be '5 smileys who live in a doughnut', i also quite like wincing hedgehog smiley,

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Haha Harry ji, true. They do look like smileys in caves and doughnuts. I bet you find that broken smiley disturbing too, he died and spilled his guts (well at least he died happy). Now if you ask me, I was trying to portray bliss, experience of oneness, etc. lol

PS
The same smiley is disturbing, the same smiley is about bliss. peacesign

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
You are right he does. I guess he is blissful because he does not mind being a fried egg with a mono brow or a dead guy with spilled guts.

What else do these look like?

Hmm, that hedgehog one looks like he's having a trip... a hippy!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Bhagatsinghji,

In light of the fact that this thread is one of the few that I can be clown like with full impunity, and I am hiding at work from my wife, so I do not have to go home and do the garden, here goes

from the left

1. as stated above, + ice cream cone seen from above full of nuts shaped like smileys, a car tyre and wheel stolen from the famous smiley car, the top of a brown turban where the sardar has tied 5 juras, all looking like smileys

2. Robin Smiley Hood, snooker playing smiley

3. A smiley crying with pain from the fork in each ear, a smiley no longer constipated,

4. same as 2 but slightly more upset/happy

5. Smiley buried up to his head wearing a bow tie

6. smiley on lsd, smiley having just been stood on

and finally my favourite

7, Smiley facing the effects of too much cholay, (ok thats a bit close to bone for a philosophical forum, delete if you wish spnadminji)

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
3. a smiley no longer constipated
7. Smiley facing the effects of too much cholay
Hhahaha

Mai ji, note down all of Harry ji's suggestions. ;)

Let's get some "too much cholay " action going on in our replies.

Jan 9, 2012
Mai Ji, thanks so much for your original form of contribution (among others) to these discussions! Sometimes, one of your smileys is all that's needed to make a shorthand comment or a signature.
Since I see that the Request Line is open ...
Could I prevail upon you to make a Happy Singh with a white beard and a dark blue and white dastaar/fifty combination? We seniors need representation, too!
Shukriya!

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Mai Ji, thanks so much for your original form of contribution (among others) to these discussions! Sometimes, one of your smileys is all that's needed to make a shorthand comment or a signature.
Could I prevail upon you to make a Happy Singh with a white beard and a dark blue and white dastaar/fifty combination? We seniors need representation, too!
Shukriya!
My brother would you want the skull cap on top of the turban or underneath it mundahug. How about locks flowing on each side of the beard!mundahug

Life is too short to be ultra serious. Mai ji's contributions are amazing and wonderful.

Sat Sri Akal.

Jan 9, 2012
Bhai Sahib!

On the other hand, too few of us (and I, unfortunately, am one - but I'm trying to get myself into remission!) can be accused of taking life seriously enough ...

Actually, the skullcap isn't mandatory; it's simply convenient in terms of wearing tefillin (those black boxes with leather straps) during weekday morning prayers.
The peyot (sidelocks) are worn either inside or outside the turban. At least, this is what I've seen in those communities (like the traditional Yemenites) that still wear turbans today, and in historical pictures of Jews from other communities where turbans were worn, like Iraq.

Hey, if I had the skill to make smileys, I'd do it myself - but since Mai Ji displays such obvious talent in this area, and asks for suggestions for new ideas, why not?

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Shukriya!

May I use your avatar's beard? It's quite lovely.:)

I would also be pleased to make one with yarmulka and payess, if you'd like.
:mundabhangra:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Bhai Sahib!

Hey, if I had the skill to make smileys, I'd do it myself - but since Mai Ji displays such obvious talent in this area, and asks for suggestions for new ideas, why not?

Thank you.

Is this what you had in mind? Is that the right shade of blue. I tried to get t the colour of the Israeli flag, but I discovered that there doesn't seem tp be a uniform colour, so I just used what I think is a pretty colour.

If it meets with your approval, I'll submit it to the Administration.

Senior indeed. In April I will enjoy (?) my 60th birthday when I will officially turn into a "Wise Woman."

Attachments

• jewish sikh.png
    jewish sikh.png
    15.1 KB · Reads: 266
Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you.

Is this what you had in mind? Is that the right shade of blue. I tried to get t the colour of the Israeli flag, but I discovered that there doesn't seem tp be a uniform colour, so I just used what I think is a pretty colour.

If it meets with your approval, I'll submit it to the Administration.

Senior indeed. In April I will enjoy (?) my 60th birthday when I will officially turn into a "Wise Woman."
Mai ji if I may suggest,

• fifty is missing
  • May be give the face a bit of color of Awakeandsingh ji
He has to accept the final product cheeringmunda

Thanks and Sat Sri Akal

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Mai ji if I may suggest,

• fifty is missing
  • May be give the face a bit of color of Awakeandsingh ji
He has to accept the final product cheeringmunda

Thanks and Sat Sri Akal

• Look closer 50 is there. However, I might try to highlight it a bit.
  • I keep to the traditional yellow because I don't want to play into the false notion that being a Sikh has something to do with ethnicity
He likes it! I will, however, highlight the 50 a bit.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
  • Look closer 50 is there. However, I might try to highlight it a bit.
  • I keep to the traditional yellow because I don't want to play into the false notion that being a Sikh has something to do with ethnicity
He likes it! I will, however, highlight the 50 a bit.
Thank you for your effort.

Regards,

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: