Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Can Somebody Clear My Confusion

Discussion in 'New to Sikhism' started by msbaath, Mar 7, 2011.

1. msbaath

msbaath
    Expand Collapse

Originally Posted by msbaath
    hi
    i have few questions
    1.i want to know if we(sikhs) are idol worshippers?
    2. and is idol worship necessarily fruitless(bhagat dhanna attained Godd by worshipping a stone)?
    3. aggs says god can be reached only through guru and worshipping a guru would be called idol worship but isnt it the only way to reach god?
    4. if we bow infront of aggs should we bow infront of a picture of aggs or to that matter infront of a picture of any other guru?
    5. if not does that mean we r bowing to the knowledge of aggs which is also stored in my laptop then should i bow infront of my laptop?
    6. aggs tell us to bow infront of a saint, does bowing infront of a saint makes him/her a competitor of our guru aggs, how should we treat a saint
    these are very basic questions and i dont think i can go to next level unelss i m confident about this
    thanks
    manpreet

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Islam Redirected from Do Sikhs Fall in Love with Somebody? Interfaith Dialogues Nov 16, 2009
    Do Sikhs Fall in Love with Somebody? Love & Marriage Nov 10, 2009
    "Somebody you love" & "Somebody you like" Inspirational Stories Jul 19, 2004
    Can somebody explain 'virtual memory' to me? Interfaith Dialogues Jun 24, 2004
    Sikh News Daily Meditation: Clear Mind Breaking News Mar 11, 2016

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

msbaath ji

I will try to be clear and brief. But something tells me that your confusion will not be cleared because you are getting information from some other source that is going to contradict what I am telling you. Thee are many sources out there who exist to create pure pakhand in the minds of everyone else. My answers in red font.

There is a point manpreet ji when we all need to believe Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the guide on our journey. Do not pay too much mind to the chatter in the background. I hope this helped and I hope it has stilled your confusion.

:happykaur:

• Like Like x 2
  4. jasbirkaleka

jasbirkaleka India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

ikonkaarSat Sri Akal,
    There is no denying the fact that we have become idol-worshipers and followers of meaningless riiualls which go absolutely against the basic teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
    As can be seen in the live tele-cast from Shri Harmandar Sahib,the way sangat scramble to touch the Palki in which SGGS is being carried,and even the shabads that are sung at that time smack of idol-worship.
    Ardas is offered to SGGS instead of to the Almighty,with all those reffences to Rumalas and be-ant maya that has been offerad to SGGS, first offerings of Parshad being offered to SGGS,all such rituals take us away from the real essence of Sikhism.
    All those ritual baths at Sarovers,drinking that water or even filling this water in bottles to be taken home,washing gurdwaras with milk and "holy" waters as was lately done at Hazoor Sahib, and there are other counless examples,which all go againgt the Sikh religion as visiualised by Guru Nanak Dev JI
    Let us all strive to bring Sikhi back to its prestine beauty.swordfight
    Bhul Chuk Maaf.

• Like Like x 2
  5. findingmyway

findingmyway
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

The answers to your questions are actually not difficult to explain and are very logical. They have been discussed extensively on older threads. Please look for them as all is explained. If you struggle with the search facility let me know and I will find some threads for you when I get home from work tonight. Unfortunately I have to leave for work now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

msbaath ji

All of the issues that you raised earlier about bowing and worshiping books, pictures, SGGS on a laptop have been discussed and discussed and discussed since this forum began. As findingmyway ji stated -- there are older threads on this subject. I am not asking you to believe me, but spoke directly to you. I have given the consensus view on all of these things. It is time to put them to rest.

Do not believe me if you don't agree. On the other hand, why raise the questions to begin with if you don't want contradiction? So let's end the discussion of bowing and worshiping. Or I confess i will move this thread and merge it with older threads on similar subjects. To keep it up is a form of spam.

7. msbaath

msbaath
    Expand Collapse

dear spnadmin g
    plz do merge it with the older forums
    thanks