Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Bhayaa Deewana Shah Ka

Discussion in 'Gurmat Sangeet' started by Roop Kaur, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Roop Kaur

Roop Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Sat Sri Akal my fellow SPN'ers!

I'm hoping I've posted this where it should be. Although I'm sure the marvellous admin will move it if required :grinningkaur:

I came across this shabad the other day, and was simply blown away by it's beauty. I just thought I'd share it with you guys. I think it is by a man named Parminder Singh. Anyone know him?

Anyway, enjoy! I know it doesn't sound like the traditional 'vaaja, tabla' kirtan shabad's, but it still warmed my heart :)

YouTube - bhyaa dewanaa shah ka

Rab rakha.
    Roop Kaur

• Like Like x 2
  2. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

roop kaur ji

I checked the comments on the YouTube site for the video. Often there are bits and pieces of information that answer questions you have. There was nothing there. So I posted the video on facebook with questions. On my list of facebook friends are several people who are really steeped in Indian music, sangeet traditions, sometimes even Hindi and Persian variations on musical styles of kirtan. There is a good chance that answers will surface. So let's give it a day or two.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roop Kaur

Roop Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Spnadmin ji, thank you! It would be absolutely lovely to find out who this mysterious voice belongs to!

Rab rakha

• Like Like x 1