Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Nirmal Singh Khalsa Pipli Sahib Wale

Discussion in 'Kirtan Video' started by Harkiran Kaur, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    S. Harbhajan Singh Ji (USA) S/o Bhai Sammund Singh Ji Kirtan Sewa In Darbar Sahib Amritsar Gurmat Vichaar Apr 23, 2016
    Christianity Bhai Sahib Bhai Mohinder Singh meets Pope Francis Interfaith Dialogues Mar 23, 2013
    My Sovereign: Guru Gobind Singh Sahib (Imagery of Bhai Nand Lal) Spiritual Articles Jan 2, 2013
    India Namdhari Leader Shot Dead Near Bhaini Sahib Breaking News Apr 13, 2011
    Kirtan Jisda Sahib Dada Hoye by Bhai Gopal Singh Ji Videos Aug 13, 2009

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

I was just thinking about you a few minutes ago. Thanks for checking in with such a nice gift to the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

I have been listening to their work for awhile now... I had their first cd and now there is a second. They take the shabads and add more modern music combined with traditional instruments for a truly unique feel and lots of emotion! I never knew they had a reverbnation account until yesterday... I had purchased their first cd on iTunes, but since they have them free on reverbnation I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted their music!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

PIPLI SAHIB is a SECT whose Founder Harnam Singh was BURIED in a Grave becasue he ahd foretold that he would RETURN...of course this didnt happen !! (surprise surprise )..and his followers who were matha teking to the grave raised troo many eyebrows...so what happend next was they INSTLAEED a SGGS over the GRAVE...and then began saying they actually matha to SGGS..This was then going on until some sikhs raised such a hue and cry that the SGGS was removed..and installed a few feet away from the grave...These people DONT WEAR DASTAAR...just a BLUE Patka on the head..and a BLUE Kamarband around the waist..NO KIRPAN etc.( Becauee Naam japp is more important than WEAPON/shshtar) ..they w ere then known as the BLUE NEELDHAREE PANTH...and recently with the Advent of the BADAL CONTROLLED Akal takhat jathedar...ALL 'such" VOTE BANKS have been ..."welcomed back" into the mainstream Panth...and declared Sikhs by the Jathedar..while being allowed to do their own thing as before...

Guru Gobind Singh ji established the GURU KHALSA PANTH...no special COLOURS of patkas etc..but this man Harnam singh ordained special BLUE patkas etc...BUT GURU GOBIND SINGH ji did ORDAIN Carrying of KIRPAN..which Hranam singh says NO NEED !! you DECIDE.

Read ALL the comments on website no. 3...the neeldharees have huge FINANCIAL backing esp in bangkok/singapore/malaysia..and their Place in bangkok is bigger than the king of thailands palace...

1. THEIR WEBSITE... http://neeldhari-pipli.com/
    2. http://neelabanna.weebly.com/neeldhari-mariyada.html
    3 http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Neeldhari_Panth READ FINAL FORETELLING...
    4. http://www.{url not allowed}/index.php?/topic/47819-neeldhari/page-7

THE SGGS..is always the STARTING POINT....it was the exact same with the RADHASOAMIS..and today there is no SGGS at BEAS...simply becasue the Beas Guru us now so well established he doesnt "need" the SGGS....same for namdharees..Nanaksarees..Nanaksarees ahve actually begun leaving the SGGS at home and taking along pictures of their dead babas in the Palki reserved for SGGS when they take out Nagar Kirtans....so they are just one step behind the BEAS fellow...

DONT BE MISLED...even if its just SGGS set to beautiful Music..etc etc...see the FACE behind the SGGS....a robber holding a steel knife..a rusty old broken knife..or a 24 Karat Golden Knife...is out to kill and rob... a "Sajjan Thuggh" may be reciting bani..but has intentions on becoming a better THUGGH...??? what shall we do...BE AWARE...ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER than sweet music...the Maryada says it all...

• Like Like x 9
  6. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

The Present LEADER of this sect has appropriated the TITLE..'RAAJ JOGI" which in Sikh Tradition is reserved ONLY for GURU RAMDASS JI as per the Bhatt Swaiyahs addressed to Guru ramdass Ji in SGGS.

Many have taken the word Sant..Mahapurashs..Brahmgyani..etc etc..but this fellow is the first to say he is RAAJ JOGI as well...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

Can't the music just be... music? Does it matter what sect etc. the artist belongs to? The actual shabads are still from SGGS - I also listen to some music created by 3HO members (eg. Singh Kaur)... it doesn't mean I believe in kundalini yoga... just that I like the emotion that was put into the music. I never knew what sect these guys belong to... and for me it doesn't matter. It only matters that they are Sikh and that as humans we are all one. Doesn't mean I will start wearing blue keskis and a cumberbund...

• Like Like x 2
  8. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Akasha ji

I don't believe Gyani ji was criticizing the music or that links to the music were posted here. He was adding information and detail on background. Actually I found it very interesting - something I had not known about previously. And I too will listen as I have in the past, and others will too. One of the greatest raagis in my opinion was the late Surjit Singh, and he too was a member of a unique branch of Sikhi. No one could involve a sangat in congregational singing the way he did either. (Right now I cannot remember which one, but he was :) )

• Like Like x 5
  9. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

This really is beautiful kirtan bhainji. Thanks again for sharing!!! I will be buying their albums to support their music production.

10. Abneet

Abneet
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gyani ji has made some very good points about this bhai sahib. Even if you listen to his music you are still supporting his work and his actions. Look at it this way, you should always know background information of who you are listening too. If Jarnail ji is right about the truth about this bhai sahib than its a whole different scenario. Staying away from these fools and their music would be a better choice even if the music is very intriguing. Like I just said a few lines ago, You support a sect and their work if you listen to their music. Keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

I can see both points of view on this.

On the one hand, they are producing Amrit Kirtan that appeals to a particular audience. From what I can tell it is kirtan from the amrit kirtan book that any gyani or bhai sahib might use in the Gurdwara. Ultimately they are singing the bani of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

On the other hand, by purchasing the music, the Neeldhari sect benefits. I don't know enough about them to make a judgement either way on their practices. They're still probably better than a lot of commercial companies through whom we buy music almost every day.

I like their music, it's incredibly well produced, I'd like them to keep making more of it, and they'll only do that if they have the resources to do so.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

That would be very nice and noble ishna ji.. I get to hear many different messages and tunes from all round the world..i listen to each one..and try to inform...but final decision rests with each of us individually...same thing a friend in UK told me about buying the Skinhead BNP paraphenia...he thinks the programme of that party in UK is worthy...and some Sikhs are members too...I have Sikhs who go regularly to the Beas Dera..they matha tek money, buy their books and cds too...some attend the namdahree deras, many send money regualrly to Wadbhag Singh Dera to finance his bhoot driving diwans..all are :Sikhs"... .to each his own..

have a look at the MAHARAJA GARDEN CITY BANGKOK. ( Google this).( they have a facebook account too..join it ) This is the Pipili sahib Raaj Yogis mansion in Bangkok..i am sure they need more money to finance their "music".. http://neeldhari-pipli.com/

Btw my own personal stand..I ENJOY the Daily dose of Live Kirtan form darbar sahib Amrtisar via satelite tv..BUT I personally wouldnt give them a cent as I know where the money goes to. I send my daswandh to Pingalwarra Sahib.......thats my view and i too am "SIKH" !!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

I always find the length of the name a pretty good indicator

• Like Like x 4
  14. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

ESPECIALLY when the ORIGINAL AUTHOR..is just a mere NUMBER...MH:1..
    MH: 2..MH 5 etc !!! and simply NANAK.period. No Guru no Guru sahib..No Gurus sahib guru ji..no brahmgyani ji, no sant ji..no Mahapurash Ji...just SIMPLE Mehalla Pehlla !! dooja teeja chautha panjvan and nauvan. Leadership by EXAMPLE is Gurmatt way...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

I just discovered they share their music freely, legitimately. Problem solved. LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

I did post in the OP that link has ALL their music for download for free... so you don't have to purchase it.

Myself, I like their music because of the use of more modern instruments (and they use traditional ones in there as well)... and I can't find anything like it anywhere else except maybe 3HO. And I don't support 3HO either....

I find the use of more modern instruments makes it more easy to get into the meditative state. I find just the use of harmonium and tabla alone... I think it's the harmonium I have trouble with, not tabla. Harmonium is such a 'harsh' sounding instrument to me. For mediation prayer etc I find more subtle instruments like piano, guitar and harp just make it easier for me to relax. Also, much slower tempos... I think that's why I like the music of Singh Kaur. But I definitely don't do kundalini yoga or follow or support the works of Yogi Bhajan.

I'm torn... I want to just be able to listen to the music that touches my soul...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

Akasha Ji,

The HARMONIUM that 100.10% Ragis and wanna be ragis etc use today is actually a BRITISH introduction to Indian Muisc scene..

Guru nanak ji used just the REBAB..a stringed instrument that is almost LOST ...buried deep in the sands of TIME....and its acknowledged that the REBAB is nearest to the Human Vocal Chords... Guur Arjun Ji Sahib used the other instruments like sirandah, etc etc...all TRADITIONAL STRINGED INSTRUMENTS that soothe the soul and bring about a peaceful meditative state of mind suitable for the Raags used in SGGS.

The Immense popularity of the harmonomium rests on its EASE of use..any half baked person who has at least 5 fingers on one hand can learn to play it. Thats why every one carries these around..most jathas have 2 of them..the LEARNER ragi sits on the SIDE VAJA...and once he gets enough experience..he moves to the MIDDLE and for that to happen he has to form his own JATHA !!(Obvioulsy the Middle ragi wont surrender his jatha-hood position in the middle)..so another half baked one will then occupy the SIDE Harmonium post...and so the musical chairs of RAGI JATHAS continue...

A relatively Good ragi jatha has a couple of stringed instrument players..and GURU ARJUN JI himslef has instructed all SIKHS to LEARN these and SING the KIRTAN themsleves.....but most Sikhs rather sit and watch the harmonium playing musicians entertain them..sad...:soccersingh::soccersingh::soccersingh:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Akasha ji I'm 100% with you on needing to find music that resonates for you and that's why I like their music too, and a lot of Snatam Kaur as well.

I know you said the music was downloadable in your OP but I wasn't sure if it was a legit source or not.

I also really enjoy simple tabla, harmonium and vocal though. I'm not so keen on the sitar, and I'm not very familiar with other instruments. I wonder if I can find any rebab music on youtube, just to hear it. *goes searching*

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

• Like Like x 2
  20. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

Guys and Gaals...out there..listen buy..downlaod..whatever..as much as you want..
    My posts are just to put these facts before you so you know...

1. DERAWADEES....from Radha Soami Beas..to Namdharees..nanaksarees..Neeldharees..etc etc ALL BELIEVE in the HUMAN FACTOR...and thus REJECT the GURUSHIP of the SGGS. ( the More established ones as the radhasoamis and namdharees REJECT 100%...while the others who still "need" the SGGS PROP...reject Half Heartedly !!). Early pics of Radha Soami BEAS are proof that this is true..thsoe early pics show their Human Guur seated behind the parkashed SGGS...today he sits alone on Stage as SOLE MASTER....The NAMDHAREES are MASTERS at the ORIGINAL Raags and snageet of SGGS..they play the original stringed instruments and sing the original Gurbani in Raags so well..BUT they also TOTALLY REJECT the SGGS as GURU and have a Human satguru. The 3HO have total faith in Yogi harbhajan !! Same goes for the NAMDHAREE SPLIT..NEELDHAREE DERAWADEES..they beleive more in their PIPLI Harnam Singh and present Head who self titled himself RAAJ JOGI..

3. The other day i passed by a BAR cum Hotel owned by a SIKH...and i heard a Gurbani Shabad being played by the Live band...and it was very well done..my wife said lest go in..i said ..GO IN..to a BAR ?? She said..Yeah..its GURBANI...we are not going in for a drink ?? are we..we sit and listen to gurbani ??? is that wrong ?? Never mind that the ENVIRONMENT of a BAR is totally out of sync with the DIVINE MESSAGE of GURBANI ??

4. A DERAWADEE SITE/DERA singing GURBANI is similar ...the DERA has its own Human GURU..human intermediary who gives guidance/advice/mantars/ etc which human intermediaries are totally rejected by SGGS as unnecessary..that ENVIRONMENT is unsuitable for listening to the message of Gurbani...

5. WEB based..DERAS..rely on " MOUSE CLICKS" and DOWNLOADS..as a way of showing the "CROWDS" that the down to earth deras show by filling their Tents with HUMANS !! The BIGGER the CROWD milling about inside a TENT..the bigger the propoganda appeal..WAH..WOW..how popualr this BABA JI is...same thing achieved by Clicks and downloads at their WEB DERAS.

I have passed by the BEAS DERA numerous times....numerous times have i been personally invited to just "GO IN and see.."..i did go ONCE...just to SEE for MYSELF..and the way I was BODY SEARCHED by the Security ( the Human baba Ji is afraid of Bombs)..i decided that i wouldnt wnat to be humilaited that way ever again.. Did also viist the NANAKSAR DERA once..saw so many babas and their Manjas. beds. chairs slippers (used by the DEAD Babaji) and people matha teking to chairs and slippers...that again i decided thats the last visit there...as for PIPLI Sahib..Namdharee darbar etc..PICTURES available on the web decided the issue of my ever visiting them..

5. DECISION FACTOR - Example of BAR....would I enter a BAR even if just to get a soft drink or glass of milk ?? I would think this way...Have I EXHAUSTED all the various sources of soft drinks/water/milk that I find it necessary to enter a BAR to get that ?? IF Not..then why go to a BAR even for a MILK Drink ?? I ma sure their MILK tastes the same and may even be better served in a fancy CRYSTAL glass set to background music etc..
    Same way..I would think Have I EXHAUSTED the entire 1429 pages of SGGS...that i "need" a DERAWADEE produced SHABAD to "enhance" my knolwedge/experience/meditation/enjoyment of GURBANI ?? Do I need to go to PIPLI SAHIB to further my knowledge of SGGS in nay way ?? Will a NAMDHAREE singing raag ASA in its Original State to the sarangi instead of the WEIRD HARMONIUM..help me be a BETTER SIKH ?? When I KNOW that the NAMDHAREE REJECTS the SHABAD as GURU ?? Can I in all honesty pass my DASWANDH to a "beggar" i KNOW is FAKING his missing LEG ??..no matter how pitiful..how real he looks...

Thats all Jios..questions to PONDER....the GURU is HIGHLY PERSONAL...we dont need anything..not human..not the SPN..not the 3HO..not a CD or DVD..NOTHING..all we need is our own LOVE...one step..and HE comes HEADLONG RUSHING a thousand miles TOWARDS US...no crutches needed to take that ONE SINGLE STEP...just take it.:japosatnamwaheguru:

• Like Like x 4
  21. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

yes Ishna ji..thats a Rebab...most probabaly simialr to the one used by bhai mardana Ji to accompany Guru nanak ji sahib...some one ahs researched on a rebab used by Guru Gobind Singh ji as well..google it and you may discover soemthing too..

• Like Like x 1