• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Burdens Of The Soul

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
http://www.worldblessings.com/Daily_Inspiration_and_Spiritual_Guidance-Burdens_Of_The_Soul.html

Burdens Of The Soul

There are some souls which come to earth with much to accomplish. Their mission is challenging and arduous, and there are stages to its completion. Though the soul knows peace, faith, trust, and complete oneness with God ... the human self, the emotions and the daily consciousness often do not until later in the soul's development.

For these souls there is a need for comfort, rejuvenation, rest and tenderness on the human level. This allows the soul to unburden itself from the intensity and difficulty of what is being accomplished, and allows the physical and energy bodies to be sustained and nourished. Without the human level of rejuvenation, comfort and peace, the emotional and energy bodies become clogged, which creates distress and increased likelihood of stress related illness.

The human nervous system can receive much healing simply by experiencing the vibration of love and peace. In the later stages of the purification process there is created more connection between the soul's consciousness and the human consciousness, so that some of this vibration of love and peace can come through sitting quietly in meditation.

Copyright ©2005 WorldBlessings.com

jpshundal

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
These seers, especially of Vedanta Philosophy of Hindus have totally confused themselves about the distinction between the Human Mind, which has the Material Base of the Body, and invariably indulges in all types of material sensual pleasures and other impurities, which needs to be Purified, and the Soul, (God’s Ray of Light) which is verily God Himself abiding in the body in His Immanent Form, Who is of Infinite Virtues, All Pure, All Wise, the Source of Life, Creates and Sustains the body, as long He stays in it. God’s Light or Sat Guru in the body remains Aloof or Unaffected (Nirlaip) from the material effects of the body, just as Sun Rays falling on debris of filth remain unpolluted. Absolute God is in Spirit Form, creates the Material Universe, but remains Unaffected from the Material Universe, transcends it, and is called “Niranjana” (Unaffected by Matter or Maya), and so are the Rays of Light shed by Him, which are the Cause of All Creation in the IMMANENT FORM OF GOD. How can Immanent God or Sat Guru Poora in all can be got entangled by the ill effects of the Material things? It is the Mind, which is the sum total of all our feelings, thinking and beliefs, which has the Material Base and is the creation of Soul (Ray of God’s Light, as Perfect as God is), which is polluted with the poisonous material based thoughts. In Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS), Soul is called Sat Guru Poora in body as God Himself in Man. It is the Mind which is impure, embodying all the impurities of the material world, which needs to be reflected on Sat Guru Poora in complete love and devotion to get itself purified to become one with God. It is the Mind which is egoistic and creates the separate identity of the organism from God. There is thus the Duality existing in a person, of the selfishness of the Mind embodying all the evils of the material world, and the Divine, Who is All Pure and All Wise. Mind cannot be purified by mortification of the flesh, renunciation of the world and other ascetic practices. In this way we will be dealing with the unending effect of evil of the Mind only, rather increasing more filth in it of its egocentricity of holier than others. The Gurus teach us in SGGS that in this way we are only dealing with Effect of the Material Involvement for their removal, NOT the Unending Cause, which is the Mind within us. We are merely beating the snake hole on its surface, while the serpent remains alive within. (varmi mari sanmp na mar hi, nam na sunhi dora – Rag Asa, M.5, p 381 ). We should reflect our Mind on God in us and attain union with Him, thus remove the Duality existing in us. Mind will be purified like God is, we shall become immune from the impurities of the world. Unless the Two different Entities, Mind and Sat Guru Poora, become One Structure, Duality cannot be removed in Man. It is therefore, Sikhism teaches that No One Can Attain Union with Absulute God, except through Sat Guru Poora, the Infinite God in us. Utter confusion exists in all other religious systems and philosophers about the nature and status of God’s Light pervading everywhere and in all, which is Creative and is in the Form of Immanent God. This Central idea needs to be clearly understood, as Uniqueness of the Sikh Teachings from all other religious systems. This Basic Difference of the Sikh Teachings from all other systems, is the crux of the problem. Our (Sikhs) ignorance to this effect has caused all the confusion that exists in us.

Canuck Singh

SPNer
Jun 13, 2008
Can UK
The human nervous system can receive much healing simply by experiencing the vibration of love and peace. In the later stages of the purification process there is created more connection between the soul's consciousness and the human consciousness, so that some of this vibration of love and peace can come through sitting quietly in meditation.

Absolutely, and this is the way that Scientific research is heading with the changing face of health care.

The human body is a pharmacological machine that has yet to be fully tapped into its full potential

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Canuck Singh ji

You know a lot about physical systems and health and medicine. That is your chosen profession. It would be a wonderful thing if you would start some threads on holistic health -- treatment of the body and the soul.

What is your understanding of the benefits of aryuvedic medicine, herbal remedies, and things like that. Anything you can offer us would probably be very interesting and would be received enthusiastically by forum members.

Let me give you an example. There is an official website supported by the government of India that posts a dietary system for vegetarians with diabetes. This is a big problem, because vegetarians have to eat carbs since they don't eat meat or flesh of any kind. A problem for diabetics! So the web site is really valuable but not too many people know about it. That would be the kind of topic you could start. Start many; not just one.

:yes:

Canuck Singh

SPNer
Jun 13, 2008
Can UK
Canuck Singh ji

You know a lot about physical systems and health and medicine. That is your chosen profession. It would be a wonderful thing if you would start some threads on holistic health -- treatment of the body and the soul.

What is your understanding of the benefits of aryuvedic medicine, herbal remedies, and things like that. Anything you can offer us would probably be very interesting and would be received enthusiastically by forum members.

:yes:

Dear Ji,

I will not speak out of ego in saying this, but I have been granted a great deal of knowledge about optimum living. This is my profession indeed, but also the fact that it is my Inspiration and as such the knowledge has come to me. It is soon to be my duty to share it, and for that reason I have posted a great deal of research studies on the forum in my signature. In order to save being redundant relevant research is posted there.

The important thing to know is that within nature many things exist to allow us to live long and healthy, however anything that I recommend is usually in light of research and scientific evidence, even if it is of eastern origin. It is important to realize that what people claim to be the Truth isn't necessarily so. Medical treatment in North America is responsible for the most mortalities, and people are led to believe that alzheimer's and deterioration during old age is inevitable. This is a mistake, and no one should live to believe that, as they will fail to reach their human potential. Do not get me wrong medical treatment is important, but it should be in light of other natural factors that complement optimum living.

In regards to Aryuveda and herbs, as well as traditional chinese medicine amongst others have their place as complementary health faculties especially when there is evidence of their efficacy. But again that is the key, the evidence is catching up and revealing new and interesting things about living long and healthy. However, the interesting thing is with the likes of Baba Buddha Ji, and the lifestyle imparted for Sikhs all natural ways of living long are already known. All we need to do is go back to nature, and pick up on all the nice science bits that we have learned along the way. :yes:

The key things that people need to realize are: The human body is designed for movement, the human body interacts with its environment, the human body requires nutrients for optimum health, the human body must breathe and learn to accept conscious and unconscious patterns manifest in the body and must practice to remove dysfunction, the human mind is a constant rattler of mental and physical health it must constantly be trained into positivity, because of human actions of the past and genetic diseases we must accept medicines in light of all of the above but not exclusively.

Interestingly the punjabi community in Vancouver Canada has the worst rate of heart disease and diabetes in North America. Majority of punjabi community are Sikh. So I can safely state that everyone would benefit from new found knowledge in natural health.

Will contribute when and where I can. With research to boot.

Regards

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Canuck ji

I know you have a lot of knowledge. That is why you are a prime candidate for some systematic exploration of holistic health on SPN. Hope I can convince you to do more because that would be better than a relatively ignorant person like me posting these items without any understanding. A little learning is a dangerous thing.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM