Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh News Beadbi at Bow Gurudwara

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Archived_Member4, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Archived_Member4

Archived_Member4
    Expand Collapse

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    India Beadbi of Karah Parshad on "Bani Serial" Breaking News Dec 3, 2013
    Controversial British people pull some extreme disrespect and Beadbi near Southall Gurdwara Hard Talk May 9, 2012
    Beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahibji Hard Talk Sep 15, 2011
    Controversial UK sangat prevents beadbi at Grays Gurdwara Hard Talk Oct 18, 2010
    What is Beadbi? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jun 17, 2009

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Singh ji

Since this was in Punjabi would you kindly provide a synopsis of the video for everyone else? :advocate: Can we be certain that there was a beadbi as opposed to a sectarian interpretation of what happened/did not happen? Please explain.

4. dalsingh

dalsingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

It is Bow and not Bough btw. And if you are concerned, come this weekend to the East London Nagar Kirtan.

5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

dalsingh ji

Obviously I cannot understand the Punjabi narration. But what this looked/sounded like to me was a Dandami/Takal recitation/sermon of some kind. And I was just judging from the pronunciation of the speaker in he video. Also he wore a saffron turban which is not uncommon among Dandami scholars for certain occasions. All guesses on my part.

So was there a beadbi? Was there a beadbi according to the man who was speaking?

6. dalsingh

dalsingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Basically the guy is saying that when he went to the Gurdwara 24 hours after the event he saw the committee sitting outside drinking tea. He also claims that the committee were stopping them collecting the burnt saroops from the building but they were allowed to do so by the Fire Brigade. He is claiming laxity and non-concern by the committee.

He is saying they did not give dure care to saroops. He is a bit firebrand. He is using the word kunjar a bit too much.

He has also just claimed that the Gurdwara has distributed meat in the langar and marijuana. I've heard enough.....