Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Leisure Can someone pls help me find this Waheguru Simran...??

Discussion in 'Business, Lifestyle & Leisure' started by Harkiran Kaur, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

It was put in the background of an entirely unrelated video on Youtube. I don't think they knew what was being chanted in it... but it's clearly 'Waheguru Sahib Jio"

But it's probably the most haunting simran I have ever heard! Anyway I'd like to find the original and listen to the whole thing...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just recorded the small clip they had in the video using voice memo on my iPhone so the quality is bad....

here is that small clip:

http://www.spirit-quest.ca/mp3/waheguru.mp3

I know its a long shot but... hoping someone recognizes it!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Learn Punjabi Can someone pls translate for me?? Language, Arts & Culture Feb 7, 2013
    What is view of Sikhism on lending money to someone? Questions and Answers Nov 17, 2015
    Ardas For Someone Questions and Answers Feb 20, 2015
    Is it wrong for a Sikh to marry someone with a different religion? Sikh Youth Apr 27, 2013
    General Can someone tell me about this music? Videos Jan 2, 2013

3. harmanpreet singh

harmanpreet singh India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

:( All i can say singers are trained in Classical Raaga/Indian Music ,above clip is Alaap .

4. kggr001

kggr001 Netherlands
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

5. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

kggr yes that first one, thanks!!

But now I need to know where I can download good quality MP3 so I can put it on my iPhone and listen with headphones the full version!

I tried a few Bhai Balvinder Singh's on iTunes - downloaded a few of their naan simrans but none were the right one.

6. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Akasha ji,

There are lots conversion wares on the net that can change the video into mp3.

7. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

Problem is, it cuts off... it's not the full original version which goes a lot longer and is higher quality sound. For now I have imported into garage band like I did the original clip and saved it but I'd REALLY like the full version

:)

8. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Google waheguru simran dodra

9. kggr001

kggr001 Netherlands
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

• Like Like x 3
  10. japjisahib04

japjisahib04 Kuwait
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor SPNer Contributor

• Like Like x 2
  11. Luckysingh

Luckysingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

The song is not bhai balvinder but it is an artist/composer called Balvinder Singh (Australia).
    He produces music by fusing electric,traditional and western sounds to create tracks. As you are probably aware, the vocalists that usually contribute in these kind of productions, don't usually get credit or are recognized.

The above track you are after is on his album called ''Reaching for home' ....and I believe there were 2 versions of this track on the album.

I'm also not a fan of converting and copying youtube vids to mp3 because the quality is hardly ever there and very often tampered with.

The above album can be found and downloaded from ''Sikhnet Gurbani Media center''... and I like this site compared to ''Sikhroots'' because you can stream in 64kbs and nearly most of the album material is much higher quality than bog standard 128kbps... it's usually near or more the 200 mark !!

• Like Like x 3