• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Can Sikhs Respect Jesus As A Good Teacher As Some Jews Do ?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Re: Can Sikhs respect Jesus as a good teacher like some Jews do ?

Spji

Au Contraire, it is very much my concern, as a Sikh, I am not happy to respect any Tom, **** or Harry just because We are supposed to have a respect for learned men, I will respect any learned man, and try and learn something. I think that tolerance dressed up as respect is a wonderful notion, I also think you are hugely misguided if you feel that all religions are the same.

If Sikhism teaches us to respect all, does that include Christians with anti gay agendas? Hindus who exclude lower castes? Satanists who cut the heads of chickens?

I tolerate such people and would treat them with respect, but I do not believe in what they do, that is why they may be Hindu and I am a Sikh, sure I could even learn from them,

Only A Guru could see the beauty in the world and nothing more,

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self

I am not happy to respect any Tom, ****

Veer Ji I respect your view, if one happens to be anti gay then that is probably due to his acquired knowledge of morality, we could say that is his misfortune and there is no need to add norespect to his situation,anyway everyone has the potential to change and so the true one sees this and always rises above good and bad as the world sees it.

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Veer Ji I respect your view, if one happens to be anti gay then that is due to his acquired knowledge of morality,that is his misfortune and there is no need to add disrespect to it, the true one always rises above good and bad.

I know many that are anti gay because it opens the door of heaven to them, this has nothing to do with knowledge, acquired or otherwise.

If I do not respect someone, it does not follow I have disrespect

anyway, this is abuse, arguments are next door

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM