• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Can Sikh Girl Marry A Hindu Boy?

Can Sikh Girl Marry Hindu Boy

• Its permitted

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Its not permitted

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Its Ok if they already love each other

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Its not permiited within sikh religion

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
You right if same thing happened other way also.A hindu girl marring a sikh boy. Which is nearly non existent.

dakku "singh", what are you trying to say? Everytime I see you posting, you try to confirm that no women (esspecially hindu) on the world would marry a sikh guy. What is wrong with you? What are you trying to prove? There are plenty of "hindu women " who marry sikhs, like there are plenty vice versa... Are you trying to say, that Sikhs can never have a girl? Stop making me laugh

itsmaneet

SPNer
Jun 13, 2012
Nagpur, India
You right if same thing happened other way also.A hindu girl marring a sikh boy. Which is nearly non existent.
I agree with dakkau singh to some extent. Atleast in India i have hardly seen any hindu girl marrying a Sikh boy. But there are plenty where Sikh girls married hindus & muslims going against their parents .... Can't say much about it but one reason may be that such Sikh girls break trust of their parents, freedom given to them by their parents. Also, the same thing applies to a boy, they too marry other religion girls disobeying their parents. Infact look at Punjab for examples .. what the hell boys are upto to impress girls .... cutting hairs, beards, piercing ears, eye brows etc ... etc ..... it's all hell going on.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
what the hell boys are upto to impress girls .... cutting hairs, beards, piercing ears, eye brows etc ... etc ..... it's all hell going on.

I agree, with the wealth of role models in the Sikh community, the strong leadership, and the efforts to show understanding and willingness to educate, rather than dictate, how could all this happen, damn those boys!

HardFacts

SPNer
Oct 1, 2012
It appears to me also that these days large number of girls from Sikh families are marrying outside religion. They do not seem to have any inclination towards contributing to Sikhism. They do not care at all whether this will have any adverse affect on future of the religion.

In my opinion such tendencies do not seem to exist, at such a scale, in women of other religions such as Hinduism and Islam.

I believe that such apathy from women in sikh families is the single biggest reason why men are also giving up their identity so that they might find matches outside Sikhism

Last edited:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
It appears to me also that these days large number of girls from Sikh families are marrying outside religion. They do not seem to have any inclination towards contributing to Sikhism. They do not care at all whether this will have any adverse affect on future of the religion.

In my opinion such tendencies do not seem to exist, at such a scale, in women of other religions such as Hinduism and Islam.

I believe that such apathy from women in sikh families is the single biggest reason why men are also giving up their identity so that they might find matches outside Sikhism

Of course it always the woman's fault!!! That is definitely how all Sikh men should be-always blaming the woman :angrykudi:yellingsardarni

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
HardFacts ji couple of comments.
Perhaps more positively it defines strength that Sikhi provides to all, both men and women to be who they want and as they want. It does not shackle or persecute.
I believe findingmyway ji did a succinct comment on this. You never win in a blame game and it is just an excuse for not facing realities. Marriages are personal decisions and passing the baton versus facing up does not help at an individual level.

Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
There should be something and that is why you marry ,it's chemistry, her eyes are the catalyst,if she's right she will bond your atoms,I'm certain of something it's not her religion.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xzkhOmKVW08?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer one comment,
Veer Ji It seems we are both hopeless romantics,but why would an 'Energy /Creator/ Force' provide us this fine capacity for personal romance.It seems we have fallen in love with flowers and not the Grower.
Veer, Flowers and growers are two sides of the same. No point picking sides to upset the other and not connect to either. They do talk to each other and see, know and hear, etc., all that goes on :interestedmunda:

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Much time is wasted by many to show the differences between the flower and the grower versus spending time to see the sameness. As in,

• I want to find him/her
  • I want to merge
  • I want to submerge in one Jyot
Point is to note the relationship is dual with self as in the flower and the grower. Neither has purpose by self but they are always together mundahug

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
HardFacts ji couple of comments.Perhaps more positively it defines strength that Sikhi provides to all, both men and women to be who they want and as they want. It does not shackle or persecute.

How does marrying outside and indirectly converting to other religion define strength for women?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
How does marrying outside and indirectly converting to other religion define strength for women?
kds1980 ji I use the following thinking which is irrelevant to what religion one believes in or adheres to or is being linked to,

• As an adult you become responsible for your actions and destiny including marriage decisions
    • Strength
  • You are forced, coerced or dictated to comply, with promises or rewards for so doing
    • Weakness
Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

HardFacts

SPNer
Oct 1, 2012
Of course it always the woman's fault!!! That is definitely how all Sikh men should be-always blaming the woman :angrykudi:yellingsardarni
Why? Are women incapable of faulting ?

My opinions are based on what I have seen around. Unbelivable number of such marriages are happening around. If THOSE women felt some responsibility towards religion also we would not have been discussing this topic at many places.

If you think that its Sikh men that are at fault, please elaborate.

HardFacts

SPNer
Oct 1, 2012
HardFacts ji couple of comments.Perhaps more positively it defines strength that Sikhi provides to all, both men and women to be who they want and as they want. It does not shackle or persecute.
I do not believe that women who marry outside are driven by any strength from Sikhism. Rather Sikhism is completely irrelevant in their decisions.
I believe findingmyway ji did a succinct comment on this. You never win in a blame game and it is just an excuse for not facing realities.
My views were meant to be an observation rather than an excuse for anything. I believe this is an important step in facing up to the reality, its consequences and working on suitable remedies, if any.
Marriages are personal decisions and passing the baton versus facing up does not help at an individual level.
Marriages are personal and the big question is why contribution to religion is not part of that personal decision of many women as this would help Sikhism sustain itself and not ultimately be confined to history books.

Last edited:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Why? Are women incapable of faulting ?

My opinions are based on what I have seen around. Unbelivable number of such marriages are happening around. If THOSE women felt some responsibility towards religion also we would not have been discussing this topic at many places.

If you think that its Sikh men that are at fault, please elaborate.

Are men incapable of faulting?

I'll give you my own experience. Most "Sikh" men I've met have refused to consider me as a possible partner because I keep more kesh than just the kesh on my head. Several guys have told me this outright and therefore I am not considered attractive enough! Rather than give up my Sikhi, I chose to stay alone. If a man gives up his Sikhi to attract and unworthy "model" type girl, is that the woman's fault or the man's? If a guy puts a relationship before his faith or wants the wrong girl rather than his faith, that to me shows huge weakness of character. Each of us should take responsibility for our own actions and decisions. Blaming people never achieves anything. I'm sure the Guru's didn't complain and play the blame game. Instead they were exemplary in their own behaviour and encouraged others around them to do the same. The Guru's were never so narrow minded as to blanket accuse a whole group of people.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Marriages are personal and the big question is why contribution to religion is not part of that personal decision

Veer Ji If it's personal then no questions are needed, just as if she personally likes to eat rice, she will continue eating rice and encourage her kids to eat rice and her husband may even start eating rice!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM