Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Can Gurbani be a Worldly Attachment?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Kamala, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Worldly attachments are one of the 5 evils, "Moh".

*note: I am not saying or endorsing gurbani is evil, l0l.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Full PDF Of Gurbani Sangeet Parachin Reet Ratnavali By Bhai Avatar Singh Gurmat Sangeet Nov 22, 2016
    Mahala And Ghar In Gurbani Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Sep 21, 2016
    Sikhi Color Magic - Eminence Of Colors In Gurbani Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jun 24, 2016
    Importance Of Tirath / Pilgrimage As Per Gurbani Gurmat Vichaar Jun 1, 2016
    How To Meditate? | How To Do Naam Simran? | As Per Gurbani? Gurmat Vichaar Jun 1, 2016

3. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

Gurbani by definition detaches one from the world and attaches one to God (which in actuality is no attachment at all). What the mind gets attached to are the concepts in Gurbani. Like virtues, vices, reincarnation, liberation, truthful living, meditation, worship, the concept of almighty, omnipresent, limitless God etc. The mind, constantly attaching itself to objects, can attach itself to these things, and it needs to in order to learn but it must start cultivating detachment in order to progress. It must transcend the system it uses as a crutch.

So yes one can get attached to Gurbani but it is all part of the learning process. If done correctly, no attachment will remain at the end of the process.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Thank you!! I believe I got my answer.