Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Buy head covering/cloth things?

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by AngloSikhPeace, Sep 21, 2013.

1. AngloSikhPeace

AngloSikhPeace United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Currently I cover my head with a rectangular black patka/rumal which was cut from some scrap cloth from the end of my dastar. Unless I am practising tying my dastar of course. I kind of go for the, uh, 'Monty Panesar' look, with my joora visible as a bump above my forehead. Trouble is, the rough cloth I use has ragged edges and is possibly the wrong shape.

Is there anywhere I can buy a set of these type of patkas, with properly stitched sides and everything?

Other things I am looking for:
    -cloth to wrap around my hair to help make the joora, because my hair isn't long enough yet. I could probably use the rumal I have now for that though if I got hold of a new patka.

-Fifty

-Thatha and some of that beard-flattening stuff in case I get a job interview and need to look smart.

-A nice wrap for my gutka, which is one of those big ones which contains all the banis. I use a torn-off bit of cloth to keep the dust away atm, but it doesn't fit properly and I don't think it's very respectful anyway to always keep it in that old thing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Heritage Indo-Canadian billionaire buys rare Ranjit Singh sword History of Sikhism Apr 18, 2014
    Leisure How to Buy a Car! Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Mar 4, 2013
    Nita Ambani to buy 25K pieces of crockery from SL Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Dec 9, 2010
    India Ayodhya fallout fears prompt UP police to buy lathis for Rs 72.5 cr Breaking News Oct 3, 2010
    Mango Diplomacy - Americans flock to Toronto to Buy Coveted Mangoes Health & Nutrition Jul 28, 2010

3. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

Here you go:

http://www.gosikh.com/patka.php

• Like Like x 1
  4. AngloSikhPeace

AngloSikhPeace United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thankyou for the quick response.

But are those the ones with strings? I don't like the strings, or at least the four string ones. My hair isn't long enough to make a proper sized joora for the four-string ones anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

Mine isnt either... what I do is take about 1 M or so of regular turban material and wind it around my small joora like how you start a dumalla. it makes the joora thicker. Then I can put the patka over that and then I wrap the turban material over that. Eventually hope that I wont need to use the patka at all underneath without hair falling out. I dont wear dastar all the time right now, as I am just learning but thats how I have been doing it.

• Like Like x 3