• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Can You Expalin What Is Happening In This Video?

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I blame the Dasam Granth

Good one..!!! Hah,ha,,ha,,,,ahahaha.....oooh..I don't think you are being serious here ?!!!!

Anyway, whilst on the subject- I would just point out to others that may not be aware, that the jhatka warrior tradition was going on a very long time before the dasam granth. - At the times of Guru Hargobind Ji .

Whilst on this subject again, I would like to point out and state that this event of jhatka for tilak is khasitrya warrior tradition as mentioned. It was going on at the times of the gurus and was not for civilians, only for the warriors involved.
The importance is NOT the meat!
As in the video it is annointing the weapons and also it is the best preparation for the warrior in battle who is expected to take off human heads and witness the blood shed. Therefore it mentally prepares the warrior as well.
Also,the nihangs are not supposed to eat meat from other places such as restaurants and eateries etc (so No burgers sorry!!!).. They must do the jhatka and then consume.

The goat is ALWAYS skinned in this case and guess what the skin is used for.??
Yes- the skins on the tablas and dholaks that you find in all gurdwaras.
These skins are NOT ever synthesised!!! -They are REAL!!

I have also come across rumours that these kinds of videos are filmed by RSS and hindus who seem to have control over Hazoor sahib!!!
Firstly, I am sure that a lot of foreign money goes to hazoor sahib- Millions and millions. From this how much the hindu goverment gets its hands on, -I have no idea !!
But, I don't believe that they have control of the gurdwara in trying to send out false videos. The videos are real and so is the jhatka.
Remember that it was going on well before the british came and tried to ban it. SO, I don't think that RSS are controlling the jhatka anymore than the nihangs.- This is a false belief made by pro-veggie sikhs to NOT accept this activity at hazoor sahib.

The other thing is that I believe it currently happens at Patna sahib as well but there doesn't seem to be videos.
I'm not sure that you are even supposed to film it since it is a sacred act and there is usually only a handful of people present. A liitle similar to when Guru Granth Sahib ji is put to sleep and only a handful are present in the room.

You can get more information and explanations at sites like nihangsingh.org ...etc.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Lucky Singh ji
If it were not "I blame the Dasam Granth", it would be "I blame RSS" or "I blame Brahmins" or "I blame SGPC" or "I blame {insert what you hate the most i.e. what you are ignorant of}".<insert the="" profession="" community="" organization="" scripture="" you="" hate="" most=""></insert>

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I know, it's almost natural instinct blame someone else, especially if we can't explain or reason any kind of behaviour.
We are too damn spoilt!!!!!
It is just the easy way out to simply pass the blame to others, yet we are supposed to care and treat the whole of creation equally. This means to accept partial blame in all the good and bad that may happen in the world.
If we do this, then we may move forward somewhat easier.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Lucky Singh ji
If it were not "I blame the Dasam Granth", it would be "I blame RSS" or "I blame Brahmins" or "I blame SGPC" or "I blame {insert what you hate the most i.e. what you are ignorant of}".<insert the="" profession="" community="" organization="" scripture="" you="" hate="" most=""></insert>

in that case I blame the Jeep Cherokee, as well as the DG

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Lucky Singh ji,
I would simply stop blaming and go on with my study, meditation, righteous action and just see things for what they are. jo prabh kino soi bhal maniyo.

Because with blame, almost inevitably comes hatred, and we know jin prem kio tin he Prabh payo. Love thy enemy as yourself then you end up with Na ko bairi nahi begana and of course, Prabhu.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
But that is the thing though it is the fact that they "believe" and not "know", now the fact is that i can not complain on what the nihangs are doing is right or wrong, however if they "believe" in what they are doing is right, why is it done on the ground of Hazoor Sahib. A sikh following the 5K's is not just your ordinary sikh like some that label sikhs themselves today, these sikhs are either Gursikh, or Amritdhari sikhs, and what they do is not on that they believe what they follow is a belife, but what they follow is the truth of sikhi.

Well did Guru Gobind Singh die at present day Hazoor Sahib?

If your conclusion is yes, then you will also know that Hazoori Sikhs are the direct decendents of Guru Gobind Singh's warriors that accompanied him.

If your conclusion is no, then you have rewritten Sikh history all by yourself and Hazoori Sikhs were just dropped out of the sky from nowhere.

If you are going to debate I suggest you learn some basic facts, as most of us here are pretty knowlegeable in Sikh History.

Jhatka is something that has been done before sikhi, so it's not technically a "tradition" or "ritual" for sikhs/nihangs to do. However i say, i cannot complain whether it is right or wrong the fact is Jhatka should not be conducted at Hazoor Sahib, for the sake of respect.

Wrong. Jhatka means one blow. Thats all it means. It's not a ritual. Thats a fact. Jhatka can been used in the contexed of doing something quickly. You need to learn some basic Punjabi/Gurmukhi.

Sorry if this debate starts to get annoying i do know where you are coming from these i just my opinions.

WJKK WJKF.peacesign

It's ok to share opinions but you need to learn some basic facts. If you don't these debates go around in circles and I'll simply lock the topic.:singhsippingcoffee:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM