• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Benefits Of Eating Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
In direct reply to the vege-fascist post!!! Sorry folks to stoop to their level!!

http://www.iloveindia.com/nutrition/recipes/non-veg-dishes/goodness-of-meat.html

Health Benefits of Eating Meat

There are innumerable health benefits of eating meat, to say, for example, it serves as a fabulous source of high quality proteins, which a single vegetarian food is not able to provide. It contains all the essential amino acids that the body requires.

The red meat contains very high quantities of iron, when compared with plant origin foods. 100 grams of Liver contains 6000 mcgm of iron as against 325 mcgm in 100-gram carrots. Read further to explore information about the advantages of eating meat…

The phosphorus content present in meat gets much more easily absorbed than that present in cereals and legumes. This is owing to the fact that cereals and legumes contain phosphorus, usually in the form of phytic acid that must be hydrolyzed before absorption. Meat also serves as the main source for the intake of vitamin B12.

Though meat is rich in nutrients, but, there are certain things that meat lacks in. It doesn't contain any kind of fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system in order. Also it is very high in saturated fats, thus it is recommended to eat meat, but in moderate quantities.

Preserved meats like ham, bacon, salami etc should be avoided, as they are very high in terms of fats, salts, nitrites and nitrates that are often held responsible for causing cancer. It is recommended to eat not more than 60-75 grams of meat per day and not more than thrice a week.

http://www.mountvernonfarm.net/benefits.html

100% Grass-fed is as good as it gets

To us 100% grass-fed meat is like a preventive and curative medicine in food form. Grass-fed and pastured meat is tasty and very good for you. When animals are healthy and disease free their meat is healthy and disease free. Grass-fed meat is your safest meat choice, says Michael Hansen of Consumers Union. According to Jo Robinson of www.eatwild.com, “100% grass-fed animals cannot acquire BSE (Mad Cow Disease) ... and products from grass-fed animals may also lower your risk of becoming sickened by campylobacter or E. coli bacteria.”
In ruminants (cattle, sheep, goats, bison, deer, etc.), feeding grain — even if the grain is organic — produces meats that are not as healthy as 100% grass-fed meats because feeding just a little grain reduces the health benefits of the meat. (1) Grass-fed meat is a lean, flavorful health food. It provides you with high levels of the antioxidant Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), which may be one of our most potent defenses against cancer and also fights and reduces obesity, heart disease, “bad” cholesterol, adult onset diabetes, and many other ailments. (2)
Synthetic CLA is available in health food stores, but CLA in its natural form (from 100% grass-fed meat) is 600 times more biologically available to your body, according to Professor T.R. Dhiman of Utah State University as published in the Stockman Grass Farmer Magazine. Grass-fed meat also has six times the amount of ‘good’ Omega-3 fatty acids, the proper 1:1 ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty-acids (the ratio found in plants; a ratio higher than 1:4 is detrimental to your health and grain-fed meat can have a ratio as high as 1:14), and four times the amount of vitamins E and A than grain-fed meat.(1) Grass-fed products also contain Activator X, a powerful catalyst that helps your body absorb and utilize minerals.(3)
All these benefits of pasture finished meat come with about the same amount of fat as skinless chicken and a fraction of the calories.(1) You will want to eat the fat as that is where most of the benefits are concentrated. This is a super food that tastes great and is reasonably priced, especially when considering the extra nutrients in our meat. You would have to eat five to six servings of grain-fed meat to equal the nutrient intake from one serving of grass-fed, and you would be consuming all that additional, unneeded poor-quality fat and calories as well.
Our grass-fed meat is different from many other grass-fed meats. We do not expose our growing animals to anything that should not be injected into, implanted in, ingested by, sprayed-on, or poured-on them. Additionally, we rarely feed any hay and we do not finish (fatten) our animals on grain.
Rediscover lamb! Unlike the strong taste of grain-fed lamb, grass-fed lamb is mild and pleasant tasting. Grass-fed lamb is the healthiest meat you can eat while grain-fed lamb has significant health hindrances, according to Allan Nation of The Stockman Grass Farmer.
It’s All in the Taste

We know that a healthy product is appealing, but it has to taste good. Our meat tastes the way nature intended it to taste. We sell you the same meat we eat every day. With proper preparation methods, you can enjoy flavorful and tender meat. In the fall we offer apple-finished pork. Eggs from pastured hens and meat from pastured pigs are packed with more nutrients from the grass and are from happier animals as compared to conventional confinement raised animals.
Cooking with Grass-Fed Meats
To learn more about the all the benefits of grass-fed meats and recipes visit www.eatwild.com. Check out Nourishing Traditions cookbook by Sally Fallon for great insights into a revolutionary whole foods diet high in animal proteins. You can also purchase grass-fed meat cookbooks from us directly.
Some excellent articles from Eat Wild:
You Are What Your Animals Eat
Confused about Fat?
Beyond Organic

Notes

(1) Robinson, J. 2004. Pasture Perfect: The Far-Reaching Benefits of Choosing Meat, Egg,s and Dairy Products from Grass-Fed Animals. Washington:Vashon Island Press
(2) Eat Wild: The Clearinghouse for Information about Pasture-Based Farming, http://www.eatwild.com
(3) Fallon, S. 1995. Nourishing Traditions. Promotion Publishing

http://www.healthyeatingclub.com/courses/12345food-var/5-4.php

5.4 Health benefits associated with eating meat

Muscle meat
Lean meat is an excellent source of
~ Protein
~ B vitamins (especially niacin, B6 and B12)
~ Iron, zinc and selenium
~ Glutathione (an anti-oxidant).

Organ meats
Organ meats (compared with muscle meats) are much higher in
~ cholesterol
~ iron and zinc
~ vitamin B12 and folate.
~ vitamin A (liver is the only meat that contains a significant amount of vitamin A).

Find out the nutrient content of cooked organ meats

From the Table
Which organ meat is the greatest source of cholesterol?
Which organ meat is a best source of folate?

More information about nutrients in meat

Nutrient content of cooked organ meats

Brain (lamb)
Liver (lamb)
Kidney (beef)
Nutrient
Per100g
Per100g
Per100g
Cholesterol (mg)
Iron (mg)
Zinc (mg)
Vitamin B12 (ug)*
Folate (ug)*
Vitamin A (ug)

Values from the Australian Government Nutrient Composition Table (NUTTAB95).
*UK values

Additional Information
The iron and zinc from meat is well absorbed and if meat is eaten with vegetables and cereals it also helps to improve the absorption of iron from these foods. In Australia, a large proportion of our intake of vitamin B12 comes from meat. Vitamin B12 plays an essential role in the production of red blood cells and in the maintenance of a healthy nervous system. Red meat contains glutathione, an important anti-oxidant found in the brain and so food sources of glutathione may help to keep the brain healthy.Very lean meats contain small amounts of omega 3 fats, a family of polyunsaturated fats that appear to protect against sudden death from heart disease and may play a role in keeping our minds healthy. Researchers at RMIT in Melbourne have estimated meat contributes around 20% of the omega 3 fats found in the Australian diet of men and women.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
I have ALL respect for those who choose to be vegetarian (including some of my immediate family), but sometimes I worry about the lack of essential omega oils in a vegetarian diet. Especially Omega 3, which has now been proved to increase intelligence and concentration etc. It is used quite heavily by your body to develop important parts of your brain (frontal lobe) when growing, hence children (and indeed adults) with ADHD are now strongly recommended to supplement their diet to have high levels of this.

These "essential" oils are not generated by the body and need to be included in your diet. They are mainly found in some oily fish.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Even more tongue and cheek!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1505127,00.html

Why I hate vegetarians

People should not be bullied into giving up meat by humourless, judgmental souls using spurious arguments

Julie Bindel
Monday June 13, 2005
The Guardian

Eating in a meat-free restaurant the other day made me realise why I hate vegetarians. The food, unlike the tasteless, bland rubbish often served up in such places, was delicious. Unusually for meatless cuisine, it had flavour and texture, and had even been seasoned. What was unpalatable were the customers and waiting staff, all of whom seemed to believe that what they were eating made them superior. They all looked smug and self-satisfied. It brought it home to me that most vegetarians - and I am largely excluding those who eschew meat for religious and cultural reasons - give themselves a bad name. They are better than you, don't you know? The atmosphere in the restaurant was one of pompous aloofness. I left with indigestion.

People often assume I don't eat meat, because I am a feminist and vaguely of the left. I have turned up at dinner parties to find the host has assumed that at least one guest would be vegetarian, and served undercooked baked potatoes. What an atrocity! Why can they not put a chicken in the oven at the same time? Or is the sight of meat so offensive to veggies that they would pass out at the table?
Recent converts can be the worst. I have lost friends to the cult who, once they get fed the mantra from the militants, become something akin to ex-smokers. I am tired of feeling self-conscious in restaurants when ordering meat in front of them. No one should deny that factory-farmed animals are kept in the most appalling conditions, and that eating too much meat is bad for you. But look at their claims. Crusaders promote vegetarianism not only as healthy but as a solution to world hunger and a safeguard of the planet.
Do not assume living without animal products is always a positive, healthy choice. A vegan couple in American have recently been charged with child abuse for malnourishing their three small children. They had been brought up on a vegan diet from birth. There have been similar cases where children, who cannot choose what they eat, have had their health severely damaged because of their parents' principles. They are putting the welfare of animals before that of their children. Giving up meat and dairy has been linked to anorexia and other eating disorders in teenage girls. Lack of vitamin B12, found mainly in meats, eggs, dairy and fish, can cause brain damage. Most vegans, and some non-meat-eaters, have to supplement their diet with pills. In the developed world, vegetarianism is a privileged choice. How many working-class vegetarians do you know? It is not an option for most poor people in this country.
A veggie colleague once said of a woman with her three young children in a supermarket, "Have you seen those cheap beefburgers and pies she's feeding them? Why does she not go to the market, buy some fresh vegetables and make them all some nice, healthy soup?" Again that assumption that vegetarian and vegan foods are cheaper, which they are not, and that the mother had all the time in the world to prepare food from scratch.
Let's get our priorities right. People who put foxes and lambs before people do not have my vote. Animal liberationists blowing up scientists for conducting experiments that might lead to a cure for cancer are odious. There are more refuge spaces for cats than there are for women and their children fleeing domestic violence. While rape crisis centres are closing due to lack of funds, animal charities are raking it in.
Although vegetarianism is often seen as a "women's issue", there is a nasty, misogynistic wing that relies on sexist images and messages to convince people that meat is murder. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) are the worst offenders. One of their early adverts features a woman dragging a fur coat behind her. She is captioned as a "dumb animal". Another has a woman having her fur coat ripped off in the street and clubbed to death by a man, to make the point that it is not nice to be killed for your coat. The actor who played Lolita in the 1997 remake became "the youngest star to pose naked for Peta's anti-fur campaign". The message is: treat women, not animals, like meat.
Those who think we should not eat meat because all life is sacred are naive. Would they be happy allowing mosquitoes to spread malaria, or having rats run loose in their home? Not all creatures are equal. There are natural hierarchies in the food chain.
People should be allowed to make their own choices and not be bullied or frightened into giving up meat. In the US recently, children in a secondary school were taken by their teachers to a slaughterhouse to show them how animals are killed for food. This tactic is a form of mind control, as unethical as discouraging young girls from having sex by making them watch a difficult childbirth.
I may hate vegetarians because they make me feel guilty, or because, meat being so delicious, they must have lots of willpower. But as an animal lover who agrees in principle with most reasons for giving up meat, I would rather not join that band of humourless, judgmental souls. It would seem that you are indeed what you eat.
· Julie Bindel is the founder of Justice for Women

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I have ALL respect for those who choose to be vegetarian (including some of my immediate family), but sometimes I worry about the lack of essential omega oils in a vegetarian diet. Especially Omega 3, which has now been proved to increase intelligence and concentration etc. It is used quite heavily by your body to develop important parts of your brain (frontal lobe) when growing, hence children (and indeed adults) with ADHD are now strongly recommended to supplement their diet to have high levels of this.

These "essential" oils are not generated by the body and need to be included in your diet. They are mainly found in some oily fish.

Hi Dal....this post is not to be taken seriously, but a tongue and cheek reply to Vege-Fascists who think it is their God given right to bash all Sikhs into vegetarianism.:}--}:

It is our right to choose as Sikhs what we consume..........and quite franky I am getting sick of these people.

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
Ive eaten meat all my llife but since doing morning and evening paath, realised that i personally cannot pray if i have or will eat meat in the same day. just as when we go to the gurdwarra and pray there is no meat in the langar hall and we take our shoes off and cover our heads when entering the gurudwarra, i do not eat meat as a sign of repect to the gurus who initiated this. i dont know the exact reasons for not eating meat although i have my theories, however the fact that the gurus did not eat meat in the gurudwarras is good enough for me and i feel so much better and more focused having given it up, which takes dedication and discipline, the core of our religion. wkk wkf.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Ive eaten meat all my llife but since doing morning and evening paath, realised that i personally cannot pray if i have or will eat meat in the same day. just as when we go to the gurdwarra and pray there is no meat in the langar hall and we take our shoes off and cover our heads when entering the gurudwarra, i do not eat meat as a sign of repect to the gurus who initiated this..

That your choice and perogative. This post is tongue and cheek reply to Vege-Facists, who think that meat eating has some spurious connection to spirituality and Sikhism. :crazy: It has none. ;)

i dont know the exact reasons for not eating meat although i have my theories, however the fact that the gurus did not eat meat in the gurudwarras is good enough for me and i feel so much better and more focused having given it up, which takes dedication and discipline, the core of our religion. wkk wkf.

Fact 1 - We do not know what the Guru's ate.

Fact 2 - Meat is not allowed in the Gurudwara because langaar is open to all, and vegetarian food is mutually acceptable to all.;)

If you have given it up ....that is your choice, but giving up or eating meat has not affected me spirituality. Maybe you had other issues that were unresolved.

Also read http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/essays-on-sikhism/8828-fools-who-wrangle-over-flesh-7.html#post46515

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
That your choice and perogative. This post is tongue and cheek reply to Vege-Facists, who think that meat eating has some spurious connection to spirituality and Sikhism. :crazy: It has none. ;)

PROVE IT!

since u seem to think you are all knowing and probably all pervading aswell i would like to see proof of this.

but u know what? u CANT PROVE IT

wanna know why?

cos ur human and humans as much as they would like to belive they are always right, dont know shite about many things and cant SEEEE many things, and this includes myself....

however i have SEEN and have experienced SPIRUTUALLY the benefit of not eating meat. What youre implying is that you have been in the same place that i have and had the same expereinces i have. who are you to tell me that my abstainment from eating meat has no benefit to my spirituality and connection to wanheguru ji when i know for a fact it has and have experinced such. each has their own experiences on their path to connecting with Waheguru and no doubt mine are very different to yours.

so im very sorry veer ji but not EVERYTHING can be explained with science and so called fact because only god knows what the real deal is....

not eating meat may not have any benefits to YOU but it defintly does to me, but hey each to his own hey. its not ritualistic or sacrificial like the brahmins, it is SPIRITUAL..........im not judging u just because u may like the taste of meat, im saying what IS the case for me personally and ive said it.....

Kind regards

Sikh.

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
oh and by the way, this is just one of the minor SPIRITUAL
things that made me give up meat, the others should not be talked about..

I had a dream i was climbing up a high high mountin with my late father. at the top of this mountin was a beautiful small gurudwarra. i went inside later, but at the entrance stood a shaheed singh. He asked me to stop eating meat. so i stopped, no questions. if he had asked me never to marry, i would also never marry. if he had asked me to eat meat, i would eat meat...u get my drift. before this dream i had never prayed, never even given sikhi a thought. this dream changed my life. i never knew what a shaheed was either. its things like this that go against all scientific fact when u are made simply to believe.......

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
oh and by the way, this is just one of the minor SPIRITUAL
things that made me give up meat, the others should not be talked about..

I had a dream i was climbing up a high high mountin with my late father. at the top of this mountin was a beautiful small gurudwarra. i went inside later, but at the entrance stood a shaheed singh. He asked me to stop eating meat. so i stopped, no questions. if he had asked me never to marry, i would also never marry. if he had asked me to eat meat, i would eat meat...u get my drift. before this dream i had never prayed, never even given sikhi a thought. this dream changed my life. i never knew what a shaheed was either. its things like this that go against all scientific fact when u are made simply to believe.......

Good for you.

If the shaheed told you to jump off a bridge, would you?

Meat or no meat, diet will not affect ones spiritual life, unless you dwell on it constantly. Of course, dwelling on this stuff, is a sign of someone who cannot differentiate sikhi form lifestyle.

Nov 29, 2006
Guru Fateh

Is it written in SGGS that we should eat meat

If we know GOD is in every animal
then who gave us that right to kill them to feed us

hw cn we think that, if do our Paath, after having KABARS of dead animals within us

it will affect us

NO it is of no use
just try to understand what our sikhi is

Raj karega Khalsa
Good for you.

If the shaheed told you to jump off a bridge, would you?

Meat or no meat, diet will not affect ones spiritual life, unless you dwell on it constantly. Of course, dwelling on this stuff, is a sign of someone who cannot differentiate sikhi form lifestyle.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
PROVE IT!

since u seem to think you are all knowing and probably all pervading aswell i would like to see proof of this.

I don't think I am all knowing.......and unlike you I am not hung up on meat eating:

As for proof, that spirituality has nothing to do with spirituality, here are the words of Guru Nanak:

Page 1289 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

mehlaa 1.
maas maas kar moorakh jhagrhay gi-aan Dhi-aan nahee jaanai.
ka-un maas ka-un saag kahaavai kis meh paap samaanay.
gaiNdaa maar hom jag kee-ay dayviti-aa kee baanay.
maas chhod bais nak pakrheh raatee maanas khaanay.
farh kar lokaaN no dikhlaavahi gi-aan Dhi-aan nahee soojhai.
naanak anDhay si-o ki-aa kahee-ai kahai na kahi-aa boojhai.
anDhaa so-ay je anDh kamaavai tis ridai se lochan naahee.
maat pitaa kee rakat nipannay machhee maas na khaaNhee.

First Mehl:
The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom.
What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin?
It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering.
Those who renounce meat, and hold their noses when sitting near it, devour men at night.
They practice hypocrisy, and make a show before other people, but they do not understand anything about meditation or spiritual wisdom.
O Nanak, what can be said to the blind people? They cannot answer, or even understand what is said.
They alone are blind, who act blindly. They have no eyes in their hearts.
They are produced from the blood of their mothers and fathers, but they do not eat fish or meat.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

and stop being so dammed rude.

PS This thread was originally meant to be tongue and cheek to some vege-fascist posts. Sikh......you obviously dont get it.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
cos ur human and humans as much as they would like to belive they are always right, dont know shite about many things and cant SEEEE many things, and this includes myself....

I did not know that people of high spirituality talked with terms like "Shite"? Is this a word you saw your Shaheed give you in your dreams? or was it something a Sant Mat Baba gave to as a prayer? There is a world of difference between delusion and spirituality.........and using words like "Shite" to me indicates delusion.

Talk in a respective tone..........fools wrangle over flesh......you are a classic example of this.

however i have SEEN and have experienced SPIRUTUALLY the benefit of not eating meat. What youre implying is that you have been in the same place that i have and had the same expereinces i have. who are you to tell me that my abstainment from eating meat has no benefit to my spirituality and connection to wanheguru ji when i know for a fact it has and have experinced such. each has their own experiences on their path to connecting with Waheguru and no doubt mine are very different to yours.

How do you know I have not had spiritual experiences? What makes you more spiritual than other people?

My thinking is different from yours because I am not hung up on meat eating or vegetarianism. I do not claim a spiritually moral higher ground.

so im very sorry veer ji but not EVERYTHING can be explained with science and so called fact because only god knows what the real deal is....

I you understood why this thread was made you would understand that it was tongue and cheek.....do you understand the concept of tongue and cheek? Surely someone with your spiritual wisdom would understand such a basic concept of humour?

not eating meat may not have any benefits to YOU but it defintly does to me, but hey each to his own hey. its not ritualistic or sacrificial like the brahmins, it is SPIRITUAL..........im not judging u just because u may like the taste of meat, im saying what IS the case for me personally and ive said it.....

Sounds like every post you write seems to be a judgement on whether one should eat meat or not. Why are you so obsessed with this issue? So deep trauma? A sense of superiority?

As claims you make on higher spirituality are spurios, as rightly pointed out by Guru Nanak.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Guru Fateh

Is it written in SGGS that we should eat meat

If we know GOD is in every animal
then who gave us that right to kill them to feed us

Bani states god and life dwells in plants too.....what gives us the right to feed off them too? Page 478 Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji:

ਆਸਾ
आसा ॥
aasaa.
Aasaa:

ਹਜ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਗੋਮਤੀ ਤੀਰ
हज हमारी गोमती तीर ॥
haj hamaaree gomtee teer.
My pilgrimage to Mecca is on the banks of the Gomati River;

ਜਹਾ ਬਸਹਿ ਪੀਤੰਬਰ ਪੀਰ ॥੧॥
जहा बसहि पीत्मबर पीर ॥१॥
jahaa baseh peetambar peer. ||1||
the spiritual teacher in his yellow robes dwells there. ||1||

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਿਆ ਖੂਬੁ ਗਾਵਤਾ ਹੈ
वाहु वाहु किआ खूबु गावता है ॥
vaahu vaahu ki-aa khoob gaavtaa hai.
Waaho! Waaho! Hail! Hail! How wondrously he sings.

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੇਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵਤਾ ਹੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
हरि का नामु मेरै मनि भावता है ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
har kaa naam mayrai man bhaavtaa hai. ||1|| rahaa-o.
The Name of the Lord is pleasing to my mind. ||1||Pause||

ਨਾਰਦ ਸਾਰਦ ਕਰਹਿ ਖਵਾਸੀ
नारद सारद करहि खवासी ॥
naarad saarad karahi khavaasee.
Naarada the sage, and Shaarada the goddess of knowledge, serve the Lord.

ਪਾਸਿ ਬੈਠੀ ਬੀਬੀ ਕਵਲਾ ਦਾਸੀ ॥੨॥
पासि बैठी बीबी कवला दासी ॥२॥
paas baithee beebee kavlaa daasee. ||2||
The goddess Lakhshmi sits by Him as His slave. ||2||

ਕੰਠੇ ਮਾਲਾ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਰਾਮੁ
कंठे माला जिहवा रामु ॥
kanthay maalaa jihvaa raam.
The mala is around my neck, and the Lord's Name is upon my tongue.

ਸਹੰਸ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੈ ਲੈ ਕਰਉ ਸਲਾਮੁ ॥੩॥
सहंस नामु लै लै करउ सलामु ॥३॥
sahaNs naam lai lai kara-o salaam. ||3||
I repeat the Naam, the Name of the Lord, a thousand times, and bow in reverence to Him. ||3||

ਕਹਤ ਕਬੀਰ ਰਾਮ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵਉ
कहत कबीर राम गुन गावउ ॥
kahat kabeer raam gun gaava-o.
Says Kabeer, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord;

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੋਊ ਸਮਝਾਵਉ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੩॥
हिंदू तुरक दोऊ समझावउ ॥४॥४॥१३॥
hindoo turak do-oo samjhaava-o. ||4||4||13||
I teach both Hindus and Muslims. ||4||4||13||

ਆਸਾ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀਉ ਕੇ ਪੰਚਪਦੇ ਦੁਤੁਕੇ
आसा स्री कबीर जीउ के पंचपदे ९ दुतुके ५
aasaa saree kabeer jee-o kay panchpaday 9 dutukay 5
Aasaa, Kabeer Jee, 9 Panch-Padas, 5 Du-Tukas:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਪਾਤੀ ਤੋਰੈ ਮਾਲਿਨੀ ਪਾਤੀ ਪਾਤੀ ਜੀਉ
पाती तोरै मालिनी पाती पाती जीउ ॥
paatee torai maalini paatee paatee jee-o.
You tear off the leaves, O gardener, but in each and every leaf, there is life.

ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਉ ਪਾਤੀ ਤੋਰੈ ਸੋ ਪਾਹਨ ਨਿਰਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
जिसु पाहन कउ पाती तोरै सो पाहन निरजीउ ॥१॥
jis paahan ka-o paatee torai so paahan nirjee-o. ||1||
That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1||

ਭੂਲੀ ਮਾਲਨੀ ਹੈ ਏਉ
भूली मालनी है एउ ॥
bhoolee maalnee hai ay-o.
In this, you are mistaken, O gardener.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਜਾਗਤਾ ਹੈ ਦੇਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
सतिगुरु जागता है देउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
satgur jaagtaa hai day-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.
The True Guru is the Living Lord. ||1||Pause||

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪਾਤੀ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਡਾਰੀ ਫੂਲ ਸੰਕਰਦੇਉ
ब्रहमु पाती बिसनु डारी फूल संकरदेउ ॥
barahm paatee bisan daaree fool sankarday-o.
Brahma is in the leaves, Vishnu is in the branches, and Shiva is in the flowers.

ਤੀਨਿ ਦੇਵ ਪ੍ਰਤਖਿ ਤੋਰਹਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਕਿਸ ਕੀ ਸੇਉ ॥੨॥
तीनि देव प्रतखि तोरहि करहि किस की सेउ ॥२॥
teen dayv partakh toreh karahi kis kee say-o. ||2||
When you break these three gods, whose service are you performing? ||2||

ਪਾਖਾਨ ਗਢਿ ਕੈ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਕੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਦੇ ਕੈ ਛਾਤੀ ਪਾਉ
पाखान गढि कै मूरति कीन्ही दे कै छाती पाउ ॥
paakhaan gadh kai moorat keenHee day kai chhaatee paa-o.
The sculptor carves the stone and fashions it into an idol, placing his feet upon its chest.

ਜੇ ਏਹ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਸਾਚੀ ਹੈ ਤਉ ਗੜ੍ਹਣਹਾਰੇ ਖਾਉ ॥੩॥
जे एह मूरति साची है तउ गड़्हणहारे खाउ ॥३॥
jay ayh moorat saachee hai ta-o garhHanhaaray khaa-o. ||3||
If this stone god was true, it would devour the sculptor for this! ||3||

ਭਾਤੁ ਪਹਿਤਿ ਅਰੁ ਲਾਪਸੀ ਕਰਕਰਾ ਕਾਸਾਰੁ
भातु पहिति अरु लापसी करकरा कासारु ॥
bhaat pahit ar laapsee karkaraa kaasaar.
Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies -

ਭੋਗਨਹਾਰੇ ਭੋਗਿਆ ਇਸੁ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਕੇ ਮੁਖ ਛਾਰੁ ॥੪॥
भोगनहारे भोगिआ इसु मूरति के मुख छारु ॥४॥
bhoganhaaray bhogi-aa is moorat kay mukh chhaar. ||4||
the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

ਮਾਲਿਨਿ ਭੂਲੀ ਜਗੁ ਭੁਲਾਨਾ ਹਮ ਭੁਲਾਨੇ ਨਾਹਿ
मालिनि भूली जगु भुलाना हम भुलाने नाहि ॥
maalin bhoolee jag bhulaanaa ham bhulaanay naahi.
The gardener is mistaken, and the world is mistaken, but I am not mistaken.

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਹਮ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਖੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇ ॥੫॥੧॥੧੪॥
कहु कबीर हम राम राखे क्रिपा करि हरि राइ ॥५॥१॥१४॥
kaho kabeer ham raam raakhay kirpaa kar har raa-ay. ||5||1||14||
Says Kabeer, the Lord preserves me; the Lord, my King, has showered His Blessings upon me. ||5||1||14||

In fact we are capable of being incarnated as a plant and then the next as a human:

On page 176 of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the following is written:

ga-orhee gu-aarayree mehlaa 5.
ka-ee janam bha-ay keet patangaa.
ka-ee janam gaj meen kurangaa.
ka-ee janam pankhee sarap ho-i-o.
ka-ee janam haivar barikh jo-i-o.
mil jagdees milan kee baree-aa. chirankaal ih dayh sanjaree-aa. rahaa-o.
ka-ee janam sail gir kari-aa.
ka-ee janam garabh hir khari-aa.
ka-ee janam saakh kar upaa-i-aa.
lakh cha-oraaseeh jon bharmaa-i-aa.
saaDhsang bha-i-o janam paraapat.
kar sayvaa bhaj har har gurmat.
ti-aag maan jhooth abhimaan.
jeevat mareh dargeh parvaan.
avar na doojaa karnai jog.
taa milee-ai jaa laihi milaa-ay.
kaho naanak har har gun gaa-ay.

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl:
In so many incarnations, you were a worm and an insect;
in so many incarnations, you were an elephant, a fish and a deer.
In so many incarnations, you were a bird and a snake.
In so many incarnations, you were yoked as an ox and a horse.
Meet the Lord of the Universe - now is the time to meet Him.
After so very long, this human body was fashioned for you. Pause
In so many incarnations, you were rocks and mountains;
in so many incarnations, you were aborted in the womb;
in so many incarnations, you developed branches and leaves;
you wandered through 8.4 million incarnations.
Through the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you obtained this human life.
Do seva - selfless service; follow the Guru's Teachings, and vibrate the Lord's Name, Har, Har.
Abandon pride, falsehood and arrogance.
Remain dead while yet alive, and you shall be welcomed in the Court of the Lord.
Whatever has been, and whatever shall be, comes from You, Lord.
No one else can do anything at all.
We are united with You, when You unite us with Yourself.
Says Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, Har, Har.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

So we are capable of going from plant to human then surely we are eating a potential human life?

The whole meat eating and vegetarian argument is a nonsense. It is a disease that has been spread amongst Sikhi by Braminists and their Sant Mat followers.

hw cn we think that, if do our Paath, after having KABARS of dead animals within us

it will affect us

NO it is of no use
just try to understand what our sikhi is

Raj karega Khalsa

How do you know it will affect us?

How do you know that eating the next plant you ate was not a potential human life? How do you know that will not affect us?

The whole argument over this is folly. It is Brahminist propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: