• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Body Of Murdered Sikh Guru Returns To India

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Body of murdered Sikh guru returns to India (AFP via Yahoo! News)

the trouble is with the word "guru"..its so common..under every stone in India there is a guru...there are Yoga gurus..Health Gurus,,and even Sex Gurus....and we cant blame these media writers...because most of these gurus do look like sikhs..long hair and beards and dastaars...and all..:}--}::}--}:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

the trouble is with the word "guru"..its so common..under every stone in India there is a guru...there are Yoga gurus..Health Gurus,,and even Sex Gurus....and we cant blame these media writers...because most of these gurus do look like sikhs..long hair and beards and dastaars...and all..:}--}::}--}:

Gyani ji,

Guru Fateh.

You are prefectly right. But this even gets worse in Ferozepore, my hometown where the Sodhi families who belong to the Prithvi Chand part of the family and call themselves Gurus. Their official names start with Gurus, Kanwars and Ranas. In fact one of the Ranas and I grew up together. He is a big politician now and right hand man of Capt. Amarinder Singh escpecially when he was the CM of Punjab.

Tejwant Singh

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London

Then you have images like this to 'inform' the western mind.......

the-love-guru.jpg

the-guru.jpg

Manisha

SPNer
May 26, 2009
UK

western mind

Well yeah, because everybody knows Guru means teacher, so everyone uses this only in the form to express 'teacher' - So it's used for everything even relating to stupid things - Not in the same way that Sikhism is formed from Gurus.. I.e. My economics teacher calls himself "The Guru of Economics"

I felt slightly offended because he was saying it in a funny way when it's not really funny to me.. But then again.. That's the "Western mind"..

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

The people who killed Ramanand have made him a Martyr in the eye's of common Indians and especially for Dalits.Uttar pradesh Chief minister mayawati Attended his funeral.Before this incident hardly anybody knew his name

Manisha

SPNer
May 26, 2009
UK

The people who killed Ramanand have made him a Martyr in the eye's of common Indians and especially for Dalits.Uttar pradesh Chief minister mayawati Attended his funeral.Before this incident hardly anybody knew his name

1st of all, where the hell did Dalit come from - why are there so many "names" for Ravidass followers?

And that's true, because of such extreme actions towards the Sant, even my family (parents/uncles/aunties) get obssessed with any news regarding him.. So I wonder if the Sikhs have got any satisfaction from what they did..

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

1st of all, where the hell did Dalit come from - why are there so many "names" for Ravidass followers?

And that's true, because of such extreme actions towards the Sant, even my family (parents/uncles/aunties) get obssessed with any news regarding him.. So I wonder if the Sikhs have got any satisfaction from what they did..

I did not use word Dalit in derogatory sense.Dalit is word used for untouchables of India.
Mayawati is not a Ravidassia.She is a dalit leader but still she attended his funeral and said that our community should get justice .

As far as satisfaction is concerned I am wondering why are you asking this question here.
No one here supported his assasination and still the cause for this is unknown

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London

So I wonder if the Sikhs have got any satisfaction from what they did..

Whether 'Sikhs' did it or not is another question. But go on Sikhsangat.com and you will find few {censored}s happy about it.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Gyani ji,

Guru Fateh.

You are prefectly right. But this even gets worse in Ferozepore, my hometown where the Sodhi families who belong to the Prithvi Chand part of the family and call themselves Gurus. Their official names start with Gurus, Kanwars and Ranas. In fact one of the Ranas and I grew up together. He is a big politician now and right hand man of Capt. Amarinder Singh escpecially when he was the CM of Punjab.

Tejwant Singh

Is he the Rana GURJIT SINGH who stood in Khadoor Sahib Seat and won in Sultanpur and Kapurthala but lost in taranTaran..hence losing the Khadoor seat. to Jathedar Ajnala of badal dal.
I know this Rana..he is a good man...humble and very approachable...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

so my guess is..we will have to "live" with this..and tolerate it...and YES "GURU" is now even more common as in Guru of IT..Guru of Communications etc..Media Guru..blah blah..

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Is he the Rana GURJIT SINGH who stood in Khadoor Sahib Seat and won in Sultanpur and Kapurthala but lost in taranTaran..hence losing the Khadoor seat. to Jathedar Ajnala of badal dal.
I know this Rana..he is a good man...humble and very approachable...

Gyani ji,

Guru Fateh.

No. He is Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi who is MLA Punjab and is from Guru Harsahai where they have a so called POTHI from which they still rake tons of money. He had I were classmates and buddies.

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

and speaking of this..plenty of BEDIS, BHALLAS, and of course SODHIS...besides the ususal...Ram Raiyas, Baba Wadbhagees etc etc..who cares ?? one might think..but there are plenty of fools who think these guys are "holy"..just by being descendants/lienage of Guru Ji when GURU JI REJECTED the First Born/lineage as utter RUBBISH. IT was a BEDI who was stopped by the Singh Sabah Agitation from sittng in Gurdawras with special Gadee srahnna...Sikhism sorely needs another SINGH SABHA --- CLEAN UP THE MESS CAMPAIGN...we have collected masses of rubbish..

May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh....

Well....every incident has some deep effects....and everything happens for reason...some things has to be happen so that water should not go over you nose....

I heard that he has been informed and warned from last one year no to sit parallel to SGGS Ji.... and don't let sangat bow to you in presence of SGGS Ji........

Guru Arjan Dev Ji told Baba Buddha Ji ..that if Jehagir doesn't turns on right path...then prepare Guru Hargobind with full weapon training, because that is the time to revert back with weapons. Because Religion can only be saved if it is backed by power... and we need to have this power..otherwise Sikhism will not be there...Guru Hargobind Ji used to wear Two Swords..Miri and Piri...Incorported Akal Takht...and risen two Nishan Sahib, Miri and Piri.

At one point we have to show that we will not tolerate beyond a point.... this is what our Guru taught us... we are polite many times...but at last....we revert ........ a good example is listen to "RESPONSE TO 1984" by Gyani Sant Singh Ji "Maskeen"......

YouTube - 1984 1 Response to Blue Star- Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen

YouTube - 1984 2 Response to Blue Star- Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen

YouTube - 1984 3 Response to Blue Star- Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen

YouTube - 1984 4 Response to Blue Star- Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen

YouTube - 1984 5 Response to Blue Star- Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen

Chardi Kala............

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: