Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Partition Bhai Dit Singh Patrika

Discussion in 'History of Sikhism' started by mantu145, Nov 18, 2013.

1. mantu145

mantu145
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Dear All,
    I recently read an announcement in Bhai Dit Singh Patrika that SPN would be hosting all the issues of the magazine on this site.
    Can someone please email me all the links of the back issues.

Gur Fateh,

personal email removed as a safety concern. spnadmin

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Controversial Bhai Daljeet Singh Bittu acquitted of Sedition Charge Hard Talk Jun 10, 2010
    Sanatan Sikhi Seva Panth - Tradition Begun by Bhai Khanaiya Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Oct 4, 2009
    Full PDF Of Gurbani Sangeet Parachin Reet Ratnavali By Bhai Avatar Singh Gurmat Sangeet Nov 22, 2016
    Sawal Jawab Prof. Inder Singh Ghagga, Bhai Sarbjit Singh Dhunda Dasam Granth Oct 18, 2016
    Sikh Rahit Maryada | Bhai Sarabjit Singh Dhunda Gurmat Vichaar May 27, 2016

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

This is news to me. I will keep you posted.

4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

piaare jio

All you have to do is Google Bhai Dit Singh Patrika, and find the .com homepage. Click on that, and then select the tab for "Magazines" Then you have a choice in the drop down menu for 2011, 2012, and 2013. Make your choice of year and then you see tabs for each month. Click the month you want for the year you want and you are good to go.

I am not posting the url because it navigates to a web site containing advertisements that I do not wish to support. Why would they need my help?

Explanation

Early in his career Bhai Dit Singh Patrika had strong ties to the Arya Samaj movement. It was not until he forged a friendship with Bhai Gurmukh Singh (excommunicated by the Amritsar Khalsa Diwan) that he changed his views and wrote his fervent writings in support of the Singh Sabha movement. He aligned himself with the Lahore Khalsa Diwan. However, it was only in 1888 that Giani Dit Singh severed his ties with Arya Samaj and began to summarize his view of fallacies within that movement. So we have to consider that there are 2 very different themes within his work, early and later post 1888.

The magazine that he began, entitled "Khalsa," represents Giani Dit Singh's interpretation and support of Singh Sabha reforms in the late 19th and into the early 20th Century.

• Like Like x 1
  5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

6. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

The Gyani Ditt Singh patrika is a recent Monthly started by fans of Gyani Ji to spread his Singh Sabha ideals. It has been quite successful so far. A few original copies were mailed to me when it began publication and since its Editors uphold what Gyani Ditt Singh Preached that is ok for SPN too because we also do the same. But SPN is independent of all and solely on SGGS.

• Like Like x 1